Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England).

Interview

1st round - typical HR (phone)
    2nd round - technical with a particular trading desk. Difficult but reasonable questions (phone)
    Psychometric tests
    3rd round - interview with analyst at their office
    4th round - interview with manager at their office
    5th round - interview with analyst (phone)

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Applied in Novermber and waited for approximately 3-4 weeks for the telephone interview. attended AC in December. AC is fairly straight forward and consists of the standard SHL numerical, verbal and logical test.

Interview Questions

• how do you analyse the profitability of a given company   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

1 standard telephone interview, followed by testing at the bank. The 2nd round interview was more technical, difficult but fair. The 3rd and final interview was tough, but again, very fair considering the job.

Interview Questions

• Standard option pricing and hedging questions, followed by a discussion regarding the greeks.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

I submitted an online application, and was then invited for a phone interview which lasted for half an hour. I was asked questions such as
    1. Why Macquarie
    2. What do you enjoy doing outside of school and how do you balance your time between co-curriculars and academic work
    3. Why Risk?

I was then invited to a psychometric assessment which was 2.5 hr long and included numerical, verbal, logical and personality tests. I did not pass this stage.

Interview Questions

• What are the factors involved in the decline of oil prices and what can push them back up?   Answer Question

Market Risk Interview

Interview

Online application firstly, very simple. Noticed about phone interview just two days after submitting my application. Phone interview is 30 min and competency based. Followed by one technical question and one brain teaser question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application followed by phone interview. Then assessment test (nothing to special->SHL like) and then interviews in their office. It was all mostly about my motivation and background check. There were only a few technical questions, which in my opinion were easy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special really. Why did you choose your most recent school and major?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Online Application - First Round Phone Interview - Second Round Phone Interview - Numerical Tests - Assessment Centre - Different to most other banks as the numerical tests come after interview process.

Interview Questions

• First round competency based, very friendly - second round done by desk - questions asked about views on current financial issues and regulations   Answer Question

Interview

Send my CV through a senior employee and then contact by the HR to process. Firstly a phone interview by two members of the quantitative research team, followed by an assessment centre consisting of SHL tests and a sales test, and after that a second round f2f interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

The phone interview process required the standard competency questions such as: why Macquarie, why MacCap, current affairs etc. Make sure you are clued up with regards to their business structure and also be up to date with current M&As. Similarly, interview included questions on your CV and your successes.

Interview Questions

• Two people can produce two bikes in two hours. You are in need of of 12 bikes. How many people will it take to produce these 12 bikes in 6 hours?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

step 1:online application- Submit a cv and cover letter

step 2: telephone interview- It was mostly competency based (why mac? why your degree? etc, and only a few brain teasers)

step 3:assessment center tests (numerical, verbal, logical and personality- i believe they were the standard expected shl tests you see in other banks)

step 4: final round interview (still awaiting details)