MassMutual

Updated 14 Nov 2014

2.6

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual in March 2014.

Very straightforward relaxed interview. They really just ask if you have any questions. They will give you the job, they want someone who has connections and doesn't mind not getting paid for a few months while they develop their network.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

A couple of phone conversations and in person conversations

not an option

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MassMutual.

Very easy!

Interview Questions
    Everyone starts out with the same commissions.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Questions
    • None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

I first found out about the opening in November 2013. I was given the name of an HR recruiter to call. I began calling the recruiter to inquire about the position and get my name out there. I had tried to apply online, but kept getting system errors. I finally managed to get my online app to go through in December 2013. In January 2014, I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an appointment for skills testing. This involved reading comprehension, math skills, and a customer service simulator. About three weeks after the testing, I received a call to come in for a one on one interview with the recruiter I had been in contact with. The interview was quick - about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about what I know about the company and also various test taking questions since passing the Series 6 exam is required. About a week later, I received another call to come in for a panel interview with the call center directors. It was with two of the directors, and this interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked several questions about previous customer service experience and what I know about the company. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was probably about test taking ability and study habits in college.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

The interview process was very laid back and easy. The recruiter contacted me from a resume I submitted through a job-seeking website for my college. The interviewing process included 3 interviews that were about an hour long each. This is a sales based position, so the recruiter really just asks behavioral questions. I felt that most of the time was spent with the recruiter trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was in the first interview when he asked me what my questions were right off the bat.   View Answer
    The position is commission based, so there was no negotiation phase.

Technical Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

You will interview with several key/anchor Agents (high volume brokers) where they will ask you about their current technical issues (printer not working, weird pop-ups, mobile device settings, hard drive replacements). The second round is with a lead tech at the corporate office. After this you will interview with the "General Agent" who is the manager of the entire location (core agency). This is typically over a few days but could be done in one afternoon if they really like you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. All of the very technical/high availability server/equipment is handled by corporate.   View Answer
    I as offered way less than average income, and actually less than my prior income. They knew that I had been unemployed and couldn't decline the low ball offer. Within a few days I found that the prior technical agent made twice what they offered me and left because there was too much work.

Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MassMutual.

I was contacted by a recruiter after emailing a resume. I had an initial interview by the recruiter and was offered an second interview by a Vice President. If hired, I would work for that Vice President. The Vice President had me fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is there to weed out people who either have no sales/social bones in their body or are not smart enough to indicate it when that is obviously what the test is seeking to measure.
    Following a passing score on the questionnaire, I worked part time for several months and subsequently began working full time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   View Answer
    Everything is negotiable, even when they say it is not.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Apply. Interview. get a yes or no. Simple

Assistant Vice President Marketing Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at MassMutual.

Know your numbers. Be prepared to show - in metrics fashion - how you achieved objectives.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you when there is the interest we've had?   View Answer
    Salary agreeable