MassMutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Consultant Interview

Finance Consultant
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2013.

Interview Details Very easy process, pull you in for 4-5 "interviews" to basically string you along until they want to hire you.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

Interview Details There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Question – None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Question – How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward interview. They just want to make sure that you have some desire to sell their products.

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate. Your salary will be dependent on how much you sell.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Agent Interview

Technical Agent
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

Interview Details You will interview with several key/anchor Agents (high volume brokers) where they will ask you about their current technical issues (printer not working, weird pop-ups, mobile device settings, hard drive replacements). The second round is with a lead tech at the corporate office. After this you will interview with the "General Agent" who is the manager of the entire location (core agency). This is typically over a few days but could be done in one afternoon if they really like you.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. All of the very technical/high availability server/equipment is handled by corporate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I as offered way less than average income, and actually less than my prior income. They knew that I had been unemployed and couldn't decline the low ball offer. Within a few days I found that the prior technical agent made twice what they offered me and left because there was too much work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

Interview Details I first found out about the opening in November 2013. I was given the name of an HR recruiter to call. I began calling the recruiter to inquire about the position and get my name out there. I had tried to apply online, but kept getting system errors. I finally managed to get my online app to go through in December 2013. In January 2014, I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an appointment for skills testing. This involved reading comprehension, math skills, and a customer service simulator. About three weeks after the testing, I received a call to come in for a one on one interview with the recruiter I had been in contact with. The interview was quick - about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about what I know about the company and also various test taking questions since passing the Series 6 exam is required. About a week later, I received another call to come in for a panel interview with the call center directors. It was with two of the directors, and this interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked several questions about previous customer service experience and what I know about the company. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Question – Most unexpected was probably about test taking ability and study habits in college.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Intern Interview

Financial Services Professional Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied via campus recruiting at my school and got an interview after a quick phone screen. Then I had to simply go in and interview. The interviewer was very nice to me. With the nature of the internship being social, the interview reflected that--very conversational. All the questions were standard internship questions. Nothing too crazy. Make sure that you are good at holding a conversation and you should be fine.

Interview Question – There weren't any particularly difficult questions. Typical Strength, weakness question was present. Describe a time you had to multi-task was also one.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Advisor Interview

Advisor
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details A couple of phone conversations and in person conversations

Interview Question – nothing. they will pretty much hire anyone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not an option

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Very easy!

Interview Question – Typical questions for entry level position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts out with the same commissions.

Agent Interview

Agent

I applied online and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter after emailing a resume. I had an initial interview by the recruiter and was offered an second interview by a Vice President. If hired, I would work for that Vice President. The Vice President had me fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is there to weed out people who either have no sales/social bones in their body or are not smart enough to indicate it when that is obviously what the test is seeking to measure.
Following a passing score on the questionnaire, I worked part time for several months and subsequently began working full time.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything is negotiable, even when they say it is not.