McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

1.8

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in October 2014.

Applied online at night and got either interview appointment or rejection the following noon. Had an interview at 3pm and got a congratulation email at 6pm. Everything was quick and the interviewer was nice. It's not a difficult job to get. Just be friendly, smile a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are very basic including what are you doing, why you want to work for the Company.   Answer Question

Crew Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Here's a step by step guide to apply for a job, including how to apply for a job online, how to fill out a job application, how to write job application letters, and tips and advice for applying for jobs

be confident

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online and was emailed asking to come in for interview same day. Interview was a few days later within the restaurant. Questions asked included Explain a time when you have worked within a team and a member of the team has been holding everybody back, availability, and a few more. Wasn't a hard interview by any means.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you have worked within a team and a member of the team has been holding everybody back   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fleet, South East England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fleet, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in September 2014.

First there is an online application which doesn't take too long to fill out and afterwards you here back from them (it took 7 days for me to hear back). I was asked to go in for a group interview at another restaurant as the one I applied had not finished being built.
    The group interview was held upstairs where they asked us in one by one and asked simple questions like "have you worked for us before". They ask if you can do a minimal of 2 shifts for them then they tell you where to go and sit.
    We then got a small talk from the owner of the store and was asked to find out the name and two facts about the person opposite us to then share this with the group. We then worked in small groups to come up with 3 qualities a crew member should have. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. I've been asked back for a 1:1. All interviews depend on who holds it.

Interview Questions
    • When the person opposite says the two facts about you, the owner asks a couple if questions to see how to react quickly.   Answer Question
    • What qualities should a crew member at McDonalds have?   View Answer
    • Can you work a minimal of 2 shifts?   View Answer
    • Also as soon as you get there then try to make a good impression. We were told after the interview that we were being assessed as soon as we walked up the stairs. They were assessing if our first impressions were good which is a key thing to have for McDonalds. So make sure you are looking smart and not wearing jeans! Also always smile and when someone is talking (doesn't matter if it one of the interviewers or someone else who if being interviews) look at them and make eye contact as I think this is what helped me with getting the 1:1.   Answer Question
    I was offered a 1:1 interview which is happening later today so not sure yet.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

Everything was fine and relaxed until they asked me what hours I could do towards the end - I said 8am until 6pm as that was the first and last bus. They said I was lying, and wouldn't believe me that I was telling the truth. They also didn't seem to like that I went to a grammar school sixth form as that meant I wouldn't be allowed to work after sixth form. Clearly didn't read my application form as this was already down on it. Interviewer seemed intimidated and said if I didn't get the job it'd be due to my 'funny hours'. They also quizzed me about uni courses id looked at, and then seemed to think I was a bit up myself and that 'I had everything planned out'. Then they asked me completely irrelevant questions to the job to do with going into business after university. To put this in context, I'm 16.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

I applied for a role on a Monday and received an email on the Wednesday of the same week about choosing a time for an interview and OJE. I choose my interview time which was for the following Tuesday (yesterday) at 12:30pm. I then got an email at 5:45pm on the same day saying I had passed me interview and OJE and they would like me to attend a welcome meeting. I received a few more emails about their website and other stuff.

It was my first interview so I was nervous. I did feel a little under pressure at first but the manager was nice and understanding. After my interview I went to do my OJE, I had a little tour of the restaraunt and what clothes are for which, where the bins go and other stuff. During my OJE I wiped down the tables, helped customers clear away their trays and interacted with some of the customers.

(Remember to smile)

Interview Questions
    • What does respect mean to you?   View Answer
    • What kind of service is better? Fast or friendly?   View Answer
    There hasn't been a negotiation but as far as I'm aware the wages start of at the minimum

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

Thorough application process, structured interview. Met the area manager three times along with a number of different store managers and one senior director. Nice people, good questions - got the feeling they were interested in my skills, , experience academics and as a person. Each round took between 1- 2 hours. Followed up with referees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in May 2014.

the interview lasted less than ten minutes & I didn't get an oje. the interviewer didn't seem too care very much about the interview or my answers. at one point she laughed at my answer which I though was pretty good. glad now I didn't get offered the job, wouldn't want to work for her

Interview Questions
    • my details
      when I could work
      my sizes
      why do you want this job
      what attracted you to mcd's
      time you worked carefully
      time you looked after someone that was difficult
      part if a team
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Offered an assessment centre 3 months after applying.

Crew Trainer Interview

Online application submission, followed by a phone call for an interview. The interview is held in the respective store, and allows the employee to understand a bit about yourself, your work history, and current background in education, goals, and ambitions. Emphasis placed on customer-facing scenarios.

No negotiation