MIT

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Cambridge, MA (US)

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MIT in June 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was slow, but my department was thorough. I had a phone interview, in person interview, then a meeting with the program director. MIT has a fragmented HR department, so it was difficult to get answers to questions that were HR related. Also, it was over a month between when I interviewed and got an offer for the position.

Interview Question – How would you deal with working in a small office environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate and regret that. Be sure to try!

Student Interview

Student
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in February 2012.

Interview Details it was quite nice and informative and i really enjoyed that plus the environment was quite cooperative and comfortable. i made a good impression and i am quite optimistic about the result :)
i will advise all to be confident and mature about their interview and by being mature i mean to say be prepared mentally and physically for the interview and don't try to be what you are not. its always the best choice.

Interview Question – what do you really want to do in your life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – be confident and natural

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in March 2010.

Interview Details I applied online.

Interview Question – Are you sure you want to do this?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Intern Interview

Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in June 2011.

Interview Details The phone interview is great!!! He asked me about my experience and different programs I can use. Overall, it's not a bad interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle the project if you work independently?   Answer Question

Technical Associate - Sponsored Research Staff (Temporary) Interview

Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MIT in January 2012.

Interview Details I spoke with the supervisor while a fellow lab researcher listened in, and later the director of the lab group stopped by very briefly. They mostly asked me questions about my technical background based off of my submitted resume, and there was also a simple, open-ended question about the experimental problem the job entailed to assess my thoughts and approaches. Later, I was shown an experiment in progress similar to what I would be working on. The interview was mostly informational in nature, and took 30 minutes total.

Interview Question – Suppose the driver of a push-button ignition vehicle finds his/her vehicle is suddenly accelerating out of control. What would their first reaction be? What improvements need to be made to today's systems to address this?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MIT in February 2010.

Interview Details submit cv, transcripts, research plan, teaching statement. Wait. Make short list. Interview - presentation, etc.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in September 2011.

Interview Details They ask me to tell about my projects, and ask some questions about the projects. They also ask me some behavior questions. For example, have you done projects in a group. What did you act in a group. When you find some problems in project, what did you slvoe these problems.

Intern Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MIT in April 2011.

Interview Details I received two interviews by phone. Then a skills test that was not very difficult, and finally 2 more interviews with project managers.

During the interview I had the opportunity to ask questions and take a small tour by the facilities.

PhD Student Interview

Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MIT in February 2009.

Interview Details Interview about prior research experience and academic interest. Discussions about future funding opportunities in various labs affiliated with the PhD program.

Interview Question – Discuss: how the brain processes information.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation: this is an interview for a PhD program

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Cambridge, MA (US)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at MIT in March 2009.

Interview Details Based on prior presentations at conferences, one on one interview and advisor recommendations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – As a postdoctoral candidate during a down economy, there was no negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MIT