Marsh & McLennan Companies

Updated 30 Jan 2015
Updated 30 Jan 2015

2.8

Manager Interview

Applied through search firm who provide salary and benefits... never got to interview stage

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave Marsh (I was rif'ed previously... I was told not for performance reasons)   Answer Question

Global Access Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2011.

I was head hunted for a specific role from a recruitment agency. They advised me their was a 6 mnths contract role at MMC (Milton Keynes Office) which matched my exact skill set. I was called for an interview where I was as honest and upfront as could be, they were not specific on any particular skills in general and advised they were looking for someone who had the same overall experience as myself. I was offered the job the next day, and handed in my notice to my employers at the time. I commenced work with MMC 2 weeks later and regretted accepting the role 3hrs into my initial first training. By the end of the week, I had a phone call from the team leader who is based in Witham, Essex, giving me a grilling for my time keeping and lack of experience on one of the operating systems, bearing in mind the level of experience on this system knowledge was not highlighted in the initial interview! 7 days into the role and whilst still in training, the contract was terminated by MMC. I honest think they have done me a big favour to be honest, as I had already secured myself with interview for future, potential, decent organisations.

Interview Questions
    The job was actually offered for £1 per hr less than the actual advertised role.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Process was very professional and MM folks were very well prepared. MM people were cordial and questions were well prepared. One question would lead into the other. Plenty of time for candidate to ask their own questions and provide feedback to the interview team. Group seems very organized and fully explained position, responsibilities and day to day processes and procedures.

Interview Questions
    • How do you refuse to do an assigned task?   View Answer

Senior Client Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Had phone interview, then in person interview with supervisor, then another in person interview with Dept Head, then another interview with HR. Followed up and company decided to hire from within.

Participant Service Representative Interview

I was hired through a temp agency. I met with two interviewers for about 15 minutes and was asked some standard questions about my goals and worth ethic. I was called the same day for a job offer.

Benefit Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Standard questions, not really though provoking. Why are you leaving your current position? What do you like in a manager? What are your strengths and weaknesses?

There wasn't one

Tax Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in July 2014.

Invited me out to the hoboken office which was pretty cool coming from north jersey. Initially was contacted on the phone from their outside HR department which threw me off a little. Interviewed with a manager and another manager both seemed rushed and unhappy to be there due to the busy season.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult tax questions about all kinds of different forms and given my experience I did not know much.   Answer Question

Senior Client Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

The hiring process can be lengthy but well worth it. I has 3 interviews, one by phone, the second one on one with the department manager and the last was with the department. I have to admit the interview with the department was very insightful as I was able to see the strong bond and relationships between the colleagues

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected questions were why I was leaving a particular company who was very popular for turnover and what my commitment was to the company I was currently interviewing with.   Answer Question
    The company worked with me met many of my requests. They were fair. Officer titles were kept, and salary negotiations went smoothly.

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

I applied to this position internally. From the time that I applied on their official website to the my interview was almost three months. After the interview, it was another month before they let me know that I had the position. If you are applying externally, the length of time will be about the same; however, you will also have to undergo a very basic background check.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified for this position.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they offer you the position at a certain pay; take it or leave it.

Producer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Very informal interview which puts you at ease, but be careful as it's still an interview! They schedule multiple interviews, the process takes months. You'll meet with at least 3-4 people if they decide you pass the "test'.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions about everything, and expect a lot of questions in return.   Answer Question