Maxim Healthcare Services

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in June 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was fairly straightforward. I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview, then brought in for 3 more interviews – 2 were with the accounts manager, and the last one was with the Area VP.

Interview Question – What would you do if clients became angry with you?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview Details 3 Step Interview process. First day is a basic interview. The second day is an interview with someone even higher up. The third day is a couple of hours servicing skills. This day is just making phone calls to potential workers to schedule interviews.

Interview Question – Situational Questions like "What has been the toughest moment that you have had to overcome this year?"   Answer Question

Newport News, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in May 2014.

Interview Details My hiring and interview process is ridiculously long and drawn out. I began my journey with a phone call from the regional recruiter (I believe). He just gave me a rundown of some of the job responsiblities and duties, as well as company history. This call took about an hour and a half.

The next week I received a call from the local office manager to inform me he would like to schedule me for an interview. I came in later that week for my initial interview, which took about 2-3 hours. The office manager came in and spoke to me about all the info I went over with the regional recruiter. Then he asked me about 3 pages worth of typed questions.

The following week, I came in for what they called a pit sit. Its pretty much just shadowing current employees and seeing their day to day experience. I meet all the employees in the office, they came in to introduce themselves and ask questions. Later I took phone calls as if I was an employee. My first call turned out to be a "prank", it was just an office member pretending to be a nurse looking for work. I handled it well, as anyone who is capable of working there should be able to do. This took about half of a work day.

The next week, the office manager called me up to write him a letter stating why I feel I should get the job. Now Im playing the waiting game. I called back to check on the status of the process and was I told they were still reviewing applicants for the position.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just the number of questions was overkill. In my opinion..   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in April 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview, questions about your personal life/experiences and how they relate. Asked questions about position. Primarily, focus on your resume so you can always relate back to it. If you find yourself stumped on a question, just recite your previous duties from your other experiences.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was, why do you think this company would be a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in April 2014.

Interview Details Pretty straightforward. 3 interview process, 2 of which were over the phone. The last one is a "pit sit" which is basically your introduction to the office and your future colleagues

Interview Question – none...My accounts manager believed in a more genuine approach to the process   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview Details Simple. They question how you handle stress and how you handle problems. They don't really tell you what's coming at you until you signed. You interview with the DBO then get invited to do a pit sit if you sit well with the office. After the pit sit it is decided if you get an interview with the Area VP. If they say yes then you are good.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview Details Regional and local office managers/Recruiters- clearly don't take the time the bring each other up to date on the progress and conversations had with potential candidates. They tell you the same thing multiple times. I would expect to hear it again when I speak with the office manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about your recent experience.   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in February 2012.

Interview Details Phone Interview. Basic questions.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's an entry level job, in the sense that anyone who enters their information will get hired.

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview process took about 2-3 weeks. At first I was contacted by a "in-house" recruiter. She conducted an over the phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. After which she offered to set up an interview with the local branch manager and went over the salary and benefits package. The next week I went in for my face to face interview which went well. Everyone in the office was friendly, the interview itself was less intimidating than I had expected. The interview lasted about an hour long. The manager scheduled me for a "pit sit" the next week which lasted about 3 hours. At the end of the "pit sit" I filled out personal information for them to run a background check. The manager scheduled a time for me to have an over the phone interview with the VP of the region the next day. After that interview I was called back by the branch manager telling me everything was going well, that they were just waiting for the background check to come back. Once it did they offered me the job!

Interview Question – Explain a time in which you had to take responsibility for someone else's mistake, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview with the Corporate Recruiter a general phone screening. Then forwards your resume to Account Manager Direct Boss if he like your resume . You come in for a one and one with him. Basic interview questions and a few situation questions. About leadership and time managed someone etc not too hard. Then you do a pit sit which is great you do spend a lot time at work I did mine same day or they may tell you come back another day to do it. They are more concerned that you will fit in with the office. After that a phone in area vp . The background check is extensive take about 6 business days

Interview Question – situation based questions just make sure you come prepared and you will be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is none 40k with 5k bonus. You do work 10 hour day 50 hours a week. Wish salary more but i want get into corporate recruiting so you have start from the bottom and work your way up. So i can't be mad

Worked for Maxim Healthcare Services? Contribute to the Community!