McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated 26 Mar 2015
Updated 26 Mar 2015

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Very laid back and conversational - Interviewed with 2 partners who were very easy to talk to. The entire interview process was about an hour long. I was interviewed during my externship and received an offer the next day.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I went in for an office interview and met with a partner for about an hour. It was a very warm environment and the staff were nice. I thought I would have more interviews but only spoke with the partner. I was asked typical interview questions more than behavioral, which surprised me. Afterwards, I probably asked the partner 8-10 questions but he seemed impressed that I did my research and I was curious about the firm's culture.

Got the call later that day that I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths/Weaknesses
      What is your ideal job?
      Questions regarding my resume and how I went into accounting

Answer Question

Pathways Externship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2015.

A professor e-mailed all accounting majors with specifications for applying. I sent my resume and cover letter, which were passed on to a McGladrey recruiter. Within 4 weeks, I had an interview at the nearest McGladrey office. The interview was more of a conversation. No traditional behavioral questions were asked. I'd recommend having losts of questions or the conversation may trail off. Also, make sure to be informed about the company.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met company at my University's career fair, which led to an invite to an on-campus interview. Everything was very straightforward. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable throughout. Everybody that I met from the company was very nice! I look forward to my interning with the company as it truly seems to be a great experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interviewed with two Partners and a Director of Development. The primary questions were regarding my sales experience. The firm was certainly looking for more of a salesman than someone with audit expertise.

Summer Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2015.

Met at the on campus Career Fair, and was prompted to apply through the school's career center website. Selected for an interview within a week. They held a pre interview social so you could meet your interviewer before the actual interview. Interview lasted 30 minutes and was very laid back.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2015.

I applied through my school's Career website and then they emailed me to set up an interview date and time that they were going to be on campus for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly simple and it was more conversational rather than an actual interview. One thing that I would strongly advise is that make sure you know your resume front and back, and also be ready to talk about ALL of the things that you have listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2015.

I was asked to interview after meeting representatives at my school's career fair. Interview was super relaxed and conversational. Took about 30 min, half of which was the interviewer telling me about himself and the program itself. He gave me time to ask any questions I had, so make sure you have questions prepared. He made jokes and was very nice, so it wasn't intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • How did you end up at this school and in Accounting? What is your bucket list before graduating? Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Went to Meet the Firms in CSULA and talked to an associate. She kindly forwarded my resume to the recruiter and eventually got an email from the HR Department. I was invited to a social the night before my interview, went through the interview process the following day. Went through 3 interviews in total. Must be prepared to answer plenty of questions and have plenty of questions to ask.