Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,269 Interview Reviews

2.6

Head Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's.

First you have an interview with HR (6 questions, all about tell about a time...) then with the manager (4 questions) Be specific when you answer the questions. Focus on work experience within the company if possible.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time a you did not understand what was said. What was it and what dis you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time a customer was difficult   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you offer excellent customer service   Answer Question

Flooring Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmville, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Put in for job and about 3 weeks later HR contacted me to set up interview. after the interview it was about a week before I heard if I got the job or not. I had gotten the job so I had to come in for an oral drug test, which was sent off and I had to wait another week to actually start work. The whole process was about 5 weeks long.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work with someone as a team to meat a goal. What was the task, how did you go about it, and what was the end result?
      Name a time when you were tasked with a job where you had little supervision.What was the task, how did you go about it, and what was the end result?
      Name a time where you gave a customer the wrong information. What was the situation, and how did you correct it?
      Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the situation, and how did you correct it?
      Name a time when your manager disregarded a idea or job you did?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was told what they would offered and I could take it or leave it.

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

I applied online, i got a call about four days later to come in for an interview. I met with the hr manager first. Then i met with the store manager both of them were nice! i got another call back to discuss salary and then to do a drug test they swab your mouth. Then i got scheduled for orientation a week later and i went to orentation went over new employee packets and class A violations, termination, and employee discounts the first week is hectic you are on the computer doing learning skills then you are out on the floor with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you went out your way to help a person   Answer Question
    They offered more than i expected

Pro Sales Specialest Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interviewed twice. Applied online. Was asked detailed questions, but was fairly easy.
    Most were about how I might handle certain situations. Think back to a time in the past......
    What would you do if...

Interview Questions
    • Think back to a time when you had an angry customer.   View Answer

CSA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Two interview, one easy one with HR with very general questions including some "tell me about a time..." type questions, followed by an interview with the dept manager. Depending on the dept manager it will most likely involve how you handle difficult situations with customers.

Fsa Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

The interview is not that hard, but if this is your first interview and you've never had a job before it can be a little difficult . I got through by using experiences from school . The main thing is always be prepared to have more than a two sentence answer for the questions and this is coming from what my boss told me when I asked him what I could do to move up in the company. Oh and remember when they ask you a follow up question on an answer you was struggling with - THINK UP SOMETHING FAST ! They are trying to help you so they can give you a better rating on their paperwork . The main thing is to stay calm and be prepared . Usually if you get an interview you get the job they interviewed you for 70% of the time and you usually get hired the same day. You have to have three interviews with three managers .

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer . " Simple but crucial question. For some it'll be easy for people who've never had a real job before this will be tough ,but just give an honest well thought answer and you;ll be fine ,   Answer Question

Csa Front End Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

I initially applied online for a CSA Front End position and got a call back later that day about coming in for an interview on that position. When I arrived, I could immediately tell it was a professional environment. I shook a few hands and filled out some paperwork and was immediately led back to the conference room where my interview would be conducted. I first interviewed with a assistant customer service manager and then did my second part of the interview with the direct hiring manager. Both interviews lasted about 15-20 minutes long for a grand total of about an hour for the full process. At all times I felt I was in a professional environment and was respectably dealt with. I was very interested in what each of the managers had to say and how they felt about the entire interview process. In the end, I was very satisfied and all of my questions/concerns were answered on the spot in a very professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • "When presented with a new or challenging task, how did you handle it and was the outcome successful or unsuccessful?"   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was simple. The advice I would give is to be as professional and confident as possible. When asked questions, really give specifics and evaluate in the best way possible. Show them you aren't just there for an interview. Show them you are there for the job and interested in becoming an employee ASAP.

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowling Green, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

The questions I was asked would have been for management to handle, not the employee therefore making it extremely hard to say what the interviewees want to hear. I was not prepared for some of the questions and not knowing exactly what they were looking for in my answers. Maybe a second interview would help by different personal in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done before special for a customer? What mistake have you made and how did you correct it?   View Answer

Project Coordinador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staten Island, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

Human Resources will personally call to setup interview. Generally, you will have 3 interviews in total. First initial with HR, then two more with 2 members of the Assistant Manager team.

Interview Questions
    I put my requested pay rate and received 10 cents more than what i asked for.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Three Interviews. All pretty easy. The purpose is to show that you are gregarious enoungh to engage customers. Additionally, unlike some retailers, they want you to have some relevant background in home improvement or the products offered at Lowe's.

Interview Questions

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!