Lloyds Banking Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Interview

Media

Interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group

Interview Details The process was pretty straightforward. I sent them my CV. They asked me about my previous experience. It was a competency-based interview. The interviewers seemed to be quite friendly. Nothing was put in specifically to catch me out or anything.

Sales Advisor/Customer Service Interview

Sales Advisor/Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in June 2014.

Interview Details 1. First stage was the online application, where I had to provide all relevant information (approximately 45 minutes).

2. Immediately after this I received an invitation to do 2 online tests: a personality test and numerical test. I was given 5 days to complete these.

3. Shortly after I completed the online tests I received an offer to participate in a telephone interview. In my case it lasted around 30 minutes and was essentially a conversation to confirm I am human, I had to confirm certain information I had provided in my initial application, followed by a few competency based questions. Be prepared to repeat yourself as they are writing down what you say and will ask supporting questions to make sure they understand what you are saying.

4. A few minutes after the telephone interview I was invited to a face-to-face one. This had 2 stages - a proper interview and then some role-play. The first part took around 45 minutes and was similar to the telephone interview, though more in-depth. There were a lot of motivational and competency based questions, such as:

- Why Lloyds?
- Tell me of a time when you had to get out of your way to help someone?
- Could you recall a situation when you had to learn to do something differently, adopt a new process/system?

Following the interview there was some role-play over the phone, as the job is customer service focused.
I was given a fictional scenario which I had 5-10 minutes to read. I then had a conversation with the interviewer where he played a customer to whom I had to sell an insurance package based on his needs.

I was offered the job the following day, so I'd say they're quite quick in assessing the suitability of candidates.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, though I would advise doing the online tests as quickly as possible and sending the company the information they need promptly as that really speeds up the process.

Customer Adviser Interview

Customer Adviser

I applied online and interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details It was very straight way interview. Competency based. I had assessment followed by role play. The interviewers were friendly and nice. They initial did telephone interview which was still competency based.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Assistant Marketing Manager
Bristol, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in May 2014.

Interview Details applied online, following a LinkedIn posting got a phone call the next day asking me some questions and inviting me for face to face, meet two of the team who didn't seem experienced in interviewing almost seemed intimidated. asked me generic question off a sheet they weren't very fluid. asked me to prepare my views on Q1 statement for a Q&A but never asked me about it. Still waiting to hear who got the role even though I was told we'd be informed by Wednesday- fingers crossed

Interview Question – Felt like the people interviewing didn't know what to ask   View Answer

Migration Programmer Delivery Manager Interview

Migration Programmer Delivery Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in May 2010.

Interview Details One interview; very straightforward, with the hiring manager. Not a lot more to say except it was the shortest process I have encountered and I was there for 18 months,

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Summer Intern - General Management Interview

Summer Intern - General Management
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details Online test -Telephone interview (questions on organization) - Assessment center: motivational interview, business case (a bank case, with outcome of choosing unexpected products), work project. The whole interview was structured with focus on customers (the group is strongly changing toward this direction) and appreciated questions are about culture of the company. It is required to speak about past experiences providing examples following the STAR method.

Interview Question – Just motivational questions about how i solved my problems and what if I could go back in the past, concerning university and group works   Answer Question

Risks Analyst Interview

Risks Analyst

Interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group

Interview Details they gave me a form to fill out and then i had some tests and i did the tests that was ages ago and they keep saying there are no telephone interview dates why they no interview me

Client Coverage (Regions) Summer Intern Interview

Client Coverage (Regions) Summer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details I got through 2 online tests and then another telephone interview. The questions include basics like why Lloyds, why this programme etc as well as one competency question. Within two days, I received an email for an invitation to the Assessment centre on 15th April, 2014, but only on 9th April, 2014, that they emailed me to cancel the AC because of 'internal' reasons and rescheduled another AC on 1st May, 2014, which I am due to attend.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is what are the problems that Lloyds is facing now? It is not difficult to answer this question if you have researched beforehand but be aware that there might be a lot of follow-up questions, like how does this problem affect Lloyds, how does it affect our competitors, how does it affect the society, what do you think Lloyds should do etc.   Answer Question

Operations Graduate Programmer Interview

Operations Graduate Programmer
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview Details First stage: complete an application form + CV
2nd stage: aptitude test + personality test
3rd stage: Phone interview
4th stage: Assessment centre (group exercises, presentation and another interview)

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in February 2013.

Interview Details I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position. I had two rounds of interviews as i was applying for a contract position.

Worked for Lloyds Banking Group? Contribute to the Community!