Merrill Lynch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2014.

Interview Details Assessment Center

Interview Question – A lot of teamwork questions, practice the team assessment stuff online (Key*)   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in October 2013.

Interview Details Standard online application with CV upload and competency based questions. After that a numerical test and a logical test. About a month after the application was submitted I got invited to AC in London. The AC consisted of two one on one interviews with people from different desks, one numerical test (way harder than the one during the online application), one group exercise and one individual case.

Interview Question – Case: come up with an asset or a portfolio of several assets and pitch it.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details First round telephone interview, asking basic fit questions such as walk through CV and if you're a team player. Second round face to face interview in office, take home presentation on company valuations and more fit questions such as what's your weakness, strength and how we can help you grow, etc.

Interview Question – Take home presentation on a company, prepared short industrial introduction, company competitiveness and financial standing evaluation.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Assistant Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in July 2013.

Interview Details Got my Interview through a job agent.
I had an interview with the HR manager. she asked me basic questions. Tell me about yourself, why working as a relationship manager assistant? what are you looking fir in this job?.... They are very professional and make you feel comfortable.

Finance Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in March 2009.

Interview Details Numerical quesions were not tough but format was difficult (video on screen relayed the news, scrolling ticker and a question in right quadrant). Calculators were allowed. The group presentation was difficult but if you smile a lot and just get involved then you will be fine. Do not questions the others, just play along and come up with generic answers, do not be creative, dumb it down a bit.

Interview Question – Why this industry? Why you? Would you consider other roles?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible. If you get an offer, take it.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in September 2009.

Interview Details The office was impressive and while being showed round the trading floor etc at 6:00pm I saw very few people left in the building. My interviewers were mid-level developers and seemed pretty unfriendly they did however really know they're stuff. It seemed obvious that they were over worked and very tired meaning they weren't overly enthusiastic about the role. My impression is the company was mediocre and I don't think I would have accepted an offer if I had got it.

Interview Question – Describe the process of Java serialization   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in June 2009.

Interview Details very technical interview on the phone - 30 questions straight out of the textbook.
Face to face was more situation based " describe how you overcame a conflict in a team etc"

Interview Question – how many farmers are there in china   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy - i asked - they gave

Very Difficult Interview

Investment Banking Vice-President Interview

Investment Banking Vice-President
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch in August 2010.

Interview Details Head hunter, interviews with senior MDs

Interview Questions

• what would you describe as the most important factors in building a smart order router   Answer Question
  • do you have any difficulties with your current management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much possible and over very quickly

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details It was an employee referral so it was slightly simple than a regular hiring process. It was quick.

Interview Question – To pick a salary range not knowing what you have to bring in.   Answer Question

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview Details The Interview process was very straight forward. The manger only asked one thing of me which was "for the next ten min. or so, tell me everything you have accomplished from birth until you came off the elevator this morning"

Interview Question – for the next ten min. or so, tell me everything you have accomplished from birth until you came off the elevator this morning"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Merrill Lynch

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!

Merrill Lynch – Why Work for Us?

Merrill Lynch – A Global Leader Merrill Lynch is one of the world’s premier providers of wealth management, securities trading and sales, corporate finance and investment banking services. Working with our clients as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merrill Lynch interview questions and advice. All 319 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Merrill Lynch employees and interview candidates.