Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.1

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Back Room/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

I basically applied online like every other candidate, and later received a email a couple of days later. I called the store and setup an interview approximately 2 days later. I went in and they asked me general questions, and he basically offered me the position on the spot. No room for negotiation, and the pay was low at $7.75. I offered a call back, but I never called back because the low pay rate.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in March 2014.

HR person called and then they rescheduled. After rescheduled called and started explaining why the last interview didn't happen. Then HR asked why I didn't check the overnight button? I told the store is closed at 9 pm. HR told me there is some overnight work involved. Sounds like a lie to me. I told him applied for the shifts I could work days and evenings. HR then said your not needed and refused the interview !! That is it...

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Applied online...Got an e-mail two days later about an interview....Interviewed the next day and was hired on the spot. They was pretty much hiring those who was available without too much looking into retail experience. Interview questions was done from a sheet....The lady seemed more interested in my availability while asking the typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you caught a co-worker doing something wrong and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Humble, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview was uneventful. Basic questions about style and selling. I was called in and interviewed by the floor manager for my dept and was offered the job immediately after the interview. Everyone seemed really pleasant and welcoming. The manager that interviewed me seemed to pause and glare at times which was strange and mildly uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to tell in detail about my most challenging customer service customer.   View Answer
    non-negotiable offer although I was informed of opportunities to win cash via store selling contests for highest sales for the month

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

There was an Initial Interview with a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case study interview where they gave you a situation that had 4 different employee's and their sales plans and actual accomplishments for the period. You have to choose which employee you would focus your attention on and say why they need the attention. The second round interview was at the regional office. The first day is an informational day and the second day consists of 2 one on one interviews, one individual assignment much like the case study from the initial interview but instead you had to look at different departments and choose which 3 departments you would focus on and why. Then there is a group activity with the same parameters as the individual one but instead, each person is assigned a department, you are told that the company has a new full time position being added and you have to fight for your department to get the position. In the end you have to come together as a group and decide which department needs it the most.

Executive Development Store Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

I applied online and was contacted about a month later by a recruiter. The first interview was a 30 min behavioral interview. A couple days later I was asked to interview with another recruiter by webcam--this interview was also behavioral.

After my first two interviews, I received an email about a week after inviting me to Macy's "On-Site" interview--the final round. This interview lasted two days and consisted of 4 interviews: two behavioral interviews, a one-on-one interview, and also a group interview. Be sure to be knowledgeable about Macy's key marketing strategies!

After the final round interviews, I was contacted less than a week later with an offer. The entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral so make sure to have 5-10 examples showcasing your leadership skills.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the starting salary is great for a recent college grad.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2009.

This went well and quick. No wait time on their part.

N/A

Macy's/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in July 2012.

A lot of situations were given ("What would you do") and you were to answer in how you would act or react to that situation. Manager asked what interests you in retail and if you had any prior experience to customer service.

Interview Questions
    • A bulk of the questions are directed toward your personal life: i.e, If you go to school currently, what are your hobbies, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

hiring process was quick and easy.. one interview then offered a position.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Humble, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Had 5 interviews (2 over the phone) even went in to do a makeover on my sister and they said I did good.
    and then a day after the last interview I get a generic email stating they didn't have a position for me.

Interview Questions
    • They just asked "are you a positive person?" over and over just reworded.
      And "how do you handle a situation where someone is dissatisfied with your work" That was asked at least 4 times.
        Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!