McDonald's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
855 interviews

1.8

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

Everything was fine and relaxed until they asked me what hours I could do towards the end - I said 8am until 6pm as that was the first and last bus. They said I was lying, and wouldn't believe me that I was telling the truth. They also didn't seem to like that I went to a grammar school sixth form as that meant I wouldn't be allowed to work after sixth form. Clearly didn't read my application form as this was already down on it. Interviewer seemed intimidated and said if I didn't get the job it'd be due to my 'funny hours'. They also quizzed me about uni courses id looked at, and then seemed to think I was a bit up myself and that 'I had everything planned out'. Then they asked me completely irrelevant questions to the job to do with going into business after university. To put this in context, I'm 16.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

Thorough application process, structured interview. Met the area manager three times along with a number of different store managers and one senior director. Nice people, good questions - got the feeling they were interested in my skills, , experience academics and as a person. Each round took between 1- 2 hours. Followed up with referees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

I applied for a role on a Monday and received an email on the Wednesday of the same week about choosing a time for an interview and OJE. I choose my interview time which was for the following Tuesday (yesterday) at 12:30pm. I then got an email at 5:45pm on the same day saying I had passed me interview and OJE and they would like me to attend a welcome meeting. I received a few more emails about their website and other stuff.

It was my first interview so I was nervous. I did feel a little under pressure at first but the manager was nice and understanding. After my interview I went to do my OJE, I had a little tour of the restaraunt and what clothes are for which, where the bins go and other stuff. During my OJE I wiped down the tables, helped customers clear away their trays and interacted with some of the customers.

(Remember to smile)

Interview Questions
    • What does respect mean to you?   View Answer
    • What kind of service is better? Fast or friendly?   View Answer
    There hasn't been a negotiation but as far as I'm aware the wages start of at the minimum

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sheffield, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2012.

Filled out the online application form and then received a phone call asking for an interview. Interview was pretty basic, usual questions asked, i.e ones on team working, other work experience, hobbies, then got a phone call about a week later offering me the job

Interview Questions
    • Explain when you have dealt with a difficult customer, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bolton, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

The inital interview was friendly, i liked the lady who inteviewed me. i found the process very relaxed and calm. I did not feel too much pressure.we then had a group meeting off all the successful apllicants to recieve uniforms and information about using the crews mcdonnalds websights were things can be baught cheaper and discounted. I felt i met nice and friendly crew trainers and members who all ready worked at mcdonalds.

Interview Questions
    • i did not have a difficult question, i think most of the aswers were just using common sense.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2013.

I applied online for the role, and had an email a couple of weeks later to book a time online. I booked the time and arrived around 20 mins early for the interview. The interview was in the restaurant and as it was a minimum paying job, the questions were quite easy. The good thing is they cater to young people working there so understand school times which you can't work. I would say the interview lasted around 30 minutes, and then I had to put on a jacket and hat and hand drinks to the people on drive through, as a test run. It was really easy and I just asked the customer if they needed any sauces which helped. After about 5 minutes of that, the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to help an angry customer - difficult for me as this was my first job and I think would be most people's.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate the wage, however the shifts are able to change around.

Crew Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aylesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2010.

The first step is to fill out an online form, this included: personal details as well as a character/ job suitability assessment. Questions are asked about various scenarios you might have to deal with in a restaurant and how you would respond. Following this you are called for an interview.

Interview Questions
    easy, I was able to start when it suited me

McDonalds Crew Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bournemouth, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2011.

you go online to the website, you get an email, they bring you in for interview, you get the job, you walk around needlessly all day on your first day, they probably dont know youre coming for your first day

Interview Questions
    • not a question, but you would be asked to walk around the lobby and tend to customers in the best way you possibly could.   View Answer
    nope

Anonymous Employee  in  Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2014.

the interview lasted less than ten minutes & I didn't get an oje. the interviewer didn't seem too care very much about the interview or my answers. at one point she laughed at my answer which I though was pretty good. glad now I didn't get offered the job, wouldn't want to work for her

Interview Questions
    • my details
      when I could work
      my sizes
      why do you want this job
      what attracted you to mcd's
      time you worked carefully
      time you looked after someone that was difficult
      part if a team
        Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Don't just list your skills, give examples of when you have used them. Be confident, ask relevant questions and show an interest. If like me you have experience of working in fast food then prove you can adapt to this environment by giving examples of excellent customer service you have given, working under pressure, reaching targets (personal or business) etc. The interview itself is quite difficult but I enjoyed it as it moved me out of my comfort zone. The recruitment process is incredible and very efficent. I have to give McDonalds 10/10 for that.

Interview Questions
    Research the company as much as possible, you should already have a god grasp of the business by this stage anyway having nw dne an OJE.

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!