Mayo Clinic

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

3.2

Research Technologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

The hiring process seems to be a little different depending on the needs of the lab. Over all it is a fairly standard interview process in which they ask behavioral interview questions, followed up with talking about the science of the lab.

Interview Questions
    • Some times in research we deal with difficult (egotistical) people. Tell me how you deal with these people.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interviewed, had a tour, then a panel interview - followed by a test - test was tricky questions that you had to really pay attention to detail and had same question just reworded

Interview Questions

Wasn't what i was looking for

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

One interview. I was contacted months before the interview from someone who had heard about me. I was notified every step of the way until I was interviewed. The panel consisted of four individuals. They all had good intentions and seemed very nice--not at all like who they turned out to be in the months following the interview. My supervisor said that he encouraged employees to move on to another position within a couple of years. That was one of the deciding factors into accepting the job offer. His opinion hasn't changed.

Interview Questions
    I felt comfortable negotiating, but there was no room for negotiation at the time of the offer.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in November 2014.

I have been employed at Mayo for over 1 year there if definitely room for growth. I applied for the fin rep position and was called a QK later for an interview the next day. I sent a follow up email for the panel I interviewed for and was offered the position the next day

No negotiation I was offer a good Salary

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

I was immediately contacted for an interview with an option for Skype or onsite visit. I was assured reimbursement for it as well. The recruiter was from my university itself so it was a kind of comfort relating to him. I am looking forward to get an offer from them.

Ophthalmic Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Process was a phone interview with a general HR rep within the company. A few days later I was contacted to schedule an interview in person with a panel of people from the department I was applying to. This was an after-hours round table with 4 interviewers and myself present. Questions mainly revolved around experience and attitudes towards patient care.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of interviejob-spcw was being interviewed by people who work in the same field as myself but, then also with some who did not. I found myself sometimes answering the same question twice due to usage of job-specific language.   Answer Question
    Wages for positions are set by board members and are non-negotiable for my postion.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

You will get an email inviting you to interview with the hiring manage and a small panel for a behavioral interview. The choices will probably be out 2-3 weeks pending on the the need for the position to be filled.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interviews are very difficult and frustrating, you need to have very specific examples for each question asked. Remember to use "I did", or "it was my idea". You dont want to use we or our team, the team wants to know why you did or how you handled a situation.   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2014.

About one week after applying online for the position I received an email to set up a phone interview. I interviewed on the phone later that week with the lab supervisor and got the job offer the very next day. I was pretty surprised that there was no follow-up interview in person, but at the same time I was extremely happy the whole process went so fast.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions for a lab position, former experience, how I keep my days organized with multiple projects, etc.   Answer Question

Pca Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2014.

Called by HR 1 week after applying Set up two interviews. First one was with HR and was your standard behavioral interview. Next interview was with the hiring manager in the department you applied for. Same type of interview only included a tour and introduction to staff.

No Negotiations.

Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Typically there will be a panel interview, and then if selected for follow-on, a series of interviews with other managers, administrators and individuals you'll be working with/for. Can be a very long day, or two separate visits. Sometimes a one-on-one first, then a panel, then the additional one-on-ones. In Public Affairs/Communications you will have at least two supervisors due to it being a matrixed organization. Likely you may have several 'clients,' within your area of responsibility.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview, pretty typical questions. Absolutely must understand the underlying philosophy of Mayo Clinic "The Needs of the Patient Come First," and must be able to show connection to your values.   Answer Question
    Lower offer than I was interested in, mentioned my master's degree and requested reconsideration, increased offer was satisfactory.