Macy's

58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Hayward, CA (US)

I interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and received an email for me to schedule my interview date and time (5.30pm). Went to the Macys office 15 mins early and spoke to some kind of a supervisor , it took us 15 mins to finish the interview and go the offer but when I asked the wage :(.

Interview Question – its just basic, common sense and more on for customer service.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – minimum wage..

Fulfillment Associate Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details After applying online, I received an e-mail saying I would be contacted soon. I was then allowed to go into a scheduling program and choose an interview date and time. I then got a confirmation e-mail. Arriving early, I waited in a rather shabby waiting room. And then an HR person came out and brought me into an office. She looked at my resume, asked me questions, left the room for about 5 minutes and then offered me a position.

Interview Question – What is your philosophy of selling?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She made an hourly wage offer, and is accepted.

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Daly City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details To be honest, I haven't been interviewed at this store for the past several years since I have been coming in and out for several years now. However, I remember some of the questions that were asked several years ago.
1) Why do you want to work at Macy's?
2) If you find a problem at work with another co-worker, what would you do?
3) You noticed your co-worker was stealing from the company, what would you do?
4) If you noticed there was a broken elevator and a customer with a wheel chair wants to go up to the next level, what can you do to provide outstanding service?
5) You have a long line during the sale, you have angry customers waiting to be served, what would you do? Would you say something? If so, what?
6) You noticed a customer is acting suspicious, what would you do to prevent theft?

Interview Question – 1) Simple. Just tell them why you want to work at Macys.
2) Talk to your manager or directly talk it out with a co worker and if it doesn't work, discuss this situation with your manager.
3) Let my manager/loss prevention know.
4) Not sure.
5) Thank you for waiting.
6) call LP!
  Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details Initial phone interview then onsite interview that consisted of 3 rounds. The questions were a combination of job specific and behavior. When I left, 10 minutes later, I got a phone call saying that they would like to extend an offer. Quickest turnaround I've ever experienced.

Interview Question – Have you ever had experience using these tools?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The bonus and benefits are almost non-existent. Negotiate for a higher base to cover these limitations.

Coordinator, Marketing Operations Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details HR communication was a breeze. One set of interviews, easy, and casual.

Negotiation Details – Email, simple, and clean.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details Sent in my resume to the recruiter, had a 5 minute phone screening, then came in for on-site interview. Talked to two recruiters for an hour each, then had an hour long written test. The recruiters asked about past work experience and explained the companies environment.

Interview Question – None, mostly basic questions about Java, SQL, Linux commands, and puzzle questions. One of the puzzle questions: you have 8 textbooks. They all weigh the same except one which is heavier. Using a balance scale only twice, find which textbook that weighs the heaviest.   Answer Question

Release Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details Second time interviewing for position. Interview went well, people were nice, 0 feedback or response.

Interview Question – Lots of situational what-ifs; likely related to current issues or system constraints.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Planner
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2010.

Interview Details Must apply online for legal reasons, filter thru survey to be approved for interview process, be patient as it takes a few weeks or more for things to process thru the system

Interview Question – Be prepared to give specific examples of successes and challenges   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A few phone calls between manager and HR

Sales Support Associate Interview

Sales Support Associate
Newark, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details Applied online and was notified to make an appointment for interview. The interviewer asked a few basic questions, then offered me the position. I accepted and was set asked to return in a few days to begin training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to convince someone of an idea you had   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you caught someone doing something unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

Holiday Retail Merchandise Placement Associate Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details Got there early & waited outside amongst 3 other interviewees.
The interviewers called people in by their time & mine was 11oclock. She lead me into a room and asked what position I applied for.
Questions:
How do you work in a group?
Was there a time you had to question someone's integrity?
Name a time when you had a coworker who wasn't supposed to do what they're doing & how did you handle it.

Interview Question – She asked about my availability for the job & it was a shift I could not make.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 58 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.