Lockheed Martin

Updated 1 Mar 2015

2.6

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ampthill, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Communicated through emails and invited to an assessment day based upon submission of my CV. Half day process involving interviews, group tasks and tests. Typical competency questions and technical questions regarding specific university expertise. Friendly atmosphere and good experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

3 short 1-1 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Questions
    Salary offered was too low - raised when I pointed this out

Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ampthill, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

After the initial application, there are no tests or anything like that. I got a phone call for an interview in January sometime for an interview in February. There are 12 applicants for 3 places. 6 get interviewed in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. Along with the interviews is the group task which is to solve a problem based on different information given to different candidates. Communication is key here.

Note: Their HR department is not the best. Travel costs didn't get refunded to me unfortunately, and I received no communication after my interview, so I had to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 50p coin. This was the written test question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2012.

Started with online application/Resume/Cover letter, then 3 rounds of interviews. Two with the current Team-Lead and the last with the I.T. operations manager via VoIP. NATO SECRET security clearance application required, done by company.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Applied for New Grad position. Had two interviews in the same day. Both mainly HR questions that were about my experiences and how I work in a team. Very friendly interviewers. Not too many questions though, so be prepared to talk about yourself and have questions ready.

College Student Tech Spec Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied in November and got a email asking to do a phone interview. The interview was straight forward and it was all based off of my resume. Interviewer was very friendly and was straight to the point. Questions were about what your thought process was for something you mentioned on your resume. They just want to know how you think.

They got back to me in about 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Would you call urself a leader or a team member and why?   Answer Question

College Student Tech Senior Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The process is very different depending on the specific area you're applying to. For one position, I was able to get into contact with someone through a campus recruiting event. I was given a technical phone interview that started with questions based on my resume and was not given an offer. However, it should be noted that I was ill-prepared because it had been my first interview.

For another position, I applied online and received a response after several weeks. I was given an in-person interview during the week on a date specifically set off for intern interviews. It was local for me, but several other potential interns were flown in. We we given a brief history and background of the company, and then each candidate was called one-by-one by the manager they were going to be interviewed by. Because it was an all-day event, breakfast and lunch were both provided. Several people were interviewed multiple times throughout the day. There were a few technical questions, but most of it was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of the projects on your resume and your experience working with the people on that team.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Phone interview that did not last too long. They just seemed to be checking off boxes but were very nice. They provided good feedback. Just search basic interview questions, because that is what they were asking. They also asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were encountered with a problem and how did you solve it.   Answer Question