Lockheed Martin

Updated 25 Nov 2014

2.6

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Communicated through emails and invited to an assessment day based upon submission of my CV. Half day process involving interviews, group tasks and tests. Typical competency questions and technical questions regarding specific university expertise. Friendly atmosphere and good experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

3 short 1-1 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Questions
    Salary offered was too low - raised when I pointed this out

Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

After the initial application, there are no tests or anything like that. I got a phone call for an interview in January sometime for an interview in February. There are 12 applicants for 3 places. 6 get interviewed in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. Along with the interviews is the group task which is to solve a problem based on different information given to different candidates. Communication is key here.

Note: Their HR department is not the best. Travel costs didn't get refunded to me unfortunately, and I received no communication after my interview, so I had to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 50p coin. This was the written test question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2012.

Started with online application/Resume/Cover letter, then 3 rounds of interviews. Two with the current Team-Lead and the last with the I.T. operations manager via VoIP. NATO SECRET security clearance application required, done by company.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Member Engineering Staff Interview

I met one of the ELDP (Engineering Leadership Development Program) at a conference and was quickly referred to another person. Within two weeks, I got a call from the manager at a location I applied to, came in for an interview two days later, and was offered a position within a week. I had three different interviews with other rotations managers for the program. They mainly asked about my team work capabilities and my projects as listed on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly simple. Just answers each question with the result of your actions taken. It is important to stress that your roles within a group, while still emphasizing you are a team player.   Answer Question
    They would like proof of competing offers. Having an internship at a big company / industry and getting a higher education degree past a Bachelors helps in your "point system." Recruiter claimed the point system is in place to prove they are an equal and fair employer. Whether or not this is true is unknown to me. Lockheed pays lower than my competing offers but their program was what drew me in.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online through the career site. It was about two months before I received a call where they told me that they wanted to fly me out to Denver for a recruiting event. All travel expenses and food were paid for. I was given 3, 45 minute interviews, where I was asked 5 behavior questions that were required to be answered in STAR format. I was also given the opportunity to share my careers goals and ask questions to the interviewers. There were about 60 people that were interviewing that weekend for various jobs. After the interviews finished, they took us to the campus to have lunch and view some guest speakers. I was notified about 5 days later that I received the job, and about 5 days after that I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions that are expected to be answered in great detail   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

The interviewing process was very good. Managers were available for questions about the job. The background check process took a long time and in this regard there was very little communication. Sometimes the next step in the process would take longer due to lack of response from the security office.

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Got into contact with a recruiter through connections in the company, and gained his contact information through linkedIn. Emailing the recruiter several times led him to sending me some positions to apply to. I heard nothing back until I emailed him saying that I have received another offer. This fast-tracked me to the final round.

The interview was purely looking for my interest and their needs. There was no technical evaluation, just goodness of fit.

Interview Questions
    This was the best offer that I had gotten out of my 4 other offers, so I did not feel like I was in a strong negotiating position. They gave me more than i expected.