MetLife

2.7

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife in November 2010.

Two interviews with direct superior and business function lead. Vanilla interview questions mainly HR and CV related.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the usual as there is no specific company culture there.   View Answer
    at least 10% margin available for negotiation if they feel you are good fit for the role

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

100% unprofessional hiring processes. Consistent lack of communication and response to messages from recruiter and hiring team. No one wanted to take ownership of situations and passed the buck repeatedly, I could never get a solid answer, and they dragged the process out 4 months. Most of the time, I had to do their job for them by calling FINRA about my licenses and getting my drug test information. Not a company I would want to join after the way they conducted this process.

Interview Questions
    • If talent and money were not an issue, what would be your dream job.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Applied through university. In-person interview was all behavioral questions, questions about the company. I got a call the next day to schedule an on-site interview in Aurora, IL. Second interview was also behavioral. I felt it went well, it was pretty easy and no technical or case questions. Got rejection e-mail the next morning.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

made you take an online assessmenet to see if your skills match what they need. after that, they will email you back saying you passed the threshold for the assessment and give you an interview pretty easy interview.. they just asked about myself and see if your a good fit. then she went on to explain metlife itlsef- the product it sells and what not. i felt like they were trying to sell me to work for them. i didn't want to work for commission

Interview Questions

position didn't match what i was looking for

Programmer Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MetLife.

Applying to MetLife or An American HORROR Story PART TWO
    (Please read Part One)

Part Three:
    Received email from HR after submitting application. ....they might've fixed up the email template by this time, I don't remember. In the email, the HR person offered a date and time for an interview that wasn't good for me. I replied to the email and offered a window that worked better for me. I offered a 3-hour negotiable time frame (I said I was available Tuesday between 3 and 6) and asked the HR person to let me know what time works best for her. No response, she just went ahead and called at 3 on Tuesday. I wasn't expecting the call and I wasn't home at the time. I called her back, left a message with the hope of rescheduling the interview. No call back, apparently the Human Resources person's time is too precious to be a helpful resource to Humans.
    Part Four: Applied for a position with the MetLife Technical University program. Initial phone interview went great (it was a different person than the HR person associated with the first three scenarios). The next part of the process was an online assessment. It was a general aptitude test/
    No problem, I've taken them before and I was confident.....Well, I was confident until I took the test. The company that Metlife chose to perform the test is based in the UK. No big deal, right? No, not until I got to the section on converting measurements and money. Since it was a UK based assessment, the units were metric and the money was in pound notes. I wasn't too fluent with kilometers and I've never used pound notes, shillings, or pence in monetary transactions, so I had trouble. There were word problems like: "If Ian wants to travel from North Devonshire to Glastonbury within a fortnight, and travels at a rate of 35 kilometers per hour on the M1..." (OK, I might be exaggerating with that example). I also had trouble computing the number of shillings in a pound note and how many kilometers it would take to travel from Picadilly Square to the Prime Minister's office.
    Surprisingly, I passed the assessment and was sent an email to complete an application and select a date and time for a face-to-face interview. The email stated I would receive a confirmation email with location and directions once the application was received. I completed the application the same day, selected the time that worked best for me and eagerly awaited my reply. (Can you guess what happens next?) Nothing. No email confirmation. The company isn't very good on providing phone numbers for the HR dept. and the website didn't have any HR contact info. I called the person whom I had the initial phone interview with, left a VM to find out what's going on, but never heard back.

OK, if I don't get a job there that's fine, but I would like to know who do I contact at MetLife to get compensation for all the time and effort I WASTED on your stupid asinine application process(es), completing applications on your buggy website, dealing with your incompetent HR staff, and completing your ridiculous online test. Tell me upfront if you don't want to hire me or if you have reservations. Don't make me waste my time on all this junk. I've got better things to do
    And you have the nerve to use Snoopy as part of your logo!

Interview Questions
    • Online assessment test asking questions involving kilograms, kilometers and English pound notes was confusing.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Panel.interview. Basic scenario questions. .tell me about a time when....They were specific about when they would be making their decision and it I received a call about the time they specified. Overall one the easier interviews ive had.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to help someone else with an assignment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Interview involved answering a text book case study question which I was totally unprepared for. I don't expect to be called back. Apparently, interview is in 2 steps. First technical, then behavioral. If u dont make the first part, you wont be called for the behavioural

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MetLife.

Had one in person, on campus interview. Need to be very interested in sales for this job. If you're not, they will be able to tell and will not offer you the position.

MTU Technical University Software Developer Interview

Phone interview first, Simple behavioral based questions. The HR person was very nice and easy to talk to. then there is an online assessment. If the online assessment is passed, then there is another face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your view of diversity and why it is important   Answer Question

MTU App Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife in November 2014.

Started out with basic HR rep asking me questions like "What does diversity mean to you?", second interview was a test on your logic and reasoning skills, then got invited to either do a webcam interview or an in person interview - did the webcam interview as I am not near the offices. This last round I had two separate hiring managers ask me some very basic questions similar to what HR asked. Heard back 10 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain a technical issue to a non-technical person and how you would explain yourself.   Answer Question