MetLife

223 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Manager Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in November 2010.

Interview Details Two interviews with direct superior and business function lead. Vanilla interview questions mainly HR and CV related.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the usual as there is no specific company culture there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – at least 10% margin available for negotiation if they feel you are good fit for the role

Financial Advisor Interview

Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details Got a call from a recruiter very polite and professional asking for a one-on-one interview which I accepted. The first interview went well and was asked to take the online assessment, which was rather outdated and long and to me seemed somewhat irrevalnt to the position at hand. I declined a second interview based on my acceptance of another job

Interview Question – A lot of question about driving customers   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasnt what I wanted to do

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Durham, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online via Metlife Portal.I was contacted by a recruiter after that.After initial talks I was routed via a 3rd party who does tech interview with Metlife.After those interview rounds i was provided with an offer.The tech interview was simple.A mix of technical and behavioral questions.It was followed by a management round where behavioral evaluation was done via senior leadership team.The interview process was smooth.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral(Except technical interview).Technical interview was simple with very less focus on current job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low Salary
Low visibility of the job and the responsibilities.
Extremely long hiring process.

Financial Representative Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at MetLife in January 2010.

Interview Details The process was an active bait and switch method. The recruiter made warranties that were not meant or met. There was a social dinner and then a series of meetings that only postponed the start of compensation but required time and money. The recruiter admitted years later that the pitch was exaggerated. The culture of abuse started at the interview because the comments described a strategy detached from the reality. They use the Snoopy logo to lull people to believe their hype.

Interview Question – Why do you want the opportunity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was totally one-sided. It was take it or leave it and bait and switch with very little candor.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MetLife.

Interview Details Very Slow in response... used third party for technical round....

Interview Question – Why are you changing jobs in just 2 YEARS   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Client Service Representative Interview

West Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in September 2011.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend online. A third party HR company does the phone screening. Phone screening was easy, just went over position, current background/education. They then contact you for an actual interview about a week later. The interview for a CSR is conducted by a supervisor or an Annuity Analyst. The interview was very simply. Mostly behavioral questions but none that required a complex answer.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions. I found the interview to be surprising simplistic compared to other companies. I guess just the standard, "What is your biggest weakness?" is the most challenging question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation. I was right out of college and this was an entry level position into MetLife.

Sales Desk Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MetLife in August 2013.

Interview Details Told me I had to pay for a last minute flight to Charlotte and taxi fare ($120) to interview. I arrive 30 minutes early for the interview, ended up waiting over an hour. Manager seemed to have forgotten that I was on the schedule. Spent only about 30 minutes in the interview. Afterward, it took over a month for a response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Asked about relocation. Didn't realize I lived in NY.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details The gentlemen that I interviewed were very professional with a great personality. They asked tough questions that required you to think about past performances.

Interview Question – In what order do you think the important parts of being an adjuster (for mentioned )should go first? Customer service, policy, estimating ,teamwork, and intelligence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was offered much more then I asked for.

Broker Deal Principal Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MetLife in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to discuss position and answer preliminary questions about my background. The recruiter asked if I would be interested in interviewing with the management team when they came to Charlotte and I expressed interest. She arranged a tentative interview the followiing week. I interviewed with the managers and also was allowed to ask questions of them.

Interview Question – What is your work style and how do you prioritize various functions that have the same level of importance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter made the offer of the salary and informed me of the start date. The manager of the team that I interviewed with, had given salary range and also desired start date. Their initial offer was competitive and I accepted the offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MetLife in January 2010.

Interview Details One call backs and I was hired. It was pretty painless.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest mistake on the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked, I answered and the next time in I was offered the position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MetLife

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife interview questions and advice. All 223 interview reviews are posted anonymously by MetLife employees and interview candidates.