Lockheed Martin

Updated 14 Jan 2015

2.6

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Communicated through emails and invited to an assessment day based upon submission of my CV. Half day process involving interviews, group tasks and tests. Typical competency questions and technical questions regarding specific university expertise. Friendly atmosphere and good experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

3 short 1-1 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Questions
    Salary offered was too low - raised when I pointed this out

Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

After the initial application, there are no tests or anything like that. I got a phone call for an interview in January sometime for an interview in February. There are 12 applicants for 3 places. 6 get interviewed in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. Along with the interviews is the group task which is to solve a problem based on different information given to different candidates. Communication is key here.

Note: Their HR department is not the best. Travel costs didn't get refunded to me unfortunately, and I received no communication after my interview, so I had to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 50p coin. This was the written test question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2012.

Started with online application/Resume/Cover letter, then 3 rounds of interviews. Two with the current Team-Lead and the last with the I.T. operations manager via VoIP. NATO SECRET security clearance application required, done by company.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Very straightforward interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Got offer within two weeks. Hiring process was smooth. Although the amount of information to provide on the online application can get lengthy and repetitive. I had two different interviews both were very similar questions wise. The interviewer made it a friendly and open conversation, so I was able to open up which eventually helped in me getting offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you were handed down too many projects at once?   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The hiring process was formal and fair. First, find the job you like on their website. Apply for the job you like and submit your resume. Then, if you are lucky, you will be selected for interview. At that point, you will complete a formal application. The company might perform a background check on you before granting an interview. Interview. Get hired. Go to work.

Straight forward

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I interviewed first with the person I was replacing. Then, I interviewed with the hiring manager, then the customer. Got a contingent offer after interviewing with the hiring manager, and a full offer after customer approval.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the customer's systems engineering process, and why?   Answer Question
    Generally Lockheed Martin does not negotiate much - very much a take it or leave it offer. Anything more requires a lot more time, and approvals up the HR chain.

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

My job interview was over the phone, and was a pleasant experience. The interviewers were completely transparent and the job was exactly as described throughout my entire assignment. No surprises.

Interview Questions
    They appeared to be more interested in what they could do for me, than what I could do for them.