Lockheed Martin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Scheme Interview

Graduate Scheme
Ampthill, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Interview Details Communicated through emails and invited to an assessment day based upon submission of my CV. Half day process involving interviews, group tasks and tests. Typical competency questions and technical questions regarding specific university expertise. Friendly atmosphere and good experience.

Interview Question – Technical questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Question – Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Engineering Summer Intern
Ampthill, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

Interview Details After the initial application, there are no tests or anything like that. I got a phone call for an interview in January sometime for an interview in February. There are 12 applicants for 3 places. 6 get interviewed in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. Along with the interviews is the group task which is to solve a problem based on different information given to different candidates. Communication is key here.

Note: Their HR department is not the best. Travel costs didn't get refunded to me unfortunately, and I received no communication after my interview, so I had to follow up.

Interview Question – Describe a 50p coin. This was the written test question.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Programmer Manager
Havant, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details 3 short 1-1 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Question – Standard stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary offered was too low - raised when I pointed this out

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

Satellite Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

Interview Details phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Communications Engineer Interview

Communications Engineer
Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

Interview Details 3 phone calls with people who didn't understand what was required, and were happy you did. The site manager was a PC Technician and was not familiar with the Network and Telecommunications responsibilities. His lack of knowledge made it very difficult to place any value as to what was expected from the position.

Interview Question – Can you help us   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated through a head-hunter, had to remind Lockheed Martin of everything they agreed to numerous times. Had to almost quit to get what they promised. Their reasons for not following up were they have a very busy schedule and you should be patient even when it has been 4-6 months past their agreed upon time for pay increases.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Software Engineer Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details Got a phone call by a recruiter to set up a profile and got bumped up to a Program Manager's view. About 2 weeks later I got an email to confirm an interview date. It was a group interview with different Program Managers. Was asked basic interview questions like "how do you handle a specific situation". More behavior questions than anything. Nothing technical at all.

Interview Question – How would you go about telling a customer that what they wanted was way out of scope of the project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was more than I expected so I accepted.

Manufacturing Engineer Senior Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Senior
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

Interview Details The interview process contained a phone call interview that lasted about 30 minutes and then they flew me out for an onsite interview which lasted about 4 hours. I first met with HR and went through the benefits and work schedule etc. Then I had a panel interview with many of the managers and peers with the departments I would be working for. There were a lot of open ended questions of what type of personalities I find hard to work with along with the normal "How are you motivated" type questions. Everyone was very professional and at the end of the interview they gave me ample time to ask questions back to them about the position. I was also given a tour of the facility when everything was completed.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. More personality questions rather than technical question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined their first offer and focused on what I thought I should be at in respects to salary. I knew they would not give me everything I wanted, but they raised the initial offer very easy without any real concern. I would always counter their first offer as they expect to negotiate.

Systems Engineering Associate Interview

Systems Engineering Associate
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details First it was a really basic phone screening. Then a two days interview at the facilities at Orlando, FL. The first day it was directly from the airport to LM facilities (so be ready with your nice attire) for a presentation about the program and about the company to all students (a group of about 35), then to the hotel, and then a diner with the hiring managers (3 managers and 3 students per table). Second day an icebreaker (teams of 4 students to solve a challenge), then a facility tour, then presentations from integrands of the program, and finally a panel interview. The interview was a regular panel interview with 4 managers/HR, one made a question, then the other manager made a question, then the other, and again in a circle of questions. It was a bit disappointing on the way the questions was delivered, they was just reading the question, I was expecting a conversation like interview, not a question/answer robotic way. After all we had a regular group diner and then they let us free to “have fun” on the area. Next morning to the airport.

Interview Question – All was behavioral question: Tell me about a time when you…   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2010.

Interview Details First a phone screening interview. General questions about your background, experience, very basic technical questions about your resume etc. If looks like a good match, then on-site interview. This is more in-depth and technical. Some will ask you circuit questions, others some behavioral/personality questions. Third phone interview for asking your interests etc.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult. If you know your basics, you should do fine.   Answer Question

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!