Lowe's

Updated 25 Feb 2015
1,439 Interview Reviews

2.6

Head Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

First you have an interview with HR (6 questions, all about tell about a time...) then with the manager (4 questions) Be specific when you answer the questions. Focus on work experience within the company if possible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time a you did not understand what was said. What was it and what dis you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time a customer was difficult   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you offer excellent customer service   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   Answer Question

Operations Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

I had a very pleasant interview for an Operations Coach position. The interviewer was friendly, courteous and personable. He explained the company, position, culture, and on-boarding process. I felt completely at ease speaking to the interviewer. He explained that this was the first part of the process (telephone interview) and if I make it to the second part I would be required to interview in person. Phone interviews can be difficult but, as I first stated, this was a very pleasant experience.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Applied online. Received a call from HR within a week. Had basic phone interview, then scheduled for in person interviews. One with HR, one with an assistant store manager, and final one with the store manager. Drug test (mouth swab), background, and credit check is performed.

Interview Questions
    • What skills can you bring to the company?   View Answer
    no negotiation. salary started at 11 an hour

Sales Specialist Flooring Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Went great. Asked usual questions listed in question area. The interviewer was very nice and easy to get along with even though there were distractions which was ok considering the time of day it was and it happened to be very busy in the store at the time I was there interviewing that day.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in 5yr, how would you handle crisis etc. They also asked, integrity questions, role playing, what would I do if I didn't know where an items was, what if a customer became angry. Also....How many hours are you wanting to work and which days and are you willing to work? Will you have a problem with the physical demands of this position? The interviewer was very nice and easy to get along with   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

After applying online got a phone call to come in for an interview at the store. The person who usually interviews was away for a family matter. Interview went well in fact they mentioned something about a position in the cash office. A couple of days later I had a phone interview with the person I was supposed to interview with in person. I thought it went well, we talked about another interview at the store and training schedule. Finally after a few weeks an email came saying that the position had been filed

IT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lowe's.

Skype interview with IT Manager. Asked behavioral based questions. some of the technical question asked were somewhat difficult. Performance criteria for a project team lead? Process flow chart for how to make a sandwich? Very nice recruiters and interviewer made me feel at ease about the interview.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

The whole process took less than a week. I applied online and I got a call back from HR manager 2 days later. I was scheduled for interview with HR manager 2 days later. He asked 9 behavioral questions and offered me the job right after. I also went through oral drug test the same day and started orientation three days later.

Interview Questions
    • What was most difficult thing that you have experienced in your previous job?
      How did your handle when you had many things to do at work?

View Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online. The process took about two weeks. After applying online I received a call the following week. Set up an interview a few days later. After the interview I received a call back a few days after that. The HR personnel informed me that they were going to go with an internal candidate, however they had another position open. It was a seasonal position, twelve hours a week at minimal wage.

Interview Questions
    • I had about 10 scenario based questions. For example; Tell me about a time you provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

I was not offered the position I interviewed for.

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview, then had a face to face interview with the store manager. After that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle if something fell off of a shelf and hurt someone.   View Answer