Microsoft

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

First round is an online application, followed by an online situational test looking at what you would do on certain situations. If you pass then you get a recorded video interview, followed by a Skype interview and finally an assessment centre.

Interview Questions
  • Would you describe yourself as business minded?   Answer Question
  • What's the difference between good and great customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I got a phone interview about half an hour. I was asked about some technical projects I have done (from my CV) and what was my role in a team, and some basic algorithm knowledge and logic puzzles, which are not hard. The process took about 3 weeks before I received the result.

Interview Questions
    • I was unexpected to be asked about thy way to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied through their on-line system after receiving an Information leaflet from my university's Placements team. Initial selection went smooth, however I failed one of the tests as I had only 48 hours of notice to familiarise myself with the subject matter (I basically received an e-mail with a link to the test and about two days to start the test).

Interview Questions
    • The test I failed was the Numerical Reasoning Test subcontracted from SHL. 24 minutes for 18 questions all based on interpreting graphs and charts and churning out the right numbers as fast as possible.
       The problems themselves were simple, the time was just brutally short.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Online tests, phone interview then assessment centre

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

I submitted my application through their website. They got back to me over 3 months (close to four months) later for a phone interview. I got an email a couple of weeks later saying I'd performed well in the interview, but that all of the spots for the internship they were considering me for were filled. It happens, but I was obviously very disappointed.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Phone screening

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2009.

They were looking for people with good transferable skills and adaptability rather than strong technical skills. Be friendly and open, and willing to admit when you're wrong or don't know something.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of logic puzzles within the interview, the one I remember was comparing the height of a body of water with a ship sitting on top of it, compared to the heigh after the ship had been sunk.   View Answer
    No negotiation involved.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Did not make it to the actual on-site interview. But I had an interview on campus where they asked situation questions such as like "when was a time..." Then usually technical questions following. Interview takes about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

I have applied in November. The first round interview is in February, I have received email one week before the interview. It is a group interview and all are university students.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Microsoft.

Terrible, seemed like she did not want to be there. The questions were hard for saying no experience needed and she was not very engaging. Overall after the interview the culture of the company was not a fit for me. Great company just not for me.