Marsh Interview Questions

Updated 28 Mar 2015
Updated 28 Mar 2015

2.8

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application for the position and was contacted by a recruiter in Kentucky within a week. The recruiter sent a link for a virtual assessment to be completed, as well as scheduled a phone interview for the following week. The assessment and interview both consisted of fairly standard behavioral questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a co-worker and how you resolved the conflict," etc.

Next was a scheduled in-person interview at their offices with two hiring managers. They asked more of the same behavioral questions and went into a few details about the particulars of the position. Was informed within two weeks (via telephone by the recruiter in Kentucky) that I was being offered the position, and informed about start times for training classes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent unpopular decision you made. How was it received? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

The pay is very much on the low side, at a non-negotiable $12.88/hr. This roughly equates to $26,000/yr, which even with benefits is tough to get by on.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews - First round on Campus, and the recruiter hardly asked any questions. Just wanted to see how much you knew about Marsh and how interested you were in the position. Second round was a "superday" of four back to back 30min. interviews on-site with managers and the director of the TRAC program. Questions were mostly fit based, and the interviews were mostly conversations about the job, the company, etc. Pretty standard and straightforward interviews.

Interview Questions

• Hoe do you deal with a difficult teammate? Why Marsh? What do you know about insurance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate for the internship offer

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview that was arranged after I had met representatives at a career fair. The on-campus interview was pretty straight forward and they focused on situations where I experianced challenges or had to adapt. I was then invited to an interview day where i had 3 back to back interviews with different SVP's and directors. The questions were mostly the same from before but they expected more thought out responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a group that did not listen to you and how did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, accept or dont

Client Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Urbandale, IA (US)).

Interview

Applied and had an employee referral. I was contacted the next day to set up an in-person HR screening interview. HR representative was very friendly and asked me to explain my resume and describe my understanding of the position/company. Very easy. I was then asked to come in for a 2nd interview a week later with 2 supervisors. Interview was very informal and relaxed. Was asked questions like "Tell me about a time when..." or "How do you like to be supervised." I was contacted 3 weeks later with an offer. Everyone who I worked with was pleasnat and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a negative performance review?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer seemed firm.

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

Interview

online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Interview

On Campus interview

Interview Questions

• What new technology is gaining traction in the insurance industry?   1 Answer

TRAC Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed in the New York office for a summer internship. They treated me very well and I had a positive experience, despite the long day. I ultimately did not get the internship, but I think it would be a great and rewarding company to work for. It would definitely be a lot of work.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted application through school's on campus interview site, had an on campus interview, and then moved on to office site interview in San Francisco. After brief orientation had 4 rounds of interviewing with different risk/insurance managers in different practices. Each interview was behavioral only. There were a couple alumni from my university present, but bringing up our shared connection wasn't very helpful as it sometimes is.

Interview Questions

• What do you to become more confident before situations like interviews?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview went pretty well. No general feedback and was unimpressed when one of their employees was cursing in front of me. If you want to impress students, it is no way to act unprofessional. A company should show professionalism when trying to recruit. I did not see that here as i thought I would.