Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions

2.9

On Call Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Made an application online where I answered some application questions and uploaded my CV, at this point they just want to know if your bankrupt or have any credit history or been court for any financial reasons. Then was emailed to undertake some online test one of the tests include algebra style questions eg. ?÷3+ 342=358 and a memory test.
    After passing the tests I was invited to book an interview online, had to chase HR careers up for about a month on awaiting for new interview slots to book but eventually was told to log in and book an interview slot.
    Interview was straight forward explained everything such as uniform will be provided, holidays, training, availability, overtime etc. Interview was customer service orientated as it is in the field of a retail bank so retail experience would be helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Why Lloyds?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you worked as part of a team to reach your goals?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you resolved an issue with a customer that was in distress?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you upheld your relationship with your colleagues? (I can't remember exactly but was something along the lines if this)   Answer Question
    N/A

Manager - Group Corporate Treasury Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Several interviews with team members although coordination between interviewers was laughably poor. Suspect this is true for interview process for many roles as recruitment process seems to be run by the hiring team with no centralised HR process for example.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question on specific field related to the role. Nothing unexpected or left field   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2014.

Almost whole Interview and stages was done through Hyphen, a 3rd party recruitment agency. There was a phone interview to make sure you are who you claim to be basically, a mathematical test where half the questions were way to hard to be answered within the minute or so alloted to each question (58 in total!), A recorded webcam interview where you record answers to their questions on screen, and finally a live webcam interview on two chosen quotes which you must argue for or against one and conclude.

The assessment center lasted all day, from 9-5. The first half was an interview with 2 managers, answering competency questions. The 2nd half was group work - although there were 8 of us in my team and it made it a little unwieldy - given two tasks - 'name top 5 most significant events in last 100 years' and '15 items in order of importance you would need on a shipwrecked boat 1000 miles from land' Of course the answers are open to interpretation but it;'s about how you justify your choices using logic and/or knowledge already gained.

Got better offer elsewhere

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2014.

I sent in my CV, then did online aptitude tests, a non-live recorded interview, a skype interview and then attended an assessment centre. During all of the recorded and live interviews I had to demonstrate business accumen and desire to work in IT whilst being able to demonstrate team work and other work skills.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straightforward but the assessment centre was rather difficult with the group sessions.   Answer Question

Media Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I sent them my CV. They asked me about my previous experience. It was a competency-based interview. The interviewers seemed to be quite friendly. Nothing was put in specifically to catch me out or anything.

Sales Advisor/Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in June 2014.

1. First stage was the online application, where I had to provide all relevant information (approximately 45 minutes).

2. Immediately after this I received an invitation to do 2 online tests: a personality test and numerical test. I was given 5 days to complete these.

3. Shortly after I completed the online tests I received an offer to participate in a telephone interview. In my case it lasted around 30 minutes and was essentially a conversation to confirm I am human, I had to confirm certain information I had provided in my initial application, followed by a few competency based questions. Be prepared to repeat yourself as they are writing down what you say and will ask supporting questions to make sure they understand what you are saying.

4. A few minutes after the telephone interview I was invited to a face-to-face one. This had 2 stages - a proper interview and then some role-play. The first part took around 45 minutes and was similar to the telephone interview, though more in-depth. There were a lot of motivational and competency based questions, such as:

- Why Lloyds?
    - Tell me of a time when you had to get out of your way to help someone?
    - Could you recall a situation when you had to learn to do something differently, adopt a new process/system?

Following the interview there was some role-play over the phone, as the job is customer service focused.
    I was given a fictional scenario which I had 5-10 minutes to read. I then had a conversation with the interviewer where he played a customer to whom I had to sell an insurance package based on his needs.

I was offered the job the following day, so I'd say they're quite quick in assessing the suitability of candidates.

No negotiation, though I would advise doing the online tests as quickly as possible and sending the company the information they need promptly as that really speeds up the process.

Customer Adviser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

It was very straight way interview. Competency based. I had assessment followed by role play. The interviewers were friendly and nice. They initial did telephone interview which was still competency based.

Summer Intern - General Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Online test -Telephone interview (questions on organization) - Assessment center: motivational interview, business case (a bank case, with outcome of choosing unexpected products), work project. The whole interview was structured with focus on customers (the group is strongly changing toward this direction) and appreciated questions are about culture of the company. It is required to speak about past experiences providing examples following the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Just motivational questions about how i solved my problems and what if I could go back in the past, concerning university and group works   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in May 2014.

applied online, following a LinkedIn posting got a phone call the next day asking me some questions and inviting me for face to face, meet two of the team who didn't seem experienced in interviewing almost seemed intimidated. asked me generic question off a sheet they weren't very fluid. asked me to prepare my views on Q1 statement for a Q&A but never asked me about it. Still waiting to hear who got the role even though I was told we'd be informed by Wednesday- fingers crossed

Interview Questions
    • Felt like the people interviewing didn't know what to ask   View Answer

Risks Analyst Interview

they gave me a form to fill out and then i had some tests and i did the tests that was ages ago and they keep saying there are no telephone interview dates why they no interview me