MassMutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Career Agent Interview

Career Agent
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

Interview Details Three interviews were required for the position. The expectation was that the applicant was sophisticated enough to wear full business dress, have a sense of social propriety, and be dignified and respectful. Sales and financial planning/advising experience was mandatory, although it wasn't so indicated in print or in the discussion. It quickly became apparent that management was looking for professionalism and good connections within the local community.

Interview Question – "Whom do you know that will aid you in getting a quick start in building your practice?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Employee contract and working agreements were presented and signatures expected without explanation. Copies were promised but not received. When requested, copies were made and delivered.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details Thorough interview process, was interviewed by several senior managers, and was able to get a sense of the organization. Was impressed by principal interviewer who stayed with me the entire time.

Interview Question – What were my career aspirations. This was difficult as I was coming in as a contractor, and felt that I could do each one of their jobs....   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial interview with him. 2nd interview was with two different directors. One was not in a good mood and the interview did not go as well as it could have.

Interview Question – Why MassMutual?   Answer Question

Intern (Assistant) Interview

Intern (Assistant)
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Interview Details Phone interviewed followed with an on-site one, meeting directly with the hiring manager and lasted about 30min before being introduced in great detail of the operations. Mostly behavioral interview about past experience dealing with customers. Expect some training after the hiring process.

Interview Question – What do you see about the current market? Do you have any financial investments?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Interview Details Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Financial Services Intern Interview

Financial Services Intern
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

Interview Details It wasn't a hard interview process. They mainly ask you about your background, work experience, and the skills you can contribute to the team. The financial advisors will use you as much as they could.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be yourself.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details One phone interview, followed by personality test. Once the personality test comes back as a match then another phone interview. If that goes well you meet in person and the offer is made. After background check and a few other little things you're set.

Interview Question – Nothing seemed too difficult, just be yourself and everything will be fine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better Job Offer

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Exploratory for Actuary Role
Springfield, MA (US)

Interview Details very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Question – Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Financial Services Intern Interview

Financial Services Intern
Houston, TX (US)

Interview Details The entire interview process was rather seamless. All of the potential interns attended and information session to see if the opportunity was the right fit for them. Afterward, everyone scheduled his or her interview. Three interviewers chatted with each candidate on a variety of pertinent career topics. Finally, each person had to fill out a personality survey.

Interview Question – Why do you deserve the job?   Answer Question