Merrill Lynch

Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.8

Trading Analyst Interview

Assessment centre:
    - Numerical test: very difficult, much more than typical online test
    - Group exercise: analyst investment opportunities for a fake bank; the exercise was followed by a presentation to the fake bank's board of directors.
    - 1:1 Presentation: Investment in either stocks/bond or sector
    - 3 1:1 interviews: both technical and competency based.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

First round telephone interview, asking basic fit questions such as walk through CV and if you're a team player. Second round face to face interview in office, take home presentation on company valuations and more fit questions such as what's your weakness, strength and how we can help you grow, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Take home presentation on a company, prepared short industrial introduction, company competitiveness and financial standing evaluation.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2014.

Assessment Center

Interview Questions
    • A lot of teamwork questions, practice the team assessment stuff online (Key*)   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2013.

7 interviews ranging from Analyst to MD. Discussed motivation, prior deals and interesting investments. CF knowledge tested through a number of theoretical and practical case studies. A number of market sizing / brainteasers were also asked. Prior experience was thoroughly questioned. This included all aspects of financial analyses through professional experience but also wrt academic prior knowledge.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2013.

Standard online application with CV upload and competency based questions. After that a numerical test and a logical test. About a month after the application was submitted I got invited to AC in London. The AC consisted of two one on one interviews with people from different desks, one numerical test (way harder than the one during the online application), one group exercise and one individual case.

Interview Questions
    • Case: come up with an asset or a portfolio of several assets and pitch it.   View Answers (2)

Relationship Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2013.

Got my Interview through a job agent.
    I had an interview with the HR manager. she asked me basic questions. Tell me about yourself, why working as a relationship manager assistant? what are you looking fir in this job?.... They are very professional and make you feel comfortable.

Spring Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2012.

Standard Online Applications with CV and Covering Letter, then was invited to a numerical test which was a standard PSL one. I then was invited to an interview a couple months later which was over the phone. It was a very straightforward process. HR were very diligent and I received an update a few weeks after the process.

Investment Banking Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2010.

Head hunter, interviews with senior MDs

Interview Questions
    • what would you describe as the most important factors in building a smart order router   Answer Question
    • do you have any difficulties with your current management?   Answer Question
    not much possible and over very quickly

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2009.

The office was impressive and while being showed round the trading floor etc at 6:00pm I saw very few people left in the building. My interviewers were mid-level developers and seemed pretty unfriendly they did however really know they're stuff. It seemed obvious that they were over worked and very tired meaning they weren't overly enthusiastic about the role. My impression is the company was mediocre and I don't think I would have accepted an offer if I had got it.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2009.

very technical interview on the phone - 30 questions straight out of the textbook.
    Face to face was more situation based " describe how you overcame a conflict in a team etc"

easy - i asked - they gave