McGladrey LLP Consulting Associate Interview Questions

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Associate Interview

This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Questions
  • They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Consulting Associate Interview

Met with a recruiter. Then brought in to meet with several directors and a partner

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

I had an interview with a partner and a director at the same time. They were extremely friendly. The interview was very informal. They just had questions about my current job experience and education background and spent some time on explaining benefits of working for the company including the flexibility and challenging but rewarding experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are the reasons you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Met with a senior manager through a recruiting event and had an informal interview on site (golf course). Received an email a few days later from the regional HR recruiter extending an office visit. The office visit consisted of two 45 minute one-on-one interviews with managers from the consulting practice. There were no behavioral questions or anything drawing too much stress, more of a relaxed conversation trying to get a feel for the job and the interviewer trying to get a feel for your interests and goals.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had difficulty working in a group environment and how did you handle this situation.   View Answer

I received an offer from another firm that provided more personal opportunities.

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2012.

Met the firm at a career fair at University. This was most important for me, as it was my "first impression" of them. Although firm associates may act short/uninterested they are paying attention and want candidates that seem interested and eager to learn, not just someone "dropping off their resume". I followed through and applied for an interview through Career Services. The on campus interview was held 1 on 1 with a manager and consisted of behavioral questions and your experiences. 2 weeks later, I received an email asking me to come in for an office visit. The office visit was very relaxed and I did not feel as nervous as I had with other firms. I interviewed with 2 directors and 1 manager. They touched on my resume but were more interested in chatting and getting a sense of my personality. That night, we were invited for a social at a restaurant downtown and were able to meet more associates and managers (including managing partner), and met the other potential job candidates. I focused on networking and socializing with the firms associates who were surprisingly very open and eager to chat. Received a phone call 2 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    Accepted the initial offer, as it was market rate, and did not expect firm to negotiate higher, especially for entry level position. Do your research, for me, it was more important to "get my foot in the door" than potentially ruin the experience by asking for 2-3K more and being turned down. The offer was adequate for entry level.

Consulting Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

The interview was great. I had met many of my interviewers at business events before the formal interview and so I was excited about the opportunity. However, the interview turned negative when I received no reply by email or over the phone afterwards. While this is typical, it was particularly frustrating because even after calling and leaving messages with the interviewers, I was granted no response.

I was promised reimbursement for my travel expenses on two separate occasions by two separate HR Reps and I never received it (because I could never get a hold of them!)

Interview Questions
    • The interview was four hours long, however most of the questions were casual. There were no behavioral or situational questions.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Phone interview, followed by on-campus interview with a Partner of the Firm. Final round in-office interview with Partner and Director. Mostly behavioral type questions.

Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2011.

Phone interview with human resources for typical screen; notified w/in two days about coming in for in office interview. Office interviews consisted of three 1:1 meetings, office tour, question and answer period. Asked typical behavioral and interview questions. Offer w/in two days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your three greatest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question