Lockheed Martin

Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.6

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Communicated through emails and invited to an assessment day based upon submission of my CV. Half day process involving interviews, group tasks and tests. Typical competency questions and technical questions regarding specific university expertise. Friendly atmosphere and good experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

3 short 1-1 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Questions
    Salary offered was too low - raised when I pointed this out

Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

After the initial application, there are no tests or anything like that. I got a phone call for an interview in January sometime for an interview in February. There are 12 applicants for 3 places. 6 get interviewed in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. Along with the interviews is the group task which is to solve a problem based on different information given to different candidates. Communication is key here.

Note: Their HR department is not the best. Travel costs didn't get refunded to me unfortunately, and I received no communication after my interview, so I had to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 50p coin. This was the written test question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2012.

Started with online application/Resume/Cover letter, then 3 rounds of interviews. Two with the current Team-Lead and the last with the I.T. operations manager via VoIP. NATO SECRET security clearance application required, done by company.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Systems Integration and Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was flown to the facility and attended a site tour, company presentation and then had a one hour 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. There were no technical questions and the conversation focused on my previous experience and how I would fit or not fit the role.

Logistician E3 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Incredibly long period between submission of application to an update on status application. Was not initially contacted by Hiring Manager but through and Associate who could provide little if any information regarding the process. After 60 days of waiting was advised of interview which was later postponed and rescheduled. A face-to-face interview of about thirty minutes, no surprises and much of the conversation included current issues maintaining customer satisfaction and issues with performance. Product/Service was currently perceived as too costly, too slow to react and the company too big to resolve customer service issues. Couple those issues with a lack of performance from the previous person and it certainly was eye opening regarding a decision to possibly accept an offer. Got to a least give them credit for showing the problems with the position prior to throwing one to the sharks.

Too many issues with customer satisfaction, salaried position with much time dedicated to contacting overseas customer, Other reason was that there was substantial lack of face-to-face customer interaction due to budget.

Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Previous interaction with business development personnel from Lockheed led to interest on their part in my services. Interview format information was provided prior to the interview. Prior to the formal interview, which started 15-20 minutes late, I was engaged in conversation with the four panel members who arrived on-time; I expect this informal conversation was really a part of the interview process as they tried to get a sense of who I was and why I was interested in Lockheed Martin. The formal interview was done by a six-member panel with each member asking questions from a pre-coordinated script. All formal interview questions from the panel followed the STAR (situation, task, action, and result) format; in total approximately 24 questions were asked and the process lasted about 1.5 hours. Later in the day I was introduced and interviewed by a senior VP.

Interview Questions
    • Recount a time in your previous career when you were asked to compromise your integrity; how did you handle the situation and what did you learn and/or carry forward from the experience?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Multiple interviews with different people. Large number of other qualified candidates there. Competitive. They had breakfast and lunch available. They actually flew me in for the interview. They were interviewing for multiple positions so it was pretty stress free.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems did you encounter with previous jobs. How did you respond.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.