Lloyds Banking Group

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

3.1

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program- Group Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Just thought I'd share my video interview questions. The questions themselves weren't difficult, but talking to a computer screen and cutting down the answers into 90 seconds was a bit of a weird experience.
    The questions that I got were something along the lines of:
    - what motivates you to pursue a career in this role?
    - are you good at using different sources and explaining key points?
    - do you believe that banks should have ethical standards?
    - are you one to take ownership for tasks and challenges?
    - what do you do to fit in in a new team?
    - time when you solved a challenge
    -improving a process
    -are you good at reacting and adapting to people's behaviour?
    -do you take initiative and want to get involved?
    - what did you enjoy learning about lloyds?
    -are you good at building relationships?
    -when did you exceed someone's expectations in helping them?

Have 12 questions and 90 seconds to answer each, with 30 seconds to think in between. Can pause for as long as you want in between questions.

Now waiting to hear back! Good luck :)

Interview Questions
    • are you good at reacting and adapting to people's behaviour   Answer Question

Commercial Banking - Global Corporates and Financial Institutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in November 2014.

Online application form that only required you to attach a CV, no competency questions, no cover letter.

Usual SHL tests

Video interview - asked 12 questions, had 30 seconds to prepare for each and 1 min 30 to answer. The questions that I can remember are:
    - why does the role interest you
    - what interests you about Lloyds
    - something about taking initiative
    - would you say you're good at building relationships
    - time when you improved a process
    - your biggest achievement
    - when did you successful help or support someone

It all went past very quickly and I found it quite strange! But I think as long as you try to be as calm and comfortable as possible you'll be fine. I think I prefer telephone interviews. Currently waiting to hear back from them about whether I was successful.

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you're good at building lasting relationships?   Answer Question

On Call Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Made an application online where I answered some application questions and uploaded my CV, at this point they just want to know if your bankrupt or have any credit history or been court for any financial reasons. Then was emailed to undertake some online test one of the tests include algebra style questions eg. ?÷3+ 342=358 and a memory test.
    After passing the tests I was invited to book an interview online, had to chase HR careers up for about a month on awaiting for new interview slots to book but eventually was told to log in and book an interview slot.
    Interview was straight forward explained everything such as uniform will be provided, holidays, training, availability, overtime etc. Interview was customer service orientated as it is in the field of a retail bank so retail experience would be helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Why Lloyds?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you worked as part of a team to reach your goals?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you resolved an issue with a customer that was in distress?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you upheld your relationship with your colleagues? (I can't remember exactly but was something along the lines if this)   Answer Question
    N/A

Risks Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in September 2014.

Upload my CV online the asked me to do online test includes numerical test and verbal test after I pass those two tests there will be a phone interview two days after

Manager - Group Corporate Treasury Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Several interviews with team members although coordination between interviewers was laughably poor. Suspect this is true for interview process for many roles as recruitment process seems to be run by the hiring team with no centralised HR process for example.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question on specific field related to the role. Nothing unexpected or left field   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2014.

I sent in my CV, then did online aptitude tests, a non-live recorded interview, a skype interview and then attended an assessment centre. During all of the recorded and live interviews I had to demonstrate business accumen and desire to work in IT whilst being able to demonstrate team work and other work skills.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straightforward but the assessment centre was rather difficult with the group sessions.   Answer Question

Lloyds Banking Group Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in August 2014.

Almost whole Interview and stages was done through Hyphen, a 3rd party recruitment agency. There was a phone interview to make sure you are who you claim to be basically, a mathematical test where half the questions were way to hard to be answered within the minute or so alloted to each question (58 in total!), A recorded webcam interview where you record answers to their questions on screen, and finally a live webcam interview on two chosen quotes which you must argue for or against one and conclude.

The assessment center lasted all day, from 9-5. The first half was an interview with 2 managers, answering competency questions. The 2nd half was group work - although there were 8 of us in my team and it made it a little unwieldy - given two tasks - 'name top 5 most significant events in last 100 years' and '15 items in order of importance you would need on a shipwrecked boat 1000 miles from land' Of course the answers are open to interpretation but it;'s about how you justify your choices using logic and/or knowledge already gained.

Got better offer elsewhere

Media Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I sent them my CV. They asked me about my previous experience. It was a competency-based interview. The interviewers seemed to be quite friendly. Nothing was put in specifically to catch me out or anything.

Sales Advisor/Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in June 2014.

1. First stage was the online application, where I had to provide all relevant information (approximately 45 minutes).

2. Immediately after this I received an invitation to do 2 online tests: a personality test and numerical test. I was given 5 days to complete these.

3. Shortly after I completed the online tests I received an offer to participate in a telephone interview. In my case it lasted around 30 minutes and was essentially a conversation to confirm I am human, I had to confirm certain information I had provided in my initial application, followed by a few competency based questions. Be prepared to repeat yourself as they are writing down what you say and will ask supporting questions to make sure they understand what you are saying.

4. A few minutes after the telephone interview I was invited to a face-to-face one. This had 2 stages - a proper interview and then some role-play. The first part took around 45 minutes and was similar to the telephone interview, though more in-depth. There were a lot of motivational and competency based questions, such as:

- Why Lloyds?
    - Tell me of a time when you had to get out of your way to help someone?
    - Could you recall a situation when you had to learn to do something differently, adopt a new process/system?

Following the interview there was some role-play over the phone, as the job is customer service focused.
    I was given a fictional scenario which I had 5-10 minutes to read. I then had a conversation with the interviewer where he played a customer to whom I had to sell an insurance package based on his needs.

I was offered the job the following day, so I'd say they're quite quick in assessing the suitability of candidates.

No negotiation, though I would advise doing the online tests as quickly as possible and sending the company the information they need promptly as that really speeds up the process.

Customer Adviser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

It was very straight way interview. Competency based. I had assessment followed by role play. The interviewers were friendly and nice. They initial did telephone interview which was still competency based.