Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

157 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Applied through their on-line system after receiving an Information leaflet from my university's Placements team. Initial selection went smooth, however I failed one of the tests as I had only 48 hours of notice to familiarise myself with the subject matter (I basically received an e-mail with a link to the test and about two days to start the test).

Interview Questions
  • The test I failed was the Numerical Reasoning Test subcontracted from SHL. 24 minutes for 18 questions all based on interpreting graphs and charts and churning out the right numbers as fast as possible.
     The problems themselves were simple, the time was just brutally short.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Online tests, phone interview then assessment centre

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Microsoft.

I submitted my application through their website. They got back to me over 3 months (close to four months) later for a phone interview. I got an email a couple of weeks later saying I'd performed well in the interview, but that all of the spots for the internship they were considering me for were filled. It happens, but I was obviously very disappointed.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Phone screening

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2009.

They were looking for people with good transferable skills and adaptability rather than strong technical skills. Be friendly and open, and willing to admit when you're wrong or don't know something.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of logic puzzles within the interview, the one I remember was comparing the height of a body of water with a ship sitting on top of it, compared to the heigh after the ship had been sunk.   View Answer
    No negotiation involved.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

there was a aptitude round consisting of 15 questions on c/c++. second round was a coding round where 2 coding questions were asked. 3rd round was a telephonic round where he asked me general question about me and the projects that i had done then he asked me 3 algorithm

Interview Questions
    • one question was that a list of countries,states and cities are given along with their population you need to handle queries based on their population.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

A short MCQ round of 15 questions was held.Then a coding round of two questions was undertaken by us.
    Later after a few days the guys came to campus for interviews.After 2 or 3 rounds they selected the candidates. Students with good communication skills were selected after 2 round only.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a binary search tree in place in a sorted doubly link list.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Got an interview opportunity from career fair on campus and the interview was also held on campus. There were two questions. Both were pretty straightforward and the interviewer was very patient in explaining all the questions I had. My first code missed out a lot of corner cases. The interviewer was nice enough to point those out for me. I was able to correct them afterwards but still no luck for the next round.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

I handed in my resume during the career fair, and 3-4 days later, I received an e-mail, which asked me to sign up an 1-1 interview. The recruiter came to my school and interviewed me at career service. I was kind of nervous during the interview since it was my first technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Common interview questions. The technical one is "reverse words in a string". She also asked me if I like or dislike any Microsoft products and why.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

Was unsure about working for Microsoft, but I handed in my resume at the career fair anyway and got called for an interview the next day. The interviewer was very unprofessional. And when he asked and I described what I was looking for in a career, he took it to mean that I can't code (very false) and proceeded to a fifteen minute lecture on why coding was important. I lost interest in the interview soon after that.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly simple logic puzzle (because he assumed I couldn't code - even though my resume and I said otherwise).   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!