Life Time Fitness Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
127 interviews

2.5

Kids Academy Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2013.

It was a group interview. They asked us to have memorize the mission and vision prior to coming in. We were asked to write it down as soon as we walked in. The manager seemed to be stressed, but maintained a smile the whole way through.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. They asked how we managed a healthy lifestyle outside of working out.   Answer Question
    There was none

Run Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Harrison, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Harrison, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Met with the Westchester NY Running club at the facility to work out and meet the member. Had a very positive experience working with them, and with meeting the predecessor in the Coordinator position, who was leaving due to personal issues. My conversation with her, and the regional coordinator were pleasant and productive. This lead to a one-on-one meeting with the Senior General Manager at the Westchester facility, who seemed more concerned with hiring someone in line with corporate philosophy than a dedicated and experienced fitness person who would grow and develop the position. The interview was fairly short, and I left with the impression that she was looking for something different than a person to actually coordinate their program. I felt as if she was principally concerned with finding a "company person."

Interview Questions
    • I didn't experience any questions as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Department Head Interview

Interview process involved interview with current department head, regional lead, and club general manager. Questions are targeted selection based and they are looking for STAR answers (situation, task, action, result). Department heads are put through and expected to pass Life Time's department head certification for their respective department upon hire.

Interview Questions
    • Must memorize and recite company's mission and vision statements for interview with gm.   View Answer

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Submitted application online, MEM (Member Engagement Manager) set up appointment to meet within a couple of days, met with her and it was pretty basic (they'll basically take anyone willing to cold call and work 70+ hours per week - even without sales experience). After that I interviewed with the GM of the club, same interview... Life Time is full of robots so they just read off of a sheet that corporate gives them and they rate whether or not you filled in all of their little boxes. Basically all you have to do (and they'll tell you this) is give them a specific incidence or example of whatever question they want answered, what happened, what you did, and what the outcome was. After that you'll meet with the Regional, same interview again... and you're done. All of this should take about a week or two. If you can pretend to be an aggressive drone you'll be fine. They actually tell their sales people to drill the person in front of them until they get pissed enough to walk away so get ready for that.

It's 100% commission and you'll work more than 70 hours per week and average about $11 an hour if you're good at what you do... Look elsewhere, there's much better out there; don't settle on this.

Member Services - Front Desk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2014.

I was emailed from the customer service manager to fill out q questioner after apply and then was emailed back to set up a phone interview after the phone interview I was called in for a in person interview and then was emailed back again and was told to memorize the company creed and I would interview with the general manager. I get to the interview with the general manger to find out it was a group interview and the person I was with was late I waited and she finally came and had to say and write the creed verbatim the GM was made I did not memorize it I have been in the fitness industry for years and left another fitness company as a GM and was heading back to school look for a part time job. I was emailed several weeks latter and was told they offered me the position

Interview Questions
    I was not given wiggle room it was accept the offer or they did not want you

Member Services Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2014.

You are emailed back almost immediately if they don't want you. if you're appealing in your submissions you are called for a phone screening to see if you're worth an interview. If you don't suit a resume they won't even open your application. You are then called in for an interview that's pretty scenario based and if you nail that one then you will be called into the interview with the general manager to recite the mission and vision

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question honestly is the simplest one like "describe a time when..." because you have to sit there for a second and kind of film through your life to find a decent answer   Answer Question
    nothing is negotiable at first

Mea Interview

took about 2 weeks. Met with Manager, GM, and Regional Manager. Nothing too hard. Just know yourself and your experiences well enough to communicate them. They try to paint a picture of the company, but you will soon find out that it is nothing of what you expected.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

First initial interview is usually with the PT Director of the Club. He may have you on the spot, take a piece of paper, and tell you to walk the fitness floor and get 5 different people's thoughts on why they joined the club and tell you to come back.

If you make it to the next stage, you come in to train one of the trainers, who is typically an Assistant Director (can be anywhere from 3-6 of these depending on size of club). Be ready for them to throw a monkey wrench in whatever you had planned (will possibly act as if they have bad knees, ankle injury, etc.) If you are lucky, they will just want a good workout, because typically it is their down time when they usually workout anyway.

The third stage is usually with the GM of the club who oversees the entire club. Be ready to know information about the club. My GM asked me on the spot what the mission statement was, word for word. I was given a heads up by the 2nd interviewer. Also, depending on the person, (my GM was a little different), asked random fitness questions, such as how many bones in the body or something random like that.

Life Cafe Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in April 2013.

He calls you to schedule the interview with the Life Cafe Department Head. He will go through the Corporate interview questions and engage in conversation with you. If successful, you will need to do a second interview with the General Manager. This is an easier interview that just covers the information on the sheet you are given.

Member Services Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in June 2014.

Applied online and stopped in to talk to Hiring Manager after about a week and a half. She said they were reviewing applications and would call me to set up an interview in a few days. She called about a week later to do a pre-screen phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. They ask you to memorize their Vision & Mission Statements but everything else is pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!