Lockheed Martin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Scheme Interview

Graduate Scheme
Ampthill, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Interview Details Communicated through emails and invited to an assessment day based upon submission of my CV. Half day process involving interviews, group tasks and tests. Typical competency questions and technical questions regarding specific university expertise. Friendly atmosphere and good experience.

Interview Question – Technical questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Question – Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Engineering Summer Intern
Ampthill, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

Interview Details After the initial application, there are no tests or anything like that. I got a phone call for an interview in January sometime for an interview in February. There are 12 applicants for 3 places. 6 get interviewed in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. Along with the interviews is the group task which is to solve a problem based on different information given to different candidates. Communication is key here.

Note: Their HR department is not the best. Travel costs didn't get refunded to me unfortunately, and I received no communication after my interview, so I had to follow up.

Interview Question – Describe a 50p coin. This was the written test question.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Programmer Manager
Havant, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details 3 short 1-1 interviews 30 mins each

Interview Question – Standard stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary offered was too low - raised when I pointed this out

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

Satellite Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

Interview Details phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Interview Questions

Technology Innovations Interview

Technology Innovations

Interviewed at Lockheed Martin

Interview Details Lockheed Martin has a robust hiring process and looks for top candidates. I was flown into Washington DC at their Global Vision Center for a company overview and the interview process. This was for a special program with a more scientific and technical innovation component so I'm not sure if that is their standard process. Still, good company and structure process.

Interview Question – Questions were both technical and behavioral. Having to do a sales pitch for an idea was a bit unconventional. I didn't feel like any questions were really unexpected.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details After the first phone screening with the team lead, I was asked to come in for interview. At the interview with the team lead, manager and 2 other technical staff, I was asked some technical which I was able to answer without difficulty. They Interviewers were nice and professional. Overall, the interview was easy

Negotiation Details – I refused the first offer, and they increased it by 5%. I accepted the second offer as I realized they were not going to go higher

Intern Interview

Intern
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2013.

Interview Details Very generic interview process asking about personality and technical skills. Asked about your weaknesses, strengths and greatest achievements. It is usually a panel interview with the department associates and which ones you will be working with on a day to day basis. If you are lucky you meet the department head and is in the interview process

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Senior Communications Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

Interview Details LM recruiter contacted me initially and asked me to submit a questionnaire. I did not hear back for more than a month and then was contacted for an interview. The interview was based on a set of about 15-20 questions and my answers were written down during the interview. I was offered the job about 10 days later.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult or unexpected as far as questions asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer with LM because the salary offered was lower than expected for a senior-level position.

Software Engineer Staff Interview

Software Engineer Staff
Hanover, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted by the hiring manager after submitting my resume. The hiring manager set up an interview with one of the technical leads on the program that I was applying for. The interview was scheduled for the following week. When I arrived for the interview, I first met the hiring manager, who then passed me on to the technical lead for the actual interview.

Interview Question – During the interview the technical lead first wanted me to explain what it is that I was doing at my current position. I explained which technologies I was using in my current position. Since I was doing a lot of Java and Web Application development, I was very detailed about what our software and web applications were. This essentially led to a discussion back and forth as the pros and cons certain COTS products, programming languages, and platforms. This conversation seemed to let the interviewer know my expertise level.   Answer Question

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!