McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
1,126 Interview Reviews

1.8

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Braintree, England) in April 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to have an OJE (on Job Evaluation) but as it was half term he lt me off as I would have had too much to do or too little. He took me into the office, asked me a few questions and then filled out a sheet of paper which had all of my details on it. I applied for this job 4/4/15, had my interview 8/4/15 and I heard back withing 30 mins of leaving the interview. I have my welcome meeting tonight.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Hartlepool, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Came in and was directed to opposite seats where the woman was sitting. She asked a few questions and my availability (school holidays and weekend) and it was only 5 minutes long if that. She wanted to get to dinner. I was told it would be 40 minutes, 20 for OJE and 20 for interview... It was a first interview apparently.
    She said I would get an email the same day at 3 o clock about second interviews, my interview was 12. I haven't heard anything so I presume bad luck.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Leeds, England) in March 2015.

Interview

easy and simple took over 2 weeks to get an interview got through first stage where I had to go up to customers and ask if they were having a nice meal etc. second interview had to do same questions with manager and was asked for my sizes etc.

Interview Questions

• if you were a brand what would you be
      what does respect mean to you

Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Wouldn't really describe it as a proper interview. The whole process was all very informal, however I did join at school leaving age, as did most people who start off there so a formal interview probably would have thrown me off a bit

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? Know any people that work in this store?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a week later accepting me for an interview and OJE (on job evaluation). Had to move my interview so I rung up the branch who sorted it and arranged a new selection of time slots. The interview was about 20 minutes but the interviewer was friendly and didn't really write any notes down, so it's not that serious. For the OJE, I was on the drive through giving out the bags which were handed to me, getting drinks from machines and giving any sauces and what not which the customers requested. I'd recommend trying to get your interview in a quiet period (mine was 4pm and was fairly busy, would have been overwhelming any later)

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would you be?   3 Answers
    • What are the 3 most important aspects of service?   2 Answers
    • How would you handle an angry customer?   2 Answers
    • Why is it important to have a high standard of appearance?   2 Answers
    • What does respect mean to you?   2 Answers

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Royal Leamington Spa, England) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply the following day saying I was invited to an OJE and interview. I wore appropriate clothing but when I got there (20 minutes early), the manager just interviewed me. It was the simplest interview I've ever had we basically just went through my availability. I have my induction on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McDonald's?   2 Answers
    • What do you think this role is about?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me didn't ask any questions other than for my basic details/qualifications and availability. He mostly spoke to me about the role and the shift patterns required. The interview was incredibly easy but I didn't get offered the job. I am unsure why but I think it was to do with my availability.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take you to get here?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's (Canvey Island, England) in January 2015.

Interview

The application was simple. I got accepted about a week later, then the interview was the following Monday in the head McDonald's of my area. The OJE was supposed to be the following Wednesday, but I did not get the job. I waited about 5 minutes after the time I accepted.

Interview Questions

• When was the first McDonald's in the UK opened?   1 Answer
    • Where was the first McDonald's in the UK?   1 Answer
    • What deals/promotions do we have going on right now?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's (Bath, England) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on a Monday morning via the online application process. I then received an e-mail 2 days later saying that I had passed the application stage and that I would need to schedule a time for an On-Job Evaluation and Interview (they're meant to be done on the same day). However, despite what it said in the e-mail, when I got there, I didn't have to do an OJE. I looked it up online and it seems a lot of others didn't need to do the OJE, either. The interview process took about 15-20minutes.

I got there at the time that I was meant to be there and I approached the front desk where I was told to wait upstairs and I was kindly offered a drink. I waited 15minutes before the Manager came to interview me. In all fairness, it was kind of busy and he did have priorities to attend to before interviewing me, so it wasn't a problem. The manager was extremely nice and he said "I prefer this to be less of an interview style and more of just having a natural conversation".

The interview questions were generally expected questions and some of the time was taken up by going over my availability. It's good to note that I'm 16, and since my only previous job had been a paper round, I wasn't asked situational questions.

The first question I didn't do too well on. I had planned on looking up about the restaurant I was applying for, but I didn't manage to since I had forgotten to do so, so it seemed as though I was a little disinterested and I couldn't be bothered to look up about the place I was applying for. It wasn't a great start to the interview, but all the other questions I answered seemed to be fine, hence my offer of a job.

The process from submitting my application to the welcome meeting is 11days.

Applied on Monday. Received an e-mail on Wednesday(2 days later) asking to schedule interview which was on a Sunday(4 days after e-mail). I received an e-mail the day after (Monday) congratulating me I got through, then the welcome meeting is on a Friday of the same week(11 days from the Application date).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this restaurant, in particular? (Opening hours and such).
      What are your interests outside of school?
      When you hear the word 'McDonald's', what does this mean to you/what comes to mind?
      What skills do you think you can gain from working here?
      Why should I hire you?

After all of this, he took my clothes size and he asked if I was available to attend the next welcome meeting. Even though this wasn't an official statement that I would be hired, I felt pretty confident and I was told to look out for an e-mail over the next few days. I received an e-mail just over 24hours after my interview, congratulating me that I had passed the interview stage and that I would need to attend the welcome meeting to arrange clothes and forms and other such things.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told that I'd get a base rate pay of £4.35 which can be increased in the future. (It's good to note that I'm 16 so it will be higher for some of you).

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email four days later calling to an interview and OJE. Booked my interview time. It lasted 20 mins followed by a 20 min OJE. Offer was given 4 hours after the interview with an invite to a welcome meeting to sort paperwork/confirm identity. Make sure you remember to bring your passport and uniform sizes (waist size, leg length (short, regular, long) and shirt size).
    First day starts soon after the uniform arrives when you're scheduled in. Be sure to complete the modules on MyStuff and update your personal/bank details before the first shift.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • What does respect mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Name a task you didn't like doing but did anyway. Why didn't you like it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Who is your role model and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You're invited to a welcome meeting after where other newbies may be there too. It is up to you whether or not you want to go, just let them know you're not going to take up the offer.
    My welcome meeting was the day after the offer and interview.