Macy's Interview Questions

2,650 Interview Reviews

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

The interviewing process wasn't really all that difficult. For the First interview it was just the basics : "Tell me about a time when..." and "How would you handle this situation". I got called back for a second interview, but they told me the position was filled and offered me another position instead which was great.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel better if they're feeling guilty about leaving the store without buying anything?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

You get 3 interviews. One with your direct directors and then 2 more with other managing directors of other departments. This is all after you get approved / kiss your managers butt for a few months.

Support Team Flex Interview

you must submit your application from website. You will be given a call within 2 to 4 weeks if your application is satisfactory to the position applying for. The interview is simple basic questions just be honest.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. The wages will be discussed and you have the opportunity to except or decline without any consequences to whether you apply again.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

applied online, got an email a few days later asking to pick a day off a a schedule that id be able to be interviewed, came in for an interview ( pretty simple) , asked a few questions dealing with retail and personality, got offered the job on the spot and was told the pay rate, accepted job, got a call back a few hours later saying that the position was actually already given to another girl, got another call back later that day and was told id be put into another spot, i then approved the offer again

there weren't any negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

I filled an application out online. I received an email a few days later in which a link was supplied to schedule an in person interview the following week. I arrived 15 minutes early and only waited about 5 minutes before I was called in. The interviewer was very friendly and the questions were pretty much expected.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to sell a product. How you went about it, how it was received, what the results were.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something wrong or against policy. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Seasonal position, minimum wage was offered.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

The interview was very simple; questions like have you worked in a team before, explain how you would initiate a sale and how would you end the sale, as well as the usual why you're choosing Macy's. The interviewer was really nice and talked a lot, which made me more comfortable. Also, there is a lot of emphasis on selling credit, so be prepared for that!

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate, but I wasn't too too pleased with the starting offer.

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frisco, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's.

I received an email to set up a interview time. I went into the HR department for my interview in dress attire. The interview was easy if you did your research and answered like you knew what you were talking about. I had a second interview right after him basically them telling me which dept I would be working in.

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

1 phone interview and 2 in person interview. Met with other detectives to see if we get along, then contingent job offer, background check, no drug test then job offer

No negotiations

Visual Merchandiser - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Applied Online- took 3 days
    Very simple, met with visual merchandiser manager, asked a few questions and explained the position. Was originally going to be multiple interviews but was cut down to one, overall good experience

No negotiation

Gift Registry Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

An in store interview, followed by a phone interview by the district manager. Both went well. It took about a week to hear from the district manager for a 10 minute phone call.

Interview Questions

The position was more hours than I could commit to on top of another job.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!