Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh
- Client Representative (3)
- Client Advisor (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Product Development Intern (1)
- Certificate Specialist (1)
- Risk Management Program (1)
- Proposal/Strategy Manager (1)
- Intern - Excess Casualty (1)
- Summer TRAC Associate (1)
- Internal Sales -entry Level (1)
- TRAC Internship (1)
- Intern (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Cashier (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Risk Management Intern (1)
- Graphic Designer (1)
- PM (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Risk Analyst (1)
- Risk Management Consultant (1)
- Customer Service Specialist I (1)
Client Advisor Interview
I applied online. The process took 12+ months – interviewed at Marsh.
Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.
- What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Marsh
Client Advisor InterviewApplication Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Marsh in July 2011.Interview Details
Internal application. Recommended by my line manager.
Two part interview - panel at first and then a one to one. Skill tests carried out in the panel interview.
Technical Questions relating to unique covers available to clients - comment was made before questions where put to me that the correct answer was not necessarily what was being sought as the covers being queried where specialised - interiewers wanted to see how I would approach a query.
I made it through the panel interview and was selected for 2nd round with one to one interview with section head. I felt this aspect of the interview process was repetitive. With a lot of the information previously advised during the general application and the panel interview being rehashed.
In the one to one interview a query was raised as to why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some) - I felt that this question was unfair as my line manager had recommended me for consideration and an outsider of the firm would not have been in such a position.
I found the internal interview process to be more difficult then a general interview - as I had to remind myself that I had to display my skills as if the interviewing team did not have experience of working with me.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some) View Answer