McGladrey LLP

174 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Advisory Services Associate Interview

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details Went through campus recruiting, and then was invited to come down for a final interview in their downtown office. After the initial invite, I didn't hear any details until a week before. I was told after the final interview that I'd hear back in 2 weeks; however, I didn't end up hearing back until over a month later because the recruiter left the company. I had to call the office to inquire about the status on the position, and received a very generic rejection email after waiting so long.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not work well or there was a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details Met with a campus recruiter at Career Fair. Offered an on-campus interview with one of the partners who was an alumni. Very simple behavioral based interview where he made me feel very comfortable. Went to NYC for in-office interview where I was with a group of roughly 15 other students applying. We were all separated and met with 2 different partners for 2 30-minute interviews. One of the partners was a bit condescending so I could tell it didn't go too well. After the interviews, two entry level staff members took a small group of us out to lunch. Overall was a nice day-long process with the exception of the one partner making me a few rude comments during the interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details It was a straight forward process and interviewers were professional and pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details Interview was conversational. The interviewer asked questions off of my resume and we went from there. She spent awhile talking about what the program entails.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? What do you know about McGladrey?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Comference Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied through my college and interviewed on campus.

Interview Question – Not a difficult interview, just a conversation about my resume and company.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

CPE Compliance Coordinator Interview

Bloomington, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Interview Details Had a phone interview then a face to face interview. Very laid back and very comfortable setting.

Interview Question – They were all very easy and did not make feel uncomfortable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they offered me more then I asked for

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Question – They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pathways Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details Super relaxed process. Spoke with them at my schools career fair and they asked me to interview with them at on campus interviews. I was really nervous but it was laid back. All they wanted to do was get to know you. They asked the typical questions of why McGladrey? Why not the big 4?

Interview Question – None were difficult. No behavioral based questions. Just be yourself!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for a leadership 2 day program no negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!

McGladrey LLP Videos

McGladrey LLP – Why Work for Us?

McGladrey LLP is the largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with nearly 6,700 people in more than 75 cities nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm. It is the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGladrey LLP interview questions and advice. All 174 interview reviews are posted anonymously by McGladrey LLP employees and interview candidates.