McDonald's

Average Difficulty
814 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leeds, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for a role on a Monday and received an email on the Wednesday of the same week about choosing a time for an interview and OJE. I choose my interview time which was for the following Tuesday (yesterday) at 12:30pm. I then got an email at 5:45pm on the same day saying I had passed me interview and OJE and they would like me to attend a welcome meeting. I received a few more emails about their website and other stuff.

It was my first interview so I was nervous. I did feel a little under pressure at first but the manager was nice and understanding. After my interview I went to do my OJE, I had a little tour of the restaraunt and what clothes are for which, where the bins go and other stuff. During my OJE I wiped down the tables, helped customers clear away their trays and interacted with some of the customers.

(Remember to smile)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There hasn't been a negotiation but as far as I'm aware the wages start of at the minimum

Sheffield, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2012.

Interview Details Filled out the online application form and then received a phone call asking for an interview. Interview was pretty basic, usual questions asked, i.e ones on team working, other work experience, hobbies, then got a phone call about a week later offering me the job

Interview Question – Explain when you have dealt with a difficult customer, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Bolton, England

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

Interview Details The inital interview was friendly, i liked the lady who inteviewed me. i found the process very relaxed and calm. I did not feel too much pressure.we then had a group meeting off all the successful apllicants to recieve uniforms and information about using the crews mcdonnalds websights were things can be baught cheaper and discounted. I felt i met nice and friendly crew trainers and members who all ready worked at mcdonalds.

Interview Question – i did not have a difficult question, i think most of the aswers were just using common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Leicester, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied online for the role, and had an email a couple of weeks later to book a time online. I booked the time and arrived around 20 mins early for the interview. The interview was in the restaurant and as it was a minimum paying job, the questions were quite easy. The good thing is they cater to young people working there so understand school times which you can't work. I would say the interview lasted around 30 minutes, and then I had to put on a jacket and hat and hand drinks to the people on drive through, as a test run. It was really easy and I just asked the customer if they needed any sauces which helped. After about 5 minutes of that, the interview was over.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to help an angry customer - difficult for me as this was my first job and I think would be most people's.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate the wage, however the shifts are able to change around.

Very Easy Interview

Crew Trainer Interview

Crew Trainer
Aylesbury, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2010.

Interview Details The first step is to fill out an online form, this included: personal details as well as a character/ job suitability assessment. Questions are asked about various scenarios you might have to deal with in a restaurant and how you would respond. Following this you are called for an interview.

Interview Question – A customer does .... how would you respond   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy, I was able to start when it suited me

Very Easy Interview

McDonalds Crew Trainer Interview

McDonalds Crew Trainer
Bournemouth, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2011.

Interview Details you go online to the website, you get an email, they bring you in for interview, you get the job, you walk around needlessly all day on your first day, they probably dont know youre coming for your first day

Interview Question – not a question, but you would be asked to walk around the lobby and tend to customers in the best way you possibly could.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nope

Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2014.

Interview Details the interview lasted less than ten minutes & I didn't get an oje. the interviewer didn't seem too care very much about the interview or my answers. at one point she laughed at my answer which I though was pretty good. glad now I didn't get offered the job, wouldn't want to work for her

Interview Question – my details
when I could work
my sizes
why do you want this job
what attracted you to mcd's
time you worked carefully
time you looked after someone that was difficult
part if a team
  Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Trainee Interview

Restaurant Manager Trainee
Manchester, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Interview Details Don't just list your skills, give examples of when you have used them. Be confident, ask relevant questions and show an interest. If like me you have experience of working in fast food then prove you can adapt to this environment by giving examples of excellent customer service you have given, working under pressure, reaching targets (personal or business) etc. The interview itself is quite difficult but I enjoyed it as it moved me out of my comfort zone. The recruitment process is incredible and very efficent. I have to give McDonalds 10/10 for that.

Interview Question – Would you bend the rules?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Research the company as much as possible, you should already have a god grasp of the business by this stage anyway having nw dne an OJE.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details Offered an assessment centre 3 months after applying.

Interview Question – Just the usual   Answer Question

Crew Trainer Interview

Crew Trainer

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details Online application submission, followed by a phone call for an interview. The interview is held in the respective store, and allows the employee to understand a bit about yourself, your work history, and current background in education, goals, and ambitions. Emphasis placed on customer-facing scenarios.

Interview Question – None come to mind, pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!