Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
2,617 Interview Reviews

2.3

Seasonal Stock Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Once I applied online waited 2 days, got a response via emial. She was really friendly even thou my interviewer was late. Interview was pretty straight forward wasn't hard. First question she ask was why macy as i say my answers she wasnt even looking at me too busy writing what you respond.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you had to work in a team and what did you do   View Answer

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

The interview process is a two part session. The first being a phone interview where they ask you basic questions about why you want to work for Macy's . Describe a key moment or event that showcases your talent for loss prevention. Describe your previous jobs. What the best skill you have. They just want an idea of who you are. If they like you they will call you in for a personal interview. They basically ask you about previous job experiences and how you were able to handle certain situations. They ask the same questions many times about how would you react in a under pressure momemnt

Interview Questions
    • Give a time that you had to figure out what the objective was without a supervisor telling you what to do   Answer Question
    They started me at 9 dollars an hour but informed me that pay raise was very fast based on how we performed

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I waited about 30 min for the hiring manager to collect me from the waiting room, then we went to an office and the first thing she asked was about my availability. I told her only evenings on weeknights and anytime weekends, and she proceeded to tell me that their busy hours are from noon-3 and my availability would not work for that, so the interview was over and I left. I'm not sure why they didn't check what I put on my application before offering me an interview, but it was just a waste of time!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethel Park, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel Park, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied on-line. They contacted me on-line and I chose an interview day/time using their on-line system. It was rather cool. I arrived at my scheduled time and spent 30 minutes chatting with the shoe department manager. She didn't ask too difficult questions, and it was more of a conversation than anything, but effective. She offered me a job in womens' wear on the spot. I accepted. We were going to do my I-9 form right then but I didn't have the 2 forms of photo ID with me. She said someone would call me that week. No one called.

Interview Questions
    They never called me. I called them after 3 weeks and left a message. They never returned my call.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

Online apps only, a phone interview,then a F2F interview. If you are accepted, they will then perform a background check. Training is 2 days for seasonal employees and 2 weeks for Full/Part Time. Full/Part Time employees received department training as seasonal do not. Welcome to Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Applied online at Macy's website. Got an email asking to schedule the interview, which was all done online. Once I got to my interview, the lady at the front desk took me into a separate room and gave some basic questions. Then she asked what department I wanted to work in, and went to call a manager from that department. When the manager came, I had interview for the department I was interested in. Again, very basic questions. I was offered a job right away.

There was no negotiation. I was told the hourly pay at the beginning of the interview.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montclair, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

The interview process was good, she asked about my last job, then asked scenario questions, my availability, and she also explained the tasks of the job. She basically wanted to know my prsonality and how i would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when someone you worked with did something unlawful. what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you worked in a team. what was your role? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to complete a task in a certain amount of time?   Answer Question
    She offered me a job, she was great. I advice you to be ready for your answers. Don't let your nerves get the best of you. Always smile and pay attention when they are talking to you. Always ask questions after they are done interviewing you. Good luck

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Process took about 2 weeks and the interview was very easy. Give all your strengths and specify if your really good at catching externals or internals. All informal questions which I prefer instead of that tell me about a time crap.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2010.

The interview process was a fair experience. It lasted for about an hour and a half, and each
    person had a chance to explain there individual situation. It took place at in the local mall area
    off the express way on and early spring morning.

Interview Questions
    • I found the most difficult question to be if we could stay overtime on weekends and holidays.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was simple, my advise would be to listen
    close and speak clear with confidence

Sales Associate Interview

simple not hard but i don't recommend it. it is horrible. people are not friendly well may be customers are but definitely not the employees.. i disliked this job as much as i disliked the people who i used to work wit.

cause retail is not my thing

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!