Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Said that my flexibility was great and would call back later in the week, never heard from the manager again. Very odd since I thought I'd at least get an interview

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

It was easy basic interview questions. It was 2 interviews both 1 on 1 before they hire. It took like 2 weeks to get a phone call after i applied and then like another 2 weeks with the interviews. It kinda was a long process.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

When I first came in I called for the manager and was then lead to the side at the back of the store where the manager's offices were at. I sat there with other 1 other person in a white room waiting for the manager to come in. She left and came back with 2 people asking them to take a seat. She asked questions like if we were eligible to work there, etc. Not to many questions really. She then proceeded to hand all of us job applications and to fill them out as honestly as we can. After we were done filling them out, she thanked us and said she will see us on Monday.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I gave in my application to the manager and was told that I look great and he'll call me during the week to schedule and interview, its been a month and he has never called back.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Winston-Salem, NC (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a very quick and informal meeting with two Managers on a Saturday morning. They asked me general questions about my experience and background/schooling. They also indicated they would verify my information with one of my references and that I should report for orientation on following Monday afternoon unless they called me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current job duties. Do you have any experience handling cash?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start all Sales Associates out at $7.50 per hour. This will change June 1st, 2015 to $9.00 per hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Marshalls (Springfield, OH (US)).

Interview

They only do paper applications. Had to drop off at the store in person. No chance to talk to the manager. Got a call for a interview. Went in for the interview. The manager asked a few normal interview questions, but he mostly seemed like he liked to just talk. Very conversational.

Negotiation

Normal interview. Some questions about how my experience lined up to the stores model. Was just a conversational type set up. I said the pay was extremely low and that I was disappointed in that. When they called back to say I got the job they said I got 20 cents more than was originally offered. Still a really low pay rate for my level of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I went into the store and asked one of the supervisors if they were hiring and if I could get an application. I filled it out and brought it back within 20 minutes. I got a call a few MONTHS later (they weren't hiring at the time I gave in the application). The interview was pretty basic (describe what good customer service means to you, define teamwork, etc.) but I got interviewed twice by two different managers, first a man, then a woman. I got a call about three or four days later telling me that I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's just minimum wage, no wiggle room.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I filled in the in store application and was called into an interview later that afternoon for a few days later. It was a group interview where a little was asked about our backgrounds and I was given the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. Very simple customer service type questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied at Marshall's on SnagAJob, got a call back for an interview about a week later. When I showed up 15 minutes early to my interview I discovered that both myself and the lone man waiting at the entrance had interviews scheduled at the same time; I assumed it was a group interview. Well, it turns out the woman scheduling interviews simply made the mistake of double booking the 9:15am time slot, so it ended up being a 1:1 interview for the two of us. The manager interviewed the man waiting and about 5 minutes later the assistant manager came out and apologized to me for the inconvenience and decided to interview me. If you pass the 1st interview you will immediately be given a 2nd interview (with whichever manager didn't give you the first interview). The 1st and 2nd interview were more or less the same but with the different single question. 1st interview question: Why do you want to work at Marshalls? 2nd interview question: Why did you quit working at your previous job? I was informed that if I didn't receive a call by the end of the week, I didn't receive the position. I am still waiting on my call. Overall a very easy, simple experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Marshall's? Why did you quit working at your previous job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in October 2014.

Interview

I saw a table with a sign that said "Now Hiring" and a stack of applications so I grabbed one and filled it out. I handed it to the cashier and she said the manager would be in later and he would call me. He called me the next afternoon to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was very friendly and answered all of my questions. He asked me about my customer service experience and discussed my potential within the company since I have a college degree. I provided him a copy of my resume so he just asked a few questions about the details. I asked him more questions than he asked me. He said I would be a great fit there and I accepted the position at the end of the interview. He said he would call me about a date to start as he had to speak with all three work references that I had provided on my application. The next day, as soon as he had spoken with all of them, we scheduled my employee orientation and I got my work schedule. The process took about 4 days and the interview was really just a smooth conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation- all employees start at the same rate and they are firm about this.