Lloyds Banking Group

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

3.1

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program- Group Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Just thought I'd share my video interview questions. The questions themselves weren't difficult, but talking to a computer screen and cutting down the answers into 90 seconds was a bit of a weird experience.
    The questions that I got were something along the lines of:
    - what motivates you to pursue a career in this role?
    - are you good at using different sources and explaining key points?
    - do you believe that banks should have ethical standards?
    - are you one to take ownership for tasks and challenges?
    - what do you do to fit in in a new team?
    - time when you solved a challenge
    -improving a process
    -are you good at reacting and adapting to people's behaviour?
    -do you take initiative and want to get involved?
    - what did you enjoy learning about lloyds?
    -are you good at building relationships?
    -when did you exceed someone's expectations in helping them?

Have 12 questions and 90 seconds to answer each, with 30 seconds to think in between. Can pause for as long as you want in between questions.

Now waiting to hear back! Good luck :)

Interview Questions
    • are you good at reacting and adapting to people's behaviour   View Answer

SME & Mid Markets Interview

I had a "video" interview in which I had to answer Lloyd Bank's questions one by one. There was no 'interviewer', and my answers were automatically recorded. I had to look up at my webcam consistently, as if I am facing my interviewer. The questions were mostly asking my previous work experiences, what I've learned from it, and of course, 'why Lloyds'.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that overturned my expectations. It was consistent with what previous interviewees reviewed on this glassdoor site.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in January 2015.

Very straight forward, applied through a recruitment agency, got a telephone interview which I was successful on (usual customer service questions) then I was invited up for an assessment which I had to do a questionnaire on an iPad to see if I suited the roll, personally I feel this should of been done before the telephone interview as if I had of failed it I would of wasted a 150mile round trip! After that it was two role plays with experienced staff on which I was given a sheet to read of in regards to their polices.

Waited a day got a telephone called and I accepted the job

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the other candidates in the lobby?   View Answer
    No negotiation, £9.75hr

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in December 2014.

The whole process is as outlined, so I won't go into much detail. The video interview was standard, I was asked one tricky question which was what I had enjoyed learning about Lloyds banking group throughout my research. Apart from that it was things like should banks uphold the highest moral standards, questions about you, that type of thing. Fairly typical. The assessment centre was held over half a day in London, consisting of a group exercise (something along the lines of what do the Lloyds values mean to you personally and how should graduate should contribute to upholding them, tailored towards your scheme, which was finance for me, discussed as a group and submitted on paper). I also had a 20-minute written exercise on how Lloyds could improve for its customers, and a 8 question in 10 minute numerical test. I struggled to finish due to time, but simple questions. I had to present in 5 minutes on '“An initiative, product or service that will help Lloyds Banking Group be the best bank for customers”, which you have to prepare in advance after confirming your attendance. I printed off some pages and prepared a topic, but you're not given a computer or anything, just a flip-chart. Be careful on timing, they will stop you at 5 minutes exactly, followed by questions. Finally there was an hour-long interview. This was pretty tough, asking about the values and objectives, about what I'd expect to be doing in my scheme, how I could contribute, as well as behavioural questions, do I consider myself someone who seeks to improve myself, do I enjoy helping people understand difficult concepts, that type of thing. It's not a competency based interview, so don't expect the usual format. These exercises could be in any order depending on your timetable. I heard within 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about recent changes to our group, the biggest challenges facing the industry and where what our goals in the next 5 years are.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking - Global Corporates and Financial Institutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in November 2014.

Online application form that only required you to attach a CV, no competency questions, no cover letter.

Usual SHL tests

Video interview - asked 12 questions, had 30 seconds to prepare for each and 1 min 30 to answer. The questions that I can remember are:
    - why does the role interest you
    - what interests you about Lloyds
    - something about taking initiative
    - would you say you're good at building relationships
    - time when you improved a process
    - your biggest achievement
    - when did you successful help or support someone

It all went past very quickly and I found it quite strange! But I think as long as you try to be as calm and comfortable as possible you'll be fine. I think I prefer telephone interviews. Currently waiting to hear back from them about whether I was successful.

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you're good at building lasting relationships?   Answer Question

Risks Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in November 2014.

Short application form with no competency questions which is followed by logical and numerical tests. If you meet the benchmark for the tests you will be invited to a video interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why the chosen service line?, What have you enjoyed learning about Lloyds?, When have you delivered exceptional customer service?, What do you do to establish a relationship with members of a new team?, Why Lloyds?.   Answer Question

On Call Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Made an application online where I answered some application questions and uploaded my CV, at this point they just want to know if your bankrupt or have any credit history or been court for any financial reasons. Then was emailed to undertake some online test one of the tests include algebra style questions eg. ?÷3+ 342=358 and a memory test.
    After passing the tests I was invited to book an interview online, had to chase HR careers up for about a month on awaiting for new interview slots to book but eventually was told to log in and book an interview slot.
    Interview was straight forward explained everything such as uniform will be provided, holidays, training, availability, overtime etc. Interview was customer service orientated as it is in the field of a retail bank so retail experience would be helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Why Lloyds?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you worked as part of a team to reach your goals?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you resolved an issue with a customer that was in distress?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you upheld your relationship with your colleagues? (I can't remember exactly but was something along the lines if this)   Answer Question
    N/A

Risks Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Upload my CV online the asked me to do online test includes numerical test and verbal test after I pass those two tests there will be a phone interview two days after

Manager - Group Corporate Treasury Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Several interviews with team members although coordination between interviewers was laughably poor. Suspect this is true for interview process for many roles as recruitment process seems to be run by the hiring team with no centralised HR process for example.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question on specific field related to the role. Nothing unexpected or left field   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2014.

Almost whole Interview and stages was done through Hyphen, a 3rd party recruitment agency. There was a phone interview to make sure you are who you claim to be basically, a mathematical test where half the questions were way to hard to be answered within the minute or so alloted to each question (58 in total!), A recorded webcam interview where you record answers to their questions on screen, and finally a live webcam interview on two chosen quotes which you must argue for or against one and conclude.

The assessment center lasted all day, from 9-5. The first half was an interview with 2 managers, answering competency questions. The 2nd half was group work - although there were 8 of us in my team and it made it a little unwieldy - given two tasks - 'name top 5 most significant events in last 100 years' and '15 items in order of importance you would need on a shipwrecked boat 1000 miles from land' Of course the answers are open to interpretation but it;'s about how you justify your choices using logic and/or knowledge already gained.

Got better offer elsewhere