Marsh

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marsh in January 2012.

Interview Details Interview

Interview Question – What will you do in a situation when facing non believers user in order to convince them ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Workplace unexpected

Very Easy Interview

Graphic Designer Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh in March 2010.

Interview Details I was placed on assignment at Marsh through a local temp agency. Waited a year, as supervisor made the case to develop a permanent position for me. When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. The interview process was very straightforward only because I had worked with both companies (Mercer more sporadically, by way of Marsh) for over a year and had thus proven my worth.

Interview Question – The position was created for me and all of my interviewers seemed to consider me an expert, thus there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. And both offers went up a couple times before I accepted Marsh's.

Client Advisor Interview

Client Advisor

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.

Interview Question – What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Urbandale, IA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details Applied and had an employee referral. I was contacted the next day to set up an in-person HR screening interview. HR representative was very friendly and asked me to explain my resume and describe my understanding of the position/company. Very easy. I was then asked to come in for a 2nd interview a week later with 2 supervisors. Interview was very informal and relaxed. Was asked questions like "Tell me about a time when..." or "How do you like to be supervised." I was contacted 3 weeks later with an offer. Everyone who I worked with was pleasnat and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a negative performance review?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer seemed firm.

Summer Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

Interview Details Submitted application through school's on campus interview site, had an on campus interview, and then moved on to office site interview in San Francisco. After brief orientation had 4 rounds of interviewing with different risk/insurance managers in different practices. Each interview was behavioral only. There were a couple alumni from my university present, but bringing up our shared connection wasn't very helpful as it sometimes is.

Interview Question – What do you to become more confident before situations like interviews?   View Answer

Client Representative Interview

Client Representative
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marsh in February 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process consisted of an initial phone screening, then another screening, then I can in for the interview. The interview was with 3 managing directors from the department I was trying to get in with. They all could not have been nicer. Very conversational, asked simple questions like how would you feel having to do this and are you able to balance lots of different tasks at the same time.

Interview Question – In what conditions do you work your best?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

Interview Details online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Question – How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh in February 2013.

Interview Details The interview went pretty well. No general feedback and was unimpressed when one of their employees was cursing in front of me. If you want to impress students, it is no way to act unprofessional. A company should show professionalism when trying to recruit. I did not see that here as i thought I would.

Interview Question – None really. It was more of a conversation   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details On Campus interview

Interview Question – What new technology is gaining traction in the insurance industry?   View Answer

Client Representative Interview

Client Representative
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marsh in October 2011.

Interview Details I got a phone interveiw first. Basically introduce myself, what my job responsibilities are, salary expectations, those normal easy questions. The HR is very nice, and the phone interview lasted for around 7-8 minutes. Immediately after phone intervew, she sent me an email for an on site. On the day of interview, the HR had me to sit down with two client executive/managers separately. She said they would be my managers in the future if i were offered the job. The female manager is british i think and very nice talking. And male manager is hard to deal with. He sounds like he expects a lot from his surbodinates. He kinda of boasts about him doing great presentations in front of clients like attorney firms, and getting the deal done. I think I was nervous when talking to him, cuz i can feel that he doesn't think i'm a good fit for the position since very begining when he said hello to me. ( I'm Asian.)

The interview lasts for an hour. No difficult questions. Basically talk about what I am doing at work now, how i prioritize things, and how to keep good relations with clients.

At the end i walked out, I know i can't get this offer...Cuz i'm not a aggressive person, not good at presentation those stuff.

Interview Question – no particular difficult questions, i dont remember   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh

Worked for Marsh? Contribute to the Community!

Marsh – Why Work for Us?

Marsh is a world leader in delivering risk and insurance services and solutions to its clients. From its founding in 1871 to the present day, Marsh has provided thought leadership and innovation for clients and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marsh interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Marsh employees and interview candidates.