Marsh & McLennan Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Interview Details Applied through search firm who provide salary and benefits... never got to interview stage

Interview Question – Why did you leave Marsh (I was rif'ed previously... I was told not for performance reasons)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Global Access Management Analyst Interview

Global Access Management Analyst
Milton Keynes, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2011.

Interview Details I was head hunted for a specific role from a recruitment agency. They advised me their was a 6 mnths contract role at MMC (Milton Keynes Office) which matched my exact skill set. I was called for an interview where I was as honest and upfront as could be, they were not specific on any particular skills in general and advised they were looking for someone who had the same overall experience as myself. I was offered the job the next day, and handed in my notice to my employers at the time. I commenced work with MMC 2 weeks later and regretted accepting the role 3hrs into my initial first training. By the end of the week, I had a phone call from the team leader who is based in Witham, Essex, giving me a grilling for my time keeping and lack of experience on one of the operating systems, bearing in mind the level of experience on this system knowledge was not highlighted in the initial interview! 7 days into the role and whilst still in training, the contract was terminated by MMC. I honest think they have done me a big favour to be honest, as I had already secured myself with interview for future, potential, decent organisations.

Interview Question – None, it was all relatively straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job was actually offered for £1 per hr less than the actual advertised role.

Insurance Broker Interview

Insurance Broker
Wellington (New Zealand)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in October 2010.

Interview Details 2 interviews, one phone, one face to face with HR manager over the telephone. All done quite casually as I was recruited by people I know for that particular role.

Negotiation Details – negotiated my salary based on the fact I had more experience and required less training

Senior Client Representative Interview

Senior Client Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview Details The hiring process can be lengthy but well worth it. I has 3 interviews, one by phone, the second one on one with the department manager and the last was with the department. I have to admit the interview with the department was very insightful as I was able to see the strong bond and relationships between the colleagues

Interview Question – The unexpected questions were why I was leaving a particular company who was very popular for turnover and what my commitment was to the company I was currently interviewing with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company worked with me met many of my requests. They were fair. Officer titles were kept, and salary negotiations went smoothly.

Very Easy Interview

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist Interview

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in June 2012.

Interview Details Online skills testing focuses on English and grammar, Online skills testing focuses on English and grammar, Online skills testing focuses on English and grammar, Online skills testing focuses on English and grammar

Interview Question – Can't think of any difficult questions that I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Processing Specialist Interview

Processing Specialist
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview Details I applied to this position internally. From the time that I applied on their official website to the my interview was almost three months. After the interview, it was another month before they let me know that I had the position. If you are applying externally, the length of time will be about the same; however, you will also have to undergo a very basic background check.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer you the position at a certain pay; take it or leave it.

Insurance Specialist - Metro Casualty Advisory Interview

Insurance Specialist - Metro Casualty Advisory
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details 3 wks. after applying via LinkedIn, received an afternoon e-mail scheduling a next morning phone screening interview. Face-to=face interviews were to begin the following week. Position was in NY, but interviewer was in Kentucky. Standard screening questions including "what kind of salary do you need?" The interviewer said that Marsh never includes salaries in job postings. She also made a remark about the cost of living in NYC, which led me to believe that the $50k-60k salary range that I suggested was too high. In addition, she mentioned, in response to my question, that they had a very large number or candidates. This gave me the impression that were in a position to be extremely selective.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about the insurance industry?   Answer Question
  • If I were to ask your former employer to describe an area where you need to improve, what would he or she say?   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose to apply for a position at Marsh, as opposed to other brokerages?   Answer Question
  • Do you consider yourself someone who likes to work independently or a team player? and why?   Answer Question
  • Rate your proficiency in Microsoft Excel from 1-10. How have you used Excel in the past year? What did you do? Rate your proficiency in .... interviewer went through every item listed under computer skills on my resume.   Answer Question

Placement Specialist Interview

Placement Specialist
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in October 2012.

Interview Details Multiple interviews with numerous collegues. My first interview I met with 8 different people in small groups (2 at a time). Based on my prior industry experience (12+ years) most of the questions were about getting to know me. I was invited back for a second interview with upper management level collegues. Similar to the first interview session as I met them in small groups and was mostly asked about my working style, challenges I've faced in the work environment, etc.

Interview Question – Describe the biggest challenge you faced in your prior job. How did you address and find resolution to the challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is through a 3rd party that Marsh uses for hiring and backround checks. The process was easy as they agreed to the terms I asked for. Conduct a backround check.

Producer Interview

Producer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview Details Very informal interview which puts you at ease, but be careful as it's still an interview! They schedule multiple interviews, the process takes months. You'll meet with at least 3-4 people if they decide you pass the "test'.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of questions about everything, and expect a lot of questions in return.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Interview

Summer TRAC

Interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Interview Details Invited at career fair. I felt pretty good about the first round interview but wan't able to get into onsite.

Interview Question – What if you have a really demanding person on your team?   Answer Question

Worked for Marsh & McLennan Companies? Contribute to the Community!