Michaels Stores

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Ocoee, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details Manager contacted me by phone months after I had applied. I told him I was only interested in full time. He said even though it was part time he could pay me more than where I am currently working (a competitor). I decided I would go ahead and set up an interview. Rushed over after finishing my shift and got there early. Took the toll road so I could make it on time. Manager was more than an hour late. He was out running errands. The only reason I stayed was because I had already come all the way across town and didn't want to reschedule. After telling me how important the position is and how it's a money maker for the store he told me again he could pay me more than what I was making. I'm paid right now 10.00/hr. He offered me 10.85. What a joke! I told him the minimum I would accept was 12.00/hr. That's what the florist who taught me was paid back in 1998 when I worked at another craft store.

Interview Question – He asked me how many arrangements I could make in a day.   View Answer

Phila, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details extended questions on floral processes and knowledge tests, including customer presentation for weddings, funeral work and special occasions. Online Application mandatory for all positions within company , including aptitude test. Once this is passed, in person interviews can happen. My prior work experience in floral design and sales management helped me get the initial interview. I would still recommend to make a person to person introduction at the store you want to apply for a position.

Interview Question – describe your worst experience with a customer and how did you resolve the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – depending for what type of position you are applying, previous experience in your chosen field is a definite plus and will have an impact on compensation.
I found Michaels to be very accommodating in regard to my life circumstances as well as monetary compensation .

Floral Designer

I applied in-person - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2010.

Interview Details they will ask for experience and how quickly you can produce pieces

Interview Question – would you turn in an associate if you knew they were doing something wrong   Answer Question

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!