MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.5

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Questions
    • None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

I first found out about the opening in November 2013. I was given the name of an HR recruiter to call. I began calling the recruiter to inquire about the position and get my name out there. I had tried to apply online, but kept getting system errors. I finally managed to get my online app to go through in December 2013. In January 2014, I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an appointment for skills testing. This involved reading comprehension, math skills, and a customer service simulator. About three weeks after the testing, I received a call to come in for a one on one interview with the recruiter I had been in contact with. The interview was quick - about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about what I know about the company and also various test taking questions since passing the Series 6 exam is required. About a week later, I received another call to come in for a panel interview with the call center directors. It was with two of the directors, and this interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked several questions about previous customer service experience and what I know about the company. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was probably about test taking ability and study habits in college.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

The interview process was very laid back and easy. The recruiter contacted me from a resume I submitted through a job-seeking website for my college. The interviewing process included 3 interviews that were about an hour long each. This is a sales based position, so the recruiter really just asks behavioral questions. I felt that most of the time was spent with the recruiter trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was in the first interview when he asked me what my questions were right off the bat.   View Answer
    The position is commission based, so there was no negotiation phase.

Technical Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

You will interview with several key/anchor Agents (high volume brokers) where they will ask you about their current technical issues (printer not working, weird pop-ups, mobile device settings, hard drive replacements). The second round is with a lead tech at the corporate office. After this you will interview with the "General Agent" who is the manager of the entire location (core agency). This is typically over a few days but could be done in one afternoon if they really like you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. All of the very technical/high availability server/equipment is handled by corporate.   View Answer
    I as offered way less than average income, and actually less than my prior income. They knew that I had been unemployed and couldn't decline the low ball offer. Within a few days I found that the prior technical agent made twice what they offered me and left because there was too much work.

Agent Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MassMutual.

I was contacted by a recruiter after emailing a resume. I had an initial interview by the recruiter and was offered an second interview by a Vice President. If hired, I would work for that Vice President. The Vice President had me fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is there to weed out people who either have no sales/social bones in their body or are not smart enough to indicate it when that is obviously what the test is seeking to measure.
    Following a passing score on the questionnaire, I worked part time for several months and subsequently began working full time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   View Answer
    Everything is negotiable, even when they say it is not.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Apply. Interview. get a yes or no. Simple

Assistant Vice President Marketing Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at MassMutual.

Know your numbers. Be prepared to show - in metrics fashion - how you achieved objectives.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you when there is the interest we've had?   View Answer
    Salary agreeable

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual.

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.
        Answer Question
    The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

A local agency partner found my resume that I posted on an internet job board and called me. The initial correspondence of a phone call and subsequent text messages were a bit unusual to me (who has no experience in sales). Fresh out of college with my masters, I decided to come in and speak the MassMutual agent. Mostly, the MassMutual agent spoke about how the firm uses the software LEAP and he wants me to sell this product. The agent seemed very excited about this new program (LEAP, which is a multifaceted cash flow manager) and tells me all the great shining things about the products, company, and opportunities (I'd be making a lot of money -- he just didn't say when I would be making that money. Plus, all commission based pay) - rough sledding for a recent college grad with some to pay for a student loan. This informational interview proceeded for about an hour. Overall, I perceived the local agent as a person that is not a greedy insurance peddler, but I only had one meeting. I was offered to start right away.

Interview Questions
    • Very unorthodox meeting (wouldn't even call it an interview). Basically, I was given a brief tutorial about the software and was given tutorial of the agency philosophy. Then, I was asked my thoughts and what did I expect.   Answer Question

As a graduate student, I had only been out on the market for two weeks, and I was hesitant to take a commission based salary.

Financial Services Professional Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

I applied via campus recruiting at my school and got an interview after a quick phone screen. Then I had to simply go in and interview. The interviewer was very nice to me. With the nature of the internship being social, the interview reflected that--very conversational. All the questions were standard internship questions. Nothing too crazy. Make sure that you are good at holding a conversation and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult questions. Typical Strength, weakness question was present. Describe a time you had to multi-task was also one.   Answer Question