McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

1.8

Crew Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at McDonald's.

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Here's a step by step guide to apply for a job, including how to apply for a job online, how to fill out a job application, how to write job application letters, and tips and advice for applying for jobs

be confident

Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online and was emailed asking to come in for interview same day. Interview was a few days later within the restaurant. Questions asked included Explain a time when you have worked within a team and a member of the team has been holding everybody back, availability, and a few more. Wasn't a hard interview by any means.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you have worked within a team and a member of the team has been holding everybody back   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

Everything was fine and relaxed until they asked me what hours I could do towards the end - I said 8am until 6pm as that was the first and last bus. They said I was lying, and wouldn't believe me that I was telling the truth. They also didn't seem to like that I went to a grammar school sixth form as that meant I wouldn't be allowed to work after sixth form. Clearly didn't read my application form as this was already down on it. Interviewer seemed intimidated and said if I didn't get the job it'd be due to my 'funny hours'. They also quizzed me about uni courses id looked at, and then seemed to think I was a bit up myself and that 'I had everything planned out'. Then they asked me completely irrelevant questions to the job to do with going into business after university. To put this in context, I'm 16.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

Thorough application process, structured interview. Met the area manager three times along with a number of different store managers and one senior director. Nice people, good questions - got the feeling they were interested in my skills, , experience academics and as a person. Each round took between 1- 2 hours. Followed up with referees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

I applied for a role on a Monday and received an email on the Wednesday of the same week about choosing a time for an interview and OJE. I choose my interview time which was for the following Tuesday (yesterday) at 12:30pm. I then got an email at 5:45pm on the same day saying I had passed me interview and OJE and they would like me to attend a welcome meeting. I received a few more emails about their website and other stuff.

It was my first interview so I was nervous. I did feel a little under pressure at first but the manager was nice and understanding. After my interview I went to do my OJE, I had a little tour of the restaraunt and what clothes are for which, where the bins go and other stuff. During my OJE I wiped down the tables, helped customers clear away their trays and interacted with some of the customers.

(Remember to smile)

Interview Questions
    • What does respect mean to you?   View Answer
    • What kind of service is better? Fast or friendly?   View Answer
    There hasn't been a negotiation but as far as I'm aware the wages start of at the minimum

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sheffield, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2012.

Filled out the online application form and then received a phone call asking for an interview. Interview was pretty basic, usual questions asked, i.e ones on team working, other work experience, hobbies, then got a phone call about a week later offering me the job

Interview Questions
    • Explain when you have dealt with a difficult customer, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bolton, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

The inital interview was friendly, i liked the lady who inteviewed me. i found the process very relaxed and calm. I did not feel too much pressure.we then had a group meeting off all the successful apllicants to recieve uniforms and information about using the crews mcdonnalds websights were things can be baught cheaper and discounted. I felt i met nice and friendly crew trainers and members who all ready worked at mcdonalds.

Interview Questions
    • i did not have a difficult question, i think most of the aswers were just using common sense.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2013.

I applied online for the role, and had an email a couple of weeks later to book a time online. I booked the time and arrived around 20 mins early for the interview. The interview was in the restaurant and as it was a minimum paying job, the questions were quite easy. The good thing is they cater to young people working there so understand school times which you can't work. I would say the interview lasted around 30 minutes, and then I had to put on a jacket and hat and hand drinks to the people on drive through, as a test run. It was really easy and I just asked the customer if they needed any sauces which helped. After about 5 minutes of that, the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to help an angry customer - difficult for me as this was my first job and I think would be most people's.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate the wage, however the shifts are able to change around.

Crew Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aylesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2010.

The first step is to fill out an online form, this included: personal details as well as a character/ job suitability assessment. Questions are asked about various scenarios you might have to deal with in a restaurant and how you would respond. Following this you are called for an interview.

Interview Questions
    easy, I was able to start when it suited me

McDonalds Crew Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bournemouth, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2011.

you go online to the website, you get an email, they bring you in for interview, you get the job, you walk around needlessly all day on your first day, they probably dont know youre coming for your first day

Interview Questions
    • not a question, but you would be asked to walk around the lobby and tend to customers in the best way you possibly could.   View Answer
    nope

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!