MetLife

2.7

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife in November 2010.

Two interviews with direct superior and business function lead. Vanilla interview questions mainly HR and CV related.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the usual as there is no specific company culture there.   View Answer
    at least 10% margin available for negotiation if they feel you are good fit for the role

Project Lead - Testing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

I applied for the title Project Lead - Testing online and in 3-4 days recruiter emailed me regarding the availability for PreScreen and it got scheduled.On the next day recruiter contacted me

Interview Questions
    • my experience , salary expectations ,Visa status , reason for change , expected role and told me about the levels of interview if i am selected for further rounds .The outcome of each levels will be informed via email and then we disconnected the call .Next day i got email stating that "at this time we will not be moving forward with your candidacy for this role."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MetLife.

I first went through an online interview process, it began as a referral from a friend that knows the director of sales. The process took a little over an hour. I was then called over the phone after I had completed the online interview process, I was called into the office. I was brought into the sales directors office and we went over my answers on the online interview and how well I had scored.

Interview Questions
    • Prioritize a list of objectives from most important to least important.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

I applied through the college career services center during my senior year. The process included an initial on campus interview followed by phone and in person interviews. I was brought to the regional headquarters in Richmond and offered the position. The entire process was quick, straightforward and relatively easy. There were no brain teasers or unexpected questions. The interviews were all conducted by very outgoing HR representatives and I never actually met with another financial adviser.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic and general questions:
      What do you do to handle stress?

View Answer

Budget Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

Very proffesional interview process, although a bit lengthy. I was set up for a phone interview for about 20 minutes then was told they will let me know if I made it the next round of an in person interview. About a week or so later, they called me back to set up the interview. I met with 3 people, all of whom were very nice and proffesional. Then after about 2 months with a few follow up emails I was finally told they made someone else an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, it was more job related positions than you should know anyways.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

The hiring and interview process was traditional. It included a screening interview over the phone with HR, followed by a number of interviews with the Hiring Manager, several team members and the Department Executive. The last set of interviews were in person in NYC, and MetLife did make the travel arrangements for a full day of interviews. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions regarding insurance operations and benchmarking / best practices.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

There were a total of 6 rounds, all were behavioral questions and project related. First was HR round, for which third party hiring team is used. Then 2nd and 3rd were technical, where a lot about the prior work experience and their projects were discussed. 4th and 5th were BBIs. If you live within the area then it would be in-person otherwise they are video interviews. Last round is with VP

No negotiation

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain

Simple

Sales Trainee Program Interview

I was initially interviewed on campus where I was asked why sales? I had no idea, but was able to sell my motivation to succeed the employer. She became a little condescending, giving me backhanded compliments like, "you have a great personality, but I'm afraid you aren't tough enough". It was strategy. I advanced to the final round of interviews where 8 people were interviewing for about 3-4 slots. We interviewed with 6 different people for 30 minutes each, then had to give a presentation on something we were passionate about. Between rotations we were asked to "hang out" in the conference room with the facilitators of the process- some lower-level employees who assisted in the organization of the program. They told us to get to know them and be ourselves, but I think they were watching us closely.

MTU Technical Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife in January 2015.

Applied online, via their website and my universities job board. I did a 30 minute phone interview, mostly behavioral questions. Then you take an online skills test. Then I was asked to do a final interview, I thought it would be with an actual person, but it was with a video conference with a manager. It was also pretty behavioral. No curve ball questions. After that I was given a presentation on the program, and later had lunch with some "pros" that finished the program.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to explain some analytic data to someone non-technical.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the biggest project you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you finished and any changes you would have made afterwards.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, generous offer