Michaels Stores

264 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details I went through 2 phone interviews with HR. I was then set up with District Manager for formal interview. I was then waiting on my Background check . Entire process took 3 weeks before I was offerered a position.

Interview Question – Very simple interview. Standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Three weeks then I was offered position where I traveled to another state to train for 5 weeks. I was then flown to Dallas Tx for 5 days then placed in my store.

Moorestown, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details Called in for interview 2 months after applying. Initially started out as a seasonal employee and in January I was made a permanent employee. Asked about my hours availability and my experience. They were willing to train me on registers.

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details Online application, very easy, was called to come in the next day. One of the easier online applications I've filled out. The store manager interviewed me, it was short and sweet. Very basic questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Michael's?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details Called after completing an online application. In person interview was very basic and less than 15 minutes. Mostly to confirm that you will show up and aren't a total nutcase.

Interview Question – Everything was reasonable.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details I got a voicemail from the store and then when I called back they asked if I was still interested to work for them and then I replied yes and they asked if I wanted an interview and I replied yes again. When I went in for the interview everyone was very nice and they pulled me into the office for like 5 minutes explaining how they would train me and my pay and then they only asked who I knew that worked there and then what would I do with a customer who is cranky about only being able to use one coupon then she said they were offering me a job and got my info and gave me a training date.

Interview Question – There was only one question and it was super easy I barely had to think.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Estero, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details It was a very basic cookie cutter interview- Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to the team? What do you do in your spare time? How do you handle confrontation in the work place? Tell us about a time when you really shined at your previous job. Stuff like that, no curveballs.

Interview Question – There were literally no difficult questions. It was like they printed average interview questions from the internet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They were very blunt about their low pay and I needed work.

Naperville, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details Friendly interview, felt casual and they showed interest in my own interests and skills. They showed appreciation for the skills I had an offered that they wanted me to be working in framing.

Interview Question – They were all the usual questions, nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me a higher pay because of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2014.

Interview Details They sat me down and it felt more like I was chatting with a friend, and asked me why I felt I was prepared to work here. There were times when I felt that this interview was more of a getting to know you experience. I was extremely overqualified for the position but had recently been let go by my previous employer.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you have had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details Frist there is a math/comprehension test online that is more complicated than necessary. Two interviews for a position that I didn't apply for. A phone call to determine time then a basic interview with non personal questions.

Interview Question – Can you come into work at 3am and unload trucks for $8 an hour   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – 3am and not the position applied for

Sale Associate/Cashier Interview

Sale Associate/Cashier
Staten Island, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details call for an interview within a day or 2 from filling out the application on line. 5 minute interview with some really simple questions. Was offered a job right on the spot

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!