McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep 2014
Updated 18 Sep 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I met the firm at a career fair initially applying for an internship postion. I ended up interviewing with the firm on campus and was accepted to their leadership program. At the program the firm interviewed for internship positions. The interviews were certainly a surprise to the candidates as the interviews were not shown explicitly on the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Not very technical questions. The most difficult questions for me were behavioral questions, but with a few good stories in mind they become easier to answer.   Answer Question

Winter Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in August 2014.

I got the interview after participating in the Summer Pathways Program. I interviewed with two people, 30 minutes each. It was a conversational type of interview. They asked me typical questions like "tell me about yourself," "why audit?" "why Mcgladrey" and one behavioral question. It was very relaxing, I was very myself.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I knew someone who worked in the office and they passed my resume on to HR. I had a simple phone interview followed by an office interview with 2 directors / Senior managers. The interview was very conversational and just looking to see how I would fit in with the firm. There were no technical questions or behavioral questions but more just trying to learn about my personality and working habits.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question to answer was just how I think I fit into their culture. With someone coming from very little work experience it was difficult for me to think of things that would add value to their firm.   Answer Question

Sumemr Tax Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Applied to the Pathways Leadership program on campus and was invited to participate in the program after a 30 minute on-campus interview. I had met the recruiter before so the interview went well. I participated in the two day program, and following the conclusion of the program I interviewed with one of the partners of the tax practice. Two days later I received an offer to join the company next summer in the tax department. I had a very positive experience with the company and I am looking forward to joining the company next summer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied to or considered working for the Big 4?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

They have definite age restrictions. They like younger people to train and help with their process.
    They have quite a big turnover and have many international spots. They are flexible with the work schedule and easy to work for regarding time.

Interview Questions
    • there were no suprises. I do not remember the process it has been to long.   Answer Question
    They approached me to work many years ago. There was not an personal interview process.They were very friendly on the phone interview. The FDIC needed me to help on a project.

Audit Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one at the main office. both interviews were conversational in nature. there was a pre-interview dinner before the first round. i felt like the interviews were just tests to see if you would fit with the company.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult, but crucial question: why are you interested in mcgladrey? your answer to this question is pretty much all they need to know.   Answer Question

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was invited to the program after meeting with one of the tax directors at a school function. Making sure you follow up with firm representatives is crucial in the recruiting process. Every step must be measured, but if you send the follow up emails and know how to network the process will be much easier for you.

Interview Questions
    • My conversation with the recruiter was very conversational and no behavioral questions. The hardest question was explaining my part of my undergraduate GPA (2 years wasn't so hot), but she was very understanding.   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in June 2014.

Contact firm via posting on CareerBuilder.com. HR consoler contacted me within a week of submitting resume. Consoler was very upbeat and pleasant, asked about location preferences and salary requirements. Follow-up call a week later to schedule interviews with partners. Conducted telephone interviews with partners separately. Both partners were very open and approachable, very pleasant conversation about my experience. Later I had a follow-up conversation with a IT Director, also very pleasant conversation around my experience. Two weeks later flew into office for face to face in interview with partners and selected staff. Very nice people and firm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were non-technical, more interested in experience.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Haven, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Interview Questions

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!