McGladrey LLP Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
190 interviews

2.6

Assurance Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2011.

Extremely disorganized recruitment process and vetting of new employees. I went for a first interview and never heard back until almost 2 months later when they were desperate for people. The day I had my second interview, the last associate in the entire office had quit. I should have stayed away.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was mostly conversational. They ask the usual questions about your background and why you want to work there.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation phase since this was an entry-level position. The firm is in collusion with other accounting firms in the area to keep all salaries for positions the same, regardless of your skill set.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview was extremely laid-back and was an extension of the conversation I had previously had with the partner. Some of the usual questions about my resume, but most of the time I spent asking him questions. The entire process seems to be a feeling out and finding the proper "fit" between myself and McGladrey. No technical questions were asked.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2010.

The process went smoothly. They wanted to get a better idea of you as a person vs what your resume said.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any technical questions. They were more interested in getting to know your personality   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

On Campus Interviews- 1 manager interview
    In House interviews- 3 interviews with managers/supervisors
    Lunch with associates, senior associates, and supervisors (informal interview to see how you get along with the team)

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?
      Do you work well with others? How
        Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

On campus interview by a senior manager, who was accompanied by a few first years. The next day I was invited to head down to the office for more interviews. For the in-office interview, I interviewed with four people - a senior, a supervisor, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to ask a lot of questions during the interview. In my case, more than one of the interviewers essentially asked me to interview them.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Questions
    • As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   View Answer

They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.

Human Resources Interview

It was a normal interview process

Interview Questions
    • Not really a difficult question, it was really what skills I had to date   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

applied online on university career resource website, was invited for first round interview on campus. attended a meet and greet (drinks and hors d'oeuvres) at a local restaurant the evening before the interview, interviewed with a partner the following day, very conversational, heard back from the recruiter 1-2 weeks later and was invited for a second round interview in the office, again very conversational met with a partner and a specialist in the office and attended a dinner while in town

did not negotiate

Consulting Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Started with a phone interview. I acutally received an offer directly after the single, phone-based interview. I turned it down as I wanted to meet/speak with other people in the organization who I would be working with and so that I had time to conduct my own due dilligence activities. Over the course of another 6-weeks during which I spoke with a number of other people both directly and by phone, I was told that I had the position but that a starting point would be contingent upon available work closing. The process became a back and forth conversation for the subsequent 6 months until another formal offer was made and we negotiated an agreement.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that I found to be particularly difficult nor unexpected.   Answer Question
    Fairly short with me turning down the 2nd offer and then negotiating to a mutually agreeable solution.

Assurance Associate Interview

First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.