Lowe's

746 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2012.

Interview Details HR department called after about 2 months. Set up interview at the store. Came in for a 45 minute interview with HR manager and store manager. Just basic questions in regards to customer service, personnel, and store procedures. Store manager called me within 3 days to offer me the position.

Interview Question – How do you motivate your a manager who does not agree with the policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $59000 and I accepted. There was no negotiation.

Visual Space Planner Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details I interviewed but then the position got put on hold, and the process started over again 6 months later once the headcount got approved. I interviewed with 4 different people from the department, plus HR.

Negotiation Details – I asked for additional vacation, and it was denied. No negotiations on vacation.

CSA Interview

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details Part-time, no bonuses. Basically they want to make sure you work hard and can keep your cool under stressful situations. Also, that you are not a criminal or plan to steal.

Interview Question – Gave me a scenario, then asked what an ethical solution would be.   Answer Question

Unload Associate Interview

Woodhaven, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews total.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Lowe's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours, days I could or couldn't work. Pay rate.

Very Easy Interview

Head Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details They do a standardized interview with general questions. Generally there are multiple people who do interviews in sections. They are all "give me a time when..." questions and you can pretty much make something up for every question.

Interview Question – As I've stated before it was all asking to give a time when something happened and how you responded. One example could be "Give me a time when you went out of your way to help a customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. Pay is calculated from experience. The HR will input your years of experience in the computer and it will give you the recommended pay. There is really no wavering from what the computer says.

Inside/Outside Lawn and Garden (Seasonal) Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details Found an ad on snagajob that Lowe's was hiring seasonal part-time employees, so I applied. Got a call the very next day from HR to set up a day to interview, which was the same day she called. Got there, waited in the back (apparently during a group of employees' breaks) for about 20-25 minutes, just to sit in a room for another 10 minutes and sign a paper regarding the duties expected of me. HR lady said they were incredibly hectic that day, overall my experience was just really slow when it came to actually getting to the store and starting the process. never received a call back.

Interview Question – "You're going to bed, when you realize earlier today you sold a deck-spray paint that will tear all the coating off of the customer's deck. What do you do?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anderson, IN (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details This was your typical interview that you could expect for a cashier position. I went through three separate interviews, one with the HR representative, one with the assistant manager, and a final one with the General manager. After the final interview I was offered a job on the spot. I then went over information on the job and pay and was given a mouth swab drug test.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult   Answer Question

Cashier - Front End Interview

San Dimas, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details Applied online and called the store asking to speak to the HR manager. Upon getting a hold of the HR asked if I thy would be available for me to shake their hand and put a face to my application. Two weeks passed and I got a call saying I had a interview the next day. Arrived early in slacks, shirt, tie, and a vest. Interviewed first with the zone manager and that week well. 5 minutes after I spoke to the HR and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – "Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your customer service."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR manager offered me 10.24$ which was above my previous job so I accepted immediately. After thinking about it I could have likely received more due to my experience.

CSA Front End Interview

Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online in January 2014. The online application was long, consisting of both a personality and a skills test. Three weeks later in March, I received a call to schedule an interview, which I made for the next week. I dressed business casual for the interview (nice slacks, shoes, button-up). I arrived 15 minutes early and was told that someone would be with me shortly. I watched the HR ladies running around for the next 20 minutes because they were busy with 10 other new hires. Finally, I was taken to a small room to speak with one of the HR women. The room was noisy due to its location to another room that was packed with the new hires. I was asked to fill out an availability form, which stated at the top that Lowes requires open availability. She informed me that the position I was applying for was a full-time permanent position (I had applied for a seasonal position as well). I filled out some more paperwork. Afterwards, she asked me 6 questions that were in the "Name a time when..." format. She told me that I was being graded on a scale of 1-4 to see how well I answered STAR-formatted questions. She was very personable; however, the whole atmosphere was unprofessional because people were coming in and out of the room while I was interviewing. She apologized but I feel like that affected my performance a bit. Next, I was taken to a room to interview with a department manager. He was unassuming and seemed disinterested with his role as an interviewer. He asked me 6 "Name a time when..." questions, a couple of which were similar to the ones the HR woman had previously asked. He hurriedly scribbled down my answers. He asked if I had any questions for him and I answered "Yes, are there any gaps in my qualifications that would prevent me from performing well in this position?" And he responded without hesitation "No. I think you did great!" Shook his hand and was told that I'd receive a call within a few days. An hour after leaving the interview, I received a call asking if I could come in to interview with the store manager. Two days later, I found myself sitting in the store manager's office. He opened with "Tell me about yourself". He then proceeded to ask "Why Lowes?" and "Where do you see yourself in a few years?" We talked briefly about my educational history and then he told me what the position would entail. I was offered a wage, which was higher than expected, so I accepted. I was taken immediately to fill out additional paperwork to consent to a background check and drug screen(which was a swab test that took 10 minutes). Today was orientation, which occurred a week after the drug screen. Orientation lasted an hour and a half and consisted of filling out more paperwork, meeting other new hires, and taking a tour of the building. Computer training begins next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to remember a lot of details to perform a task. How did you handle it?   View Answer
  • What three things make a great retail environment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the pay because I was offered something that was higher than expected. I regret this and wish I had tried to squeeze out a bit more. Always negotiate! You never know how much the company would be willing to put out for you.

Inside/Outside Lawn and Garden (Seasonal) Interview

South Bend, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details I filled out the application around 3pm on Monday night and recieved a call for an interview about 30 minutes later. We set up the interview for the next day. I was first interviewed by an HR manager, it we pretty well. I was then told I would interview with the store manager that day. I waited around for about 30 minutes as they were conducting a load of other interviews that day. The interview with the store manager was pretty much the same STAR type questions. Both interviews went very well, they were very personable. They told me I would hear from them in 3-5 days. I got a call 2 days later offering me a position. I go in tomorrow (back to the store) to do my drug test and I was also told the background check takes an additional 3-5 days.

Interview Question – Pretty easy questions. They follow the STAR method. "Name a time when...."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but pay is above minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's interview questions and advice. All 746 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.