Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2015
Updated 3 Apr 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First round is an online application, followed by an online situational test looking at what you would do on certain situations. If you pass then you get a recorded video interview, followed by a Skype interview and finally an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as business minded?   1 Answer
  • What's the difference between good and great customer service?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview about half an hour. I was asked about some technical projects I have done (from my CV) and what was my role in a team, and some basic algorithm knowledge and logic puzzles, which are not hard. The process took about 3 weeks before I received the result.

Interview Questions

• I was unexpected to be asked about thy way to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through their on-line system after receiving an Information leaflet from my university's Placements team. Initial selection went smooth, however I failed one of the tests as I had only 48 hours of notice to familiarise myself with the subject matter (I basically received an e-mail with a link to the test and about two days to start the test).

Interview Questions

• The test I failed was the Numerical Reasoning Test subcontracted from SHL. 24 minutes for 18 questions all based on interpreting graphs and charts and churning out the right numbers as fast as possible.
       The problems themselves were simple, the time was just brutally short.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Online tests, phone interview then assessment centre

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I submitted my application through their website. They got back to me over 3 months (close to four months) later for a phone interview. I got an email a couple of weeks later saying I'd performed well in the interview, but that all of the spots for the internship they were considering me for were filled. It happens, but I was obviously very disappointed.

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screening

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England) in March 2009.

Interview

They were looking for people with good transferable skills and adaptability rather than strong technical skills. Be friendly and open, and willing to admit when you're wrong or don't know something.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of logic puzzles within the interview, the one I remember was comparing the height of a body of water with a ship sitting on top of it, compared to the heigh after the ship had been sunk.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation involved.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 2 rounds. The first round was the technical round. It lasted for around one and a half hours. The second round was the HR round. It lasted for about 30 mins, and was much more relaxed. I was asked 2 technical questions in the HR round, but they were much easier than the technical round.

Interview Questions

• How do you check if a given linked list is palindromic or not.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a great experience, the interviewer was really nice. Being the first interview I have had in a while, I was tripped up with the question. But, the interviewer gave timely hints and the process moved along smoothly and nicely! I would interview with Microsoft again!

Interview Questions

• Sorting Question? I don't quite remember. But it was very similar to merge sort.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Through campus recruiting. They had a coding competition, and had recruiters walking around listening to us. They asked for people's names later. I personally wasn't able to solve a problem, but I think they based it on the team collaboration. I gave my resume and was contacted for an interview 2 weeks later. The interview itself was at our university and lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Given a file system, how will you find and delete a duplicate file?   Answer Question