McKesson Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

2.8

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McKesson.

typical if in sales, want results and documentation, will interview with at least two managers, process is relatively easy and hiring can take anywhere from one month to two months.

Interview Questions
    • always the same question, why are you leaving your current company...   Answer Question
    minimal negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Contracted by McKesson Talent Advisor for phone interview. One week later contacted for face to face interview. Interview was behavior type panel interview. They asked questions that were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Basic scenario questions such as how you handle conflicts with co –workers   Answer Question

Operations Management Development Program - for Veteran Junior Officers Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McKesson.

Most JMO-Transitioning vets will likely get an invite. Then you'll get a phone screen with thier vet liaison, and after screen if you have interest and applicable skills you get in que for next phone interview. If that goes well then you get flown and accomodated for face-to-face interview(s) at thier headquarters.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McKesson.

There are three separate interviews with three different individuals within the team that you would be working in. All of the interviews are all very conversational and just getting to know each other to determine if it's a good fit. Overall all the interviewers are extremely friendly and accommodating. They are also very responsive.

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

I applied online and a week later received an email to set up a telephone interview with a recruiter. After the telephone interview, I received another email to set up an onsite interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • The telephone interview were basic questions related to the position. It was to see if you knew basic things.

The onsite interview was disappointing. The two managers I interviewed with were different than the ones I was told. Most interviews you receive a handshake but I did not. Only one person asked questions while the other just sat there reading my resume'. My resume' really isn't that long. They didn't smile much or seemed excited about the company which made me feel out of place.
        Answer Question

Enterprise Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Very comprehensive interview covering all aspects of enterprise infrastructure in healthcare enterprises and the integration points between them. Also covered standard enterprise systems and models, including wireless and wired networking at both the local and wide area scale, Unix and Linux implementation models, server virtualization and consolidation concepts, and storage models. Also covered interaction with project managers and creation and maintenance of project plans.

Interview Questions
    • How do you standardize the IT fit of an enterprise with 45 locations across 4 timezones?   Answer Question
    Tough, as they really didn't understand the market for EAs. I stuck to my number and they finally came up to a level I was comfortable with accepting.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Received a call from one of their recruiters (looks part of the talent acquisition is outsourced) and
    after a few minutes of questions to get information about my background and experience, he said
    he would get pass that information on to the hiring manager and have him talk to me.

But after that a month has been passed but no word and absolutely no response even for my
    multiple inquiries.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very general about experience and background...nothing technical   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson in August 2014.

Interview process was pretty standard with company recruiter making plans. Consisted of a couple phone screens and interviews, then in person interviews. Company paid for travel to location for final in person interviews. Employees seemed to enjoy working for McKesson and positive about the direction of the organization. Had to turn down the offer due to low salary and minimal relocation.

Interview Questions

Salary was on the low end given the cost of living. I got the impression most employees at the location are not paid well considering McKesson is a top 15 company and the location is one of most expensive places in the US. Relocation was lump sum that would only cover basic movers but did not include the benefits you would expect from a major employer (home sale, realtor commission, closing costs, new home purchase, etc were not covered). Hard to pass a job in Hawaii but didn't want to be so poor I couldn't afford to enjoy it.

Vice President Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

I was networking with a few people and one of them said I should check out McKesson. I got him my resume and was fast tracked through the system. The interview process was very easy for me, I went through HR twice, 2 sales people, and 2 managers. It took about month with some negotiation on salary and PTO days. I was looked at for 2 positions but ended up only applying for the sales role.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have anything whacky or odd... the weirdest thing was when one of the managers interviewing me sat on the same side of the desk as me as if we were have a conversion... it was odd but overall pretty straight forward   Answer Question
    Not a lot of negotiation was going to happen, as it was a new role. I did get a few thousand more in my base and upped my PTO days to what I had at my last company.

Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

Interviewers beware! I first received an email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a Business Process Consultant position either to be in Dallas or Olive Branch. I proceeded with a phone screen interview with the recruiter and then was passed onto the hiring director for a one hour interview. Being successful, I was passed to the manager of the department for a 1/2 hour interview. The recruiter then emailed me to come into a onsite interview for six hours. I explained that I work FT and with a heavy workload I would have trouble giving that much time during the day and asked for alternative options. I was told No and that I would have to use PTO. I explained I was taking all the risks and didn't want to give up my personal time for my family if there wasn't any guarantee at the end. I then asked if there was an actual job and the recruiter never answered my question- essentially dodged it. I checked the website and there was no listing. Essentially I was about to take PTO for a role that didn't even exist.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about getting buy in from business owners?   View Answer