MassMutual

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

Interview was with a subsidy of MassMutual in Atlanta. It went well, relatively simple questions. I only interviewed with one individual. Lasted 40 minutes at most. The office was impressive but I turned down position. Unpaid

unpaid

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

After applying on careerbuilder, I received a call from their recruiter to come in for an interview. He said I seemed like a good fit. Scheduled second interview, met with head agent and director of training and was sent home with a homework assignment to practice contacting friends and family to prospect. I called in to reject offer and was hung up on.

Interview Questions

No base salary. Pay is all commission.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Normal interview questions about why you think you will succeed as a rep. Have to consent to a background check and credit check before being hired.

First exposure was a group setting in which the agency recruiter gave a presentation. From there, I had a one on one interview a week later. I then met the sales manager for an interview and was then offered a position.

No negotiation - 100% commission job

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Found the job through a recruiting agency that presented me to Mass Mutual. This was a contract to perm offer. I had a sequence of two phone interviews that asked about my technical background and experience. They appeared mostly interested in my application experience and less so about my technical background. They hired me over the phone at the end of the second phone call, which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I had experience with hierarchical sales structures. Coincidentally, I had a few experiences with similar agent marketing structures. That might have been what landed the job. There were zero technical questions by the agency or Mass Mutual. This might depend on the department you apply with and their perception of your experience.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview process was broke into two parts . Two face to face interviews, followed by personality tests. Once the tests were taken a Sales Manager contacted myself to discuss this test.

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult part of the interview was filling an excel sheet with 200 people. This would be your market you would contact the first few weeks working for MassMutual   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

The interview process was fairly easy because it is a commission based job. The most interactive part of the interview was when manager asked me to fill out 10 questionnaires by asking people what they think about the financial service industry. I found out that these 10 people I asked to fill out the questionnaires would be my potential clients.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I would have difficulty selling my family life insurance.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions
    • What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Met with 4 different interviewers for a half hour each, no time in between interviews. Low pressure, interviewers were not out to get you. Each had a specified set of questions to ask, mainly about how you would handle a certain problem or situation. They were eager to answer questions and turn it more into a conversation than in interview. Heard back the next morning, was asked about my availability and salary requirements, and then received an offer later the same day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate an employee who did not share your goals or the goals of a project?   Answer Question

Actuarial Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Interviewer was a person who had previously gone through the same actuarial student process. Started off with standard questions about resume, then moved on to behavioral questions and finally on to some technical questions. The setting was fairly informal and friendly. Unfortunately they take a very long time to get back in touch, over 3 weeks before I heard either way

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you resolved a disagreement in a group situation.   Answer Question