Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014

2.7

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Communicated through emails and invited to an assessment day based upon submission of my CV. Half day process involving interviews, group tasks and tests. Typical competency questions and technical questions regarding specific university expertise. Friendly atmosphere and good experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

3 short 1-1 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Questions
    Salary offered was too low - raised when I pointed this out

Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ampthill, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

After the initial application, there are no tests or anything like that. I got a phone call for an interview in January sometime for an interview in February. There are 12 applicants for 3 places. 6 get interviewed in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. Along with the interviews is the group task which is to solve a problem based on different information given to different candidates. Communication is key here.

Note: Their HR department is not the best. Travel costs didn't get refunded to me unfortunately, and I received no communication after my interview, so I had to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 50p coin. This was the written test question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2012.

Started with online application/Resume/Cover letter, then 3 rounds of interviews. Two with the current Team-Lead and the last with the I.T. operations manager via VoIP. NATO SECRET security clearance application required, done by company.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Aeronautical Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was contacted by HR telling me about two opportunities that I was being considered for. I was contacted almost exactly one month after applying to both positions online. I then organized travel arrangements through the company and was flown out on location in Fort Worth. I attended a hiring event at a hotel. Both interviews lasted one hour and were mostly them telling me about the company/job and asking me a few behavioral and situational questions to gauge my competency and whether they would like working with me. The interviewers included who my manager would be and an engineer in the department I would be working for. At the end they asked me if I had any questions. I asked at the end of both interviews when I would expect to hear back from them and was given vague answers that HR would handle it. While waiting for my flight later in the day I received a call from HR extending an offer. Shortly after getting the call, I was emailed the offer package.

I had also interviewed at the main facility once and the process was the same.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision that you have made in the past two years?   Answer Question
    They offered me more than I was expecting and the benefits package was amazing. I also did not have much leverage, so I did not see the need to negotiate.

Subcontract Administrator Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I had an employee referral. I applied online and heard back about one month after applying. I got a call and email saying that their was a hiring event and that I was invited to interview. They flew me out and the hiring event was pretty intense. They had a huge room full of hiring managers behind tables and I had to interview with about 50 other interviews going on around me. It was pretty difficult to concentrate on their questions when everyone was pretty much yelling around us. It lasted around 45 minutes and they said I should be hearing back within one to two weeks. I ended up getting a call about an hour after I left saying I had received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about communicating with another department that wasn't on the same page as you?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online, got back from HR within 1-2 months. Straight to on site interview. But sometimes they will have HR call you first to do the screening questions, for example, are you US citizen? I got a pre-employment form after 30 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Majority interview questions are behavioral and your school/project works.   Answer Question

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

standard interview. All tell me about a time when.... One phone interview with HR then a quick call with someone from the business. Bring you in for a 'super day' interview with multiple people answer the same thing over and over. Have multiple examples to illustrate same thing.

Interview Questions
    • none. Easy interview compared with consulting companies.   Answer Question
    Get all the money you can up front. Do not be afraid because this is the only time to get ahead working there.