McAfee

141 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Question – I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer
Aylesbury, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

Interview Details After talking to the recruiter, and going through the usual "skills checklist" and "small talk" (personality assessment?), a phone interview (by the hiring manager) was conducted. The interview was mainly technical.

After that, a series of interviews was booked (all during the course of one day). First, there was a C++ test (to be solved by developing software on a stand-alone computer), followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager (of a technical background), then a 1:1 with the director for the division (the hiring manager's manager).

Interview Question – Can't quite remember. Everything was reasonable for the technical level they were hiring for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As I already had an offer from another company at the time of the interviews, McAfee moved forward quite quickly, and made an offer on the next day, quoting they weren't interested in a "bidding war" with the other company.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

Interview Details First a phone interview with an internal recruiter regarding my CV and my motivations. After this, an interview in their office with a senior manager. He explained the job and the company and then he checked the CV and asked about me, my technical skills and my strengths in the sale field. The senior manager was very kind to me and professional, I felt at ease with him. I thought it was a good work environment, I am really excited about this position and I hope to get an offer. I'm waiting for their feedback.

Interview Question – No particular technical question.   Answer Question

Partner Operations Manager Interview

Partner Operations Manager

I applied online - interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

Interview Details 2-3 weeks after initial phone screening with the recruiter a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager (Director) but she could not make it at the last minute & I was interviewed by her senior manager. After that 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview with 4 team members and the Director(hiring manager) of the team.

Surprisingly, I was called in for a particular role but the recruiter had informed the interviewers about a different role. Some serious mismatch happened but I was told both roles were still open which I doubted. I spent 2.5hrs at their office interviewing

After which I did not hear anything for a month. I was not expecting much & my interest level was low but as a courtesy I was expecting a closing considering I went to their office and spent 2-3 hours. So I sent a note to the recruiter to check the status and was told they are proceeding with another candidate.

The whole process, communication and closing out candidates looked very disjointed. Maybe the recruiters are overworked or just do not have a process to track which candidate is being sent for which role.

Interview Question – Map out the process for launching new features in an existing product and getting buy in from Eng..   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online but called for a different postion. But bad experirnce.Two times the hiring manager missed the phone call. and twice rescheduled on site interview at the last minute.

Interview Question – Very good Interview. Only questions pertaining to the job .   View Answer

Senior Development Manager Interview

Senior Development Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Interview Details Multiple rounds of phone interviews from Sr. leadership team from India and US followed by a face to face interview by a panel of hiring manager and other sr leadership. Overall interview process was done quickly post this final offer took too long...

Interview Question – Nothing specific. Mostly tried to see the fitment to the specific role.   Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

Lead Development Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

Interview Details First interview: with the HR: Usuallu goes well, with casual questions about why you want to work there, what experiences you've had in sales and marketing, what skills do you have, any success you'd like to talk about...
Second interview: with the manager: A bit more technical, about what your aspirations are, how you react to failures, skills...
Third interview: Face to face with the manager

Interview Question – There were fairly okay questions, no tricky ones.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in May 2011.

Interview Details written n oral things, telephone calls. post that there was a face to face interview related to analytical and soft skills.
at the end of the day you should be done with less hassles. Interviewers are patient and the HR also interacts very well

Interview Question – not much   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wfh not available

Tier I Support Technician Interview

Tier I Support Technician
Plano, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in May 2014.

Interview Details They literally walked me into a dark room with four lights. I wish I were making that up.

The chair they had me sit in was half-broken so I couldn't lean back in it, and the three of them (two junior techs and an older senior tech or shift manager) took turns questioning me and posing extremely vague situations.

One that I remember was "You deploy an update to Windows for 100 workstations over the weekend starting on Friday, Sunday you checked to see how it went and noticed 1 workstation didn't get the patch, what do you do?"

That question had so much information missing that literally all I could say was "without any more information, I'd need to determine what made that one workstation different. Did the user shut it down before they left for the weekend? Did their office lose power? Is that machine even on the Active Directory OU?"

After several such questions they said they needed to step out into the hall to confer and to sit tight.

Another 15 minutes passes and a fourth guy who I'd never seen before walked in, introduced himself by first and last name (but not job title/responsibility, so I had no clue what he did, but evidently he was the final decisionmaker regarding hire/no hire), and then sat down to spend about 30 more minutes finding several different ways to express the importance of being on time.

I was 45 minutes early to the interview, and I'm a veteran. You guys have no idea what on time means. Seriously. :|

And here this guy is treating me, a 29 year old vet with plenty of tech experience, like I'm applying for a job at McDonald's.

Of course I smiled and nodded but inside I was thinking: are you freaking kidding me?

Afterwards, they said they'd be in touch and we shook hands, I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of there.

Interview Question – Lots of grilling on individual port numbers and the OSI model. Does anybody remember that stuff by heart without having to consult a reference? Anyone? Bueller?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McAfee in February 2010.

Interview Details Process was long and painful, stops and starts, which took about 2 months. After initial phone interview, went back 3 times to meet with numerous individuals. One interview cancelled the morning of but I still had to meet with another individual so consequently had to return another time.

Interview Question – How will you make an impact in your first 90 days. Good question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short as they raised the salary req based on my experience from what they had originally stated

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!