Macy's

2,551 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Stock Interview

Seasonal Stock

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details Once I applied online waited 2 days, got a response via emial. She was really friendly even thou my interviewer was late. Interview was pretty straight forward wasn't hard. First question she ask was why macy as i say my answers she wasnt even looking at me too busy writing what you respond.

Interview Question – describe a time where you had to work in a team and what did you do   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Cosmetics Sales Associate
Temecula, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details Applied online and got an interview. Interview went well & was invited to a second interview. The woman said that the manager from the cosmetics counter would give me a call in a couple days to set up the interview. Called a week or two later to check in about it & couldn't get ahold of anyone. Left two messages throughout the week and never got called back. About a month and a half later, I went in to the counter that I was supposed to interview for and asked the associate about my situation. She told me that it took them 8 weeks to call her and not to worry about it. Never got a call. This was months ago. Don't tell people that they have a second interview and then never call them. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online then 2 weeks later got an interview. The interview was great nice average questions.I was hired on the stop and asked what department I wanted to work in. Then, the interview ended and they never contacted me again until I showed up and asked what was going on. The Department manager that hired forgot that she had hired me. So, I had to interview again and got hired again.

Interview Question – What would you do if you knew a coworker was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the start wage which was 8.00

Retail Stock Merchandising Interview

Retail Stock Merchandising

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details Interview was scheduled for 10am when the store opens, interview did not start until about 10 minutes later. Was about 10-15 minutes long. The woman who interviewed me was really nice, very easy interview. Asked why macys, about previous retail experience, about integrity, customer service, and about the hours. It was a flex on-call position so she asked if I would mind having 15 hours one week two days a week, and then the next week maybe getting no hours at all. She then looked at my schedule and said it was pretty open, but that I needed to be available either all nights or all mornings for merchandising/stocking position, and said she wouldn't be able to hire me at this time, but would keep my app on file and that I should apply to sales, which is another interview process entirely.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee was on his/her phone and they needed to be working with you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and setup an interview two days later through their website. The interview was easy with basic questions like why Macy's? and most of them were related to teamwork. The manager that interviewed me had a whatever attitude I replied with great answers and have the skills needed still didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – None were difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Holiday Help Interview

Seasonal Holiday Help
Burbank, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details Quick , professional, and simple. If you are an experienced person with customer service and interaction, and are outgoing and definitely not timid or shy than you should have no problem passing the interview.

Interview Question – What did you do when you saw another employee do something wrong.   View Answer

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details Very simple and easy process when applying. Easy and simple questions if you have some semblance of common sense and retail experience. Hiring occurs everyday of every week so its easy to get in if you qualify. Dress for the position and wear the uniform. Very intelligent and honest human resourcesm representatives.

Interview Question – Everything was easy and simple.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Loss Prevention Detective

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in December 2013.

Interview Details First received and email asking to set up and initial phone interview. Once phone interview completed had face to face interview. interview process is the same as other jobs . Except they do ask a lot of questions relating to theft and how you feel about situations.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught someone stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation just accept base or not.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online I don't know when. Received an email to schedule interview online. Scheduled it for Saturday at 11AM. Arrived 30 minutes early. Waited an hour to be interviewed. They had specific interviewers assigned to specific people. My interviewer was late. 1 on 1 interview with a supervisor then another interview with a manager. Hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to help someone personally.

All other questions were pretty simple and based on selling, teamwork, customer interaction (most important).
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8.25 starting pay

Merchandising/Stock Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Merchandising/Stock Associate (Seasonal)
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online about 2 weeks ago, and few days after I applied I was emailed to schedule my appointment, but unfortunate for me the earliest I could get was about a week and a half later. Anyway I did my research, I personally decided to wear all black( slacks, black button up, and the darkest shade of brown boots).

I arrived about 15min early, greeted everyone in sight and sat down waiting. Fast forward to the actual interview, my interview was quite pleasant. The department manager was very understanding that this would be my very first official job(even though i've done tons of voluntary work over the past several years). He also explained to me there were 3 type of positions involved in this particular department, which were merchandising/stocking(replenishment), processing( loading and unloading trucks), and pricing(price tagging,etc). I made it clear to him I was interested in the merchandising/stocking position, after a few more questions and scenarios, he said he would like to hire me. I start orientation/training next monday, I'll be more than happy to provide that experience as well if this review is received well.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time where you had to switch tasks in a quick manner.   View Answer
  • If you saw an employee doing something wrong, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After our conversation, and his series of questions, he offered me the job. He was very considerate into making sure i was interested in the position, and I happily accepted. Also he mentioned that there will be paid training, but minimum wage(in Chicago, thats $8.25), and after training I would be making $8.50 an hour.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!