MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

One phone interview, followed by personality test. Once the personality test comes back as a match then another phone interview. If that goes well you meet in person and the offer is made. After background check and a few other little things you're set.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing seemed too difficult, just be yourself and everything will be fine.   Answer Question

Better Job Offer

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Questions
    • Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer
    Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Financial Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The entire interview process was rather seamless. All of the potential interns attended and information session to see if the opportunity was the right fit for them. Afterward, everyone scheduled his or her interview. Three interviewers chatted with each candidate on a variety of pertinent career topics. Finally, each person had to fill out a personality survey.

Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2013.

Very easy process, pull you in for 4-5 "interviews" to basically string you along until they want to hire you.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Questions
    • None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual.

A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Pretty straight forward interview. They just want to make sure that you have some desire to sell their products.

Not much to negotiate. Your salary will be dependent on how much you sell.

Technical Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

You will interview with several key/anchor Agents (high volume brokers) where they will ask you about their current technical issues (printer not working, weird pop-ups, mobile device settings, hard drive replacements). The second round is with a lead tech at the corporate office. After this you will interview with the "General Agent" who is the manager of the entire location (core agency). This is typically over a few days but could be done in one afternoon if they really like you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. All of the very technical/high availability server/equipment is handled by corporate.   View Answer
    I as offered way less than average income, and actually less than my prior income. They knew that I had been unemployed and couldn't decline the low ball offer. Within a few days I found that the prior technical agent made twice what they offered me and left because there was too much work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

I first found out about the opening in November 2013. I was given the name of an HR recruiter to call. I began calling the recruiter to inquire about the position and get my name out there. I had tried to apply online, but kept getting system errors. I finally managed to get my online app to go through in December 2013. In January 2014, I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an appointment for skills testing. This involved reading comprehension, math skills, and a customer service simulator. About three weeks after the testing, I received a call to come in for a one on one interview with the recruiter I had been in contact with. The interview was quick - about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about what I know about the company and also various test taking questions since passing the Series 6 exam is required. About a week later, I received another call to come in for a panel interview with the call center directors. It was with two of the directors, and this interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked several questions about previous customer service experience and what I know about the company. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was probably about test taking ability and study habits in college.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

I applied via campus recruiting at my school and got an interview after a quick phone screen. Then I had to simply go in and interview. The interviewer was very nice to me. With the nature of the internship being social, the interview reflected that--very conversational. All the questions were standard internship questions. Nothing too crazy. Make sure that you are good at holding a conversation and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult questions. Typical Strength, weakness question was present. Describe a time you had to multi-task was also one.   Answer Question