MassMutual

121 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Auditor Interview

Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Question – I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Orange, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Question – Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Producer Interview

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details 3 interviews. One with recruiter, one with partner, one with general agent.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Interview Details Very lax hiring process, met with one manager who was very friendly there were no behavioral baed questions more of just a conversation getting to know me.

Interview Question – None unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided not interested in selling insurance

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Sales Support Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Question – "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
"Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details I applied for this offer and got a call early the next morning by a recruiter. We set an appointment for an interview 2 days from then. I got a confirmation email and was told as I expected that the dress was business professional and to bring a copy of my resume. I was asked expected questions: who am I, what do I do with my time, explain how you have been successful at customer service, tell about your best accomplishment, etc. I was told that this was just a recruiter meeting and they will have to meet with the hiring manager before going further. I would be hearing back within 2 days. Midday on day 2 I got a call saying that the managers wanted to invite me to the next step which involves a seminar with a group to explain products, compensation, personal stories etc. I have prior engagements that I can't reschedule, and was informed that they don't know when the next opportunity to have the seminar will be.

Interview Question – There wasn't any question that was unexpected   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2011.

Interview Details Very lengthy and detailed

Interview Question – can't think of any specific one just that interview did not really reflect what the job was about   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Sounded too good to be true and local reputation not positive

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Question – First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Director IT
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Interview Question – How will you implement change   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2013.

Interview Details First interview was on campus and was only about 15 minutes asking about myself. The next interview was more of an orientation and they gave a 3 hour presentation on what the company was about. It was informative and after there was a 20 minute interview getting to know me.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions. Such as "why do you want to work for us?"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at MassMutual