MassMutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Interview Details Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Financial Services Intern Interview

Financial Services Intern
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

Interview Details It wasn't a hard interview process. They mainly ask you about your background, work experience, and the skills you can contribute to the team. The financial advisors will use you as much as they could.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be yourself.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details One phone interview, followed by personality test. Once the personality test comes back as a match then another phone interview. If that goes well you meet in person and the offer is made. After background check and a few other little things you're set.

Interview Question – Nothing seemed too difficult, just be yourself and everything will be fine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better Job Offer

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Exploratory for Actuary Role
Springfield, MA (US)

Interview Details very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Question – Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Financial Services Intern Interview

Financial Services Intern
Houston, TX (US)

Interview Details The entire interview process was rather seamless. All of the potential interns attended and information session to see if the opportunity was the right fit for them. Afterward, everyone scheduled his or her interview. Three interviewers chatted with each candidate on a variety of pertinent career topics. Finally, each person had to fill out a personality survey.

Interview Question – Why do you deserve the job?   Answer Question

Finance Consultant Interview

Finance Consultant
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2013.

Interview Details Very easy process, pull you in for 4-5 "interviews" to basically string you along until they want to hire you.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

Interview Details There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Question – None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Question – How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward interview. They just want to make sure that you have some desire to sell their products.

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate. Your salary will be dependent on how much you sell.