Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.7

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2012.

Started with online application/Resume/Cover letter, then 3 rounds of interviews. Two with the current Team-Lead and the last with the I.T. operations manager via VoIP. NATO SECRET security clearance application required, done by company.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ampthill, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Communicated through emails and invited to an assessment day based upon submission of my CV. Half day process involving interviews, group tasks and tests. Typical competency questions and technical questions regarding specific university expertise. Friendly atmosphere and good experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ampthill, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

After the initial application, there are no tests or anything like that. I got a phone call for an interview in January sometime for an interview in February. There are 12 applicants for 3 places. 6 get interviewed in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. Along with the interviews is the group task which is to solve a problem based on different information given to different candidates. Communication is key here.

Note: Their HR department is not the best. Travel costs didn't get refunded to me unfortunately, and I received no communication after my interview, so I had to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 50p coin. This was the written test question.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Havant, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

3 short 1-1 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Questions
    Salary offered was too low - raised when I pointed this out

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The hiring process entailed completing an online application. Depending on the urgency of filling the position and how well the application meets the requirements of the vacant position determines how quickly the contact company will contact you back. Once you are in the interview process, they like to hear that you are aware of the type of position you are applying for and what you know about the business. They like to hear that you have similar experiences that will assist you in meeting their performance standards.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what FEMA does? What is the most interesting thing about what you researched about the company?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2014.

45 min. phone interview. General questions about previous experience, why this position would be a good fit, why they should hire me, etc. No unexpected questions. Manager originally wanted me to interview in person after the phone interview but due to time constraints, they wanted to speed up the process so it was one phone interview and then an offer that same day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Fair hourly rate for intern.

Logistics Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

I was first emailed by a recruiter asking if I would be interested in possibly interviewing for the position. The interview was about 6 weeks later and they were interviewing for multiple positions that day so there were a decent amount of people there. I did 3 rounds of interviews one after the other, and they all asked just about the same questions so that was pretty aggravating. As others have said, the responses needed to be in STAR format so if you're given an interview make sure you're familiar with that.

It took about 2 months after that to get the offer, which I accepted as soon as I got it. After that It was nothing but paperwork, and a ton of it. There's a background check and security check (most of their positions require security clearance, but some don't). The security check is what takes the longest; it took me a few hours just to do the paperwork for it. Once the background check was done I was given a start date, and I've loved every minute since!

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions made me think more than others, but they were all just about the same. They mostly asked about my prior work experience and things that I did in college.   Answer Question
    The offer was more than I was expecting so no I didn't try to negotiate.

Intelligence Analyst Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The entire process was streamlined and efficient. The hiring manager was professional and quick to respond. We had to conduct a phone interview and the time difference was drastic. They were able to facilitate a time that was convenient for both of us. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me personally was the "tell me about yourself" question. I did a phone interview and had written down some notes. I was pretty nervous and found myself reading my notes verbatim.   Answer Question

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!