Microsoft

Updated 22 Jan 2015

3.1

206 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Applied through their on-line system after receiving an Information leaflet from my university's Placements team. Initial selection went smooth, however I failed one of the tests as I had only 48 hours of notice to familiarise myself with the subject matter (I basically received an e-mail with a link to the test and about two days to start the test).

Interview Questions
  • The test I failed was the Numerical Reasoning Test subcontracted from SHL. 24 minutes for 18 questions all based on interpreting graphs and charts and churning out the right numbers as fast as possible.
     The problems themselves were simple, the time was just brutally short.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Online tests, phone interview then assessment centre

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

I submitted my application through their website. They got back to me over 3 months (close to four months) later for a phone interview. I got an email a couple of weeks later saying I'd performed well in the interview, but that all of the spots for the internship they were considering me for were filled. It happens, but I was obviously very disappointed.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Phone screening

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2009.

They were looking for people with good transferable skills and adaptability rather than strong technical skills. Be friendly and open, and willing to admit when you're wrong or don't know something.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of logic puzzles within the interview, the one I remember was comparing the height of a body of water with a ship sitting on top of it, compared to the heigh after the ship had been sunk.   View Answer
    No negotiation involved.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Referred by a friend. Then received an phone interview invitation from an engineer. The interview was fine. Coding problems like two-sum, possible paths from top-left corner to bottom-right corner, etc. Some basic machine learning questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft.

There was a programming round and two programming questions were there. Then technical and hr round.In techical round the person asked a programming question and everything in resume.He asked some questions in java (very basics) and then asked about new technologies.

Intern Interview

I gave my resume to recruiters at a career fair and received an email a couple weeks later for an in person interview. They asked me a couple questions based on my resume as well as a few design questions. I thought the interview went well. However, I did not advance in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an alarm clock for a blind person?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied at my university career fair. Got an on campus interview call in a week. The interviewer asked 2 technical coding questions and was not concerned with the syntax of the code. Focus more on logic and efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a solution to a question and asked if its possible .
      Solution was is it possible to find if two strings anagrams by doing xor operation between them ?

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Microsoft.

Received an offered to my linkedin account. Organization of the phone interview was good. They called in time that I mentioned as the most convenient for me. The interview itself wasn't good. I've been interviewed by not experienced interviewer. He was asking questions like reading them from the paper and randomly, without taking into account my remarks about my strong sides and the things i don't know. Many questions related to concurrency and multithreading. In general everything related to Core Java. One question for logic: you have 9 the same balls, and only one slightly heavier, and scales that you can use only twice. Find the ball, which is slightly heavier. It was easy.
    Questions about the CV. What challenges did i have previously and how did i resolve it and something similar.

Since I haven't received any response for more than 2 months after the interview, it's obvious that i'm not accepted. Well, i think it's not professional, bcs candidates might wait for any answer, even without explanation in order to deal with other offers.