McAfee

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process usually consist of 3 technical rounds followed by a discussion with Manager/HR on compensation and a final discussion with the director. The second round is a code test round where candidates are supposed to solve coding challenges.

Interview Question – All questions were straightforward.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Question – What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2013.

Interview Details One telephonic and one F2F

Interview Question – Basics of Core Java and small tricky programs on arrays   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

Interview Details There were several rounds of interview, and I was asked about my salary information by the person who interviewed me first. Later on, I realised that he wasn't ask about my salary.

However, every other round that I went through was highly professional, and the HR team was also very helpful and friendly.

The first day was smooth, and I felt very welcome.

Interview Question – They needed me to justify why I'd like to quit my current job, and I felt that this was somewhat tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. They were very rigid on what they wanted to offer.

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in November 2012.

Interview Details Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
No reply after that from the hiring team.

Interview Question – All about job experiences   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in August 2011.

Interview Details the written test is arranged by e-litmus for which u might find sample questions on internet.
their were 60 questions in 2hr 30 mins(20-quant,20 logical,20-english).Quant was very tough equal to CAT level.
So even attempting 5 correctly will qualify u for next round.. i would suggest to start with logical then english then quant.
Before this e-litmus test their was a technical objective test with 20 questions in 30 minutes which is
failrly simple.(general question on OS/give C program output etc.)
Interviews they were mainly checking ur design capabilities. They asked me to design classes for Minesweeper and asked to write code for checking malicious code in e-mail.
All the Best

Interview Question – design classes for Minesweeper   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in November 2009.

Interview Details It is tough interview

Interview Question – Which is running faster by using for loop or while loop with 1,000,000 cycle   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in September 2010.

Interview Details Interview usually consists of 3 technical rounds and is later accompanied by a managerial round and a HR round. First round was taken by couple of guys who sounded more like technical managers than developers. They had a set of questions and asked them one by one. Second round was more of a skills round where you need to demonstrate your understanding of the technology by coding in a development environment with no Internet access. Again questions asked were basic to medium level. Lastly there was another technical round which was taken by an architect and was pretty straightforward! Overall I felt the interview process was smooth and sounded more of a technical discussion.

Interview Question – Can you implement observer pattern in OO javascript using an interface?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – McAfee offered a salary which met my expectations. If you have another offer on hand then its always an advantage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!

McAfee Videos

McAfee – Why Work for Us?

At McAfee, we’re obsessed about keeping the world safe from the dangers in the digital world. Focused on innovation and cutting-edge research, we look for smart, committed people to help us defend the world against the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McAfee Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by McAfee employees and interview candidates.