Marsh Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in February 2013.

The interview went pretty well. No general feedback and was unimpressed when one of their employees was cursing in front of me. If you want to impress students, it is no way to act unprofessional. A company should show professionalism when trying to recruit. I did not see that here as i thought I would.

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh in February 2013.

Hiring process consisted of an initial phone screening, then another screening, then I can in for the interview. The interview was with 3 managing directors from the department I was trying to get in with. They all could not have been nicer. Very conversational, asked simple questions like how would you feel having to do this and are you able to balance lots of different tasks at the same time.

Non-negotiable

Risk Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

1 phone interview
    2 face to face interview
    1 psychometric test

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, though the "real test" is the psychometric test. So could be a deal breaker if you're of great attitude but poor IQ.   Answer Question
    Poor. No room for negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh in June 2012.

The manager was really nice and easy to talk to. it ended up being part time, and i needed full time

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh in May 2012.

What a waste and lack of respect of my time and energy. I was contacted by Marsh and did a phone screen in March. I was told the interviewer was very busy and that they wouldn't have time to interview till May. In early May, interviews were set up, canceled and re-scheduled by Marsh twice - saying the interviewer was busy. Finally booked an interview and the morning of, they made contact 30 minutes before the interview asking to push it from 10a-11a. I agreed and was waiting in the lobby at 11am. Interviewer did not come to collect me till 11:25 and I was done and out of the building by 11:45. Interviewer had little interest in getting to know me and when I asked if they were considering many other candidates, I found out the position was being filled internally. If that was the case, then why waste my time and effort? So completely disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions asked, Interviewer just skimmed my resume and repeated my qualifications and skills back to me.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in December 2011.

Good, thoughtful questions.

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marsh in October 2011.

It was a basic behavioral interview. They asked about my past work experiences and leadership roles in order to get a general idea of how I would perform in the position assigned. They also wanted to see how I handled different situations. No different than any other behavioral interview. I heard back the next day and received an offer. The internship was a less formal internship program as I was the only intern working for my boss, so there was more personal attention.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you failed at achieving your task.   Answer Question

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marsh in October 2011.

I got a phone interveiw first. Basically introduce myself, what my job responsibilities are, salary expectations, those normal easy questions. The HR is very nice, and the phone interview lasted for around 7-8 minutes. Immediately after phone intervew, she sent me an email for an on site. On the day of interview, the HR had me to sit down with two client executive/managers separately. She said they would be my managers in the future if i were offered the job. The female manager is british i think and very nice talking. And male manager is hard to deal with. He sounds like he expects a lot from his surbodinates. He kinda of boasts about him doing great presentations in front of clients like attorney firms, and getting the deal done. I think I was nervous when talking to him, cuz i can feel that he doesn't think i'm a good fit for the position since very begining when he said hello to me. ( I'm Asian.)

The interview lasts for an hour. No difficult questions. Basically talk about what I am doing at work now, how i prioritize things, and how to keep good relations with clients.

At the end i walked out, I know i can't get this offer...Cuz i'm not a aggressive person, not good at presentation those stuff.

Client Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in July 2011.

Internal application. Recommended by my line manager.

Two part interview - panel at first and then a one to one. Skill tests carried out in the panel interview.

Technical Questions relating to unique covers available to clients - comment was made before questions where put to me that the correct answer was not necessarily what was being sought as the covers being queried where specialised - interiewers wanted to see how I would approach a query.

I made it through the panel interview and was selected for 2nd round with one to one interview with section head. I felt this aspect of the interview process was repetitive. With a lot of the information previously advised during the general application and the panel interview being rehashed.

In the one to one interview a query was raised as to why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some) - I felt that this question was unfair as my line manager had recommended me for consideration and an outsider of the firm would not have been in such a position.

I found the internal interview process to be more difficult then a general interview - as I had to remind myself that I had to display my skills as if the interviewing team did not have experience of working with me.

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some)   View Answer

Intern - Excess Casualty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh in January 2011.

Very behavioral. Walk me through your resume - What do you know about insurance?

None