MassMutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied through another source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

Interview Details A local agency partner found my resume that I posted on an internet job board and called me. The initial correspondence of a phone call and subsequent text messages were a bit unusual to me (who has no experience in sales). Fresh out of college with my masters, I decided to come in and speak the MassMutual agent. Mostly, the MassMutual agent spoke about how the firm uses the software LEAP and he wants me to sell this product. The agent seemed very excited about this new program (LEAP, which is a multifaceted cash flow manager) and tells me all the great shining things about the products, company, and opportunities (I'd be making a lot of money -- he just didn't say when I would be making that money. Plus, all commission based pay) - rough sledding for a recent college grad with some to pay for a student loan. This informational interview proceeded for about an hour. Overall, I perceived the local agent as a person that is not a greedy insurance peddler, but I only had one meeting. I was offered to start right away.

Interview Question – Very unorthodox meeting (wouldn't even call it an interview). Basically, I was given a brief tutorial about the software and was given tutorial of the agency philosophy. Then, I was asked my thoughts and what did I expect.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – As a graduate student, I had only been out on the market for two weeks, and I was hesitant to take a commission based salary.

Assistant Vice President Marketing Interview

Assistant Vice President Marketing

I applied through another source and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Know your numbers. Be prepared to show - in metrics fashion - how you achieved objectives.

Interview Question – Why should I choose you when there is the interest we've had?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary agreeable

Audit Consultant Interview

Audit Consultant
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Question – Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Agent Interview

Agent
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2012.

Interview Details Interview process was great. The manager was kind and helpful in explaining the job description, potential to grow, all the pros and cons about the job. They also have you take a test on your personality to see if you would do well on the job. I think this might be helpful in some cases but not in all cases since people are all different and no test can give an accurate review of one's potential to success in a given job.

Interview Question – How much do you need to make per year starting this year if you were to start working for us? What are you looking for in life?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Rockford, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Interview Details A four step process is standard. It includes a phone screening, an online screening, an 2/3 in person interviews. During the in person interviews you will most likely speak with a sales manager and somebody higher up in the company. I really enjoyed interviewing for them, because they do ask uncomfortable questions or some that might be seen as personal, and that is what makes for an interesting interview.

Interview Question – What is your definition of success, because having a unique answer matters.   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Senior Auditor
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Question – I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Orange, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Question – Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Producer Interview

Producer

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details 3 interviews. One with recruiter, one with partner, one with general agent.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Interview Details Very lax hiring process, met with one manager who was very friendly there were no behavioral baed questions more of just a conversation getting to know me.

Interview Question – None unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided not interested in selling insurance

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Sales Support Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Question – "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
"Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.