Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Great interview- everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult questions- they just wanted to get to know you.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Was asked general questions about past projects and my interest in biomedical engineering. Also asked about my experience in CAD, coding (MATLAB). Interview was obtained through a career fair at my school. Interviewer was a HR professional and was not involved in any of the engineering projects at Medtronic. Interview was very pleasant overall and felt like a casual conversation.

Post Grad Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First had a phone interview and was then invited in for a face to face. Met with four different people for 30 min each. Asked questions about experience based on my resume and previous experience. Manager has been extremely helpful through the entire process.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The Recruiter was very nice and asked many follow-up questions regarding my answers. She also introduced about the HR team of the intern position, which gave me a picture of the internship role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education background and experience   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview questions were brief, and I met with the hiring manager, the department manager and another HR person. The interview questions were brief, and I met with the hiring manager, the department manager and another HR person.

Interview Questions

• How did a personal weakness affect a project or duty you have had?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Basic 30 minute interview. mainly focused on my previous experience. project i had completed and my educational background. i was then shown one of the medical devices produced by the company and asked how i thought certain components might be made.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic (Brooklyn Park, MN (US)).

Interview

I had 6 separate interviews with Medtronic for the same department. I had applied to an Engineering Manager position and was called and had a phone interview for a Senior Engineering Manager position. After realizing I wasn't qualified for the senior level, I was contacted by another representative for a phone interview for the Engineering Manager position for which I applied. I was then invited on-site for a half-day interview. They liked me, but thought I'd be a better fit for an Operations Manager position that was also open in the same department. I was then contacted by another representative for another phone interview. I was then invited in twice, for two different on-site half day interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you define quality?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I was offered an interview, but didn't receive an offer. The interview was straightforward, all behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They wanted to see what I knew about the company. They also wanted to hear what was my favorite and least favorite class and why. Overall seemed like a relaxed interview.

Supply Management Team Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First you interview with your recruiter and then an interview at Medtronic. If you dont pass the assessments you dont get to interview. Take several behavior assessment, interview with a manager and interview with division manager. Know star interview questions and be prepared to have questions for the interviewers. Also be prepared to know what products Medtronic has and how they work. You will be asked what you know about the position so make sure you know what your applying for and why.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The interview process was too formulaic. Interviewers had scripted questions and seemed overly focused on note-taking and answer-rating during the interview. I felt that this hindered the interviewers from actually getting to know me.