Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2014

3.1

175 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume through my school's career center. Contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer. Was notified via email a few weeks later that I was not selected for the final round in Seattle.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a challenging project you have completed   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

There were 5 rounds of assessment and I partook in 4. 1 CV check, 1 assessment centre and 3 rounds of interview. It was not that difficult but you are required to have good understanding and business sense. All the assessors were supporive, but other staff that were present at the office could come across as distant/ intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • There are questions regarding leadership and soft skills with HR. As you go further, more business-related issues are brought up.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

I spoke on the phone first, then went to the Foundry for an interview

Intern Interview

First round was purely algorithms and their improvisions. Did well in this round.
    Questions ranged from sorting to graphs to searching.
    Second round was interview, asked me to code and design algorithms, didnt do well, so couldnt go ahead

Intern Interview

Basic data structures and algorithm questions were asked and was asked to write code. Which language we choose to write code was up to me. Once the basic algorithm was implemented, then, the question's complexity was increased. One good habit is to think out loud as that helps conveying to the interviewer on how we approach the problem. Overall experience was good.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting complex questions, but the interviewer asked very basic algorithm questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Passed the first round on campus. Then they flew me to Bellevue, WA for on-site. 4 interviews back to back. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. The recruiter told us the result right after the interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just open technical questions that require a clear thinking process   Answer Question

Intern Interview

We talked about coding assignments. The interviewer asked about my background in coding. i said that I can code is JAva. He asked me a wuestion in Java. It was easy but a little difficult.

Intern Interview

First-round was medium difficulty.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Great people

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to code a program that draws a circle given a radius   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

I handed in my resume during the career fair, and 3-4 days later, I received an e-mail, which asked me to sign up an 1-1 interview. The recruiter came to my school and interviewed me at career service. I was kind of nervous during the interview since it was my first technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Common interview questions. The technical one is "reverse words in a string". She also asked me if I like or dislike any Microsoft products and why.   Answer Question