Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

157 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Basic data structures and algorithm questions were asked and was asked to write code. Which language we choose to write code was up to me. Once the basic algorithm was implemented, then, the question's complexity was increased. One good habit is to think out loud as that helps conveying to the interviewer on how we approach the problem. Overall experience was good.

Interview Questions
  • I was expecting complex questions, but the interviewer asked very basic algorithm questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

They ask general questions as well as some coding problems.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a C program to check leap year (if a year is a leap year).   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

We talked about coding assignments. The interviewer asked about my background in coding. i said that I can code is JAva. He asked me a wuestion in Java. It was easy but a little difficult.

Intern Interview

First-round was medium difficulty.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

I applied to the SDE internship position at my school's career fair and got a response a few weeks later. I spoke to the recruiter about possible graphics related jobs and he made it sound quite promising, even said "yep, we'll interview you." The interview itself was mostly behavioral questions like your greatest achievement, how would you use technology to change the world, etc. Only one technical question.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

Was held onsite in Bellevue. Four different people interviewed me, all associated with the Bing division. All were friendly except for one. Questions included:design a water bottle, how would you schedule tasks on a server. All in all, the questions were basic, but they spanned a large variety of topics. Coding on a whiteboard was required for the first two interviews. The last two were less tehnical and more "idea" based.

Interview Questions
    • Name four ways in which you could improve Bing search results.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2013.

Submitted resume to recruiter. Microsoft employee contacted me directly via e-mail asking if interested in spring internship. Through e-mail correspondence, coordinated a 1:1 skype interview. The interview began by telling about the project they were looking for an intern. Then the employee asked about background, skills, and asked what you wanted from this experience.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer wanted to know technical skills; however, didn't have clear defined problem to answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Microsoft.

30 minutes interview on school campus with just one coding question. Talked about some features specific to interviewers team and some of my past projects. Informed of advancing to final round 2 weeks later. Didn't here back for 3 weeks after that, so I emailed recruiter and was told there was a backlog of applicants, switched to SDET to accelerate the process. Had interview in Redmond 3 weeks after that (8 weeks since first interview). Final round was 4 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Fill an integer matrix in a spiral fashion. Starting in the upper left corner and going clock-wise, the next element should be one more than the previous.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

I was contacted after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair and asked to interview on campus. The interview took place on campus and lasted one hour. The interviewer was very nice and patient.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about finding the max sum sequence in an array. The question was very fair for my skill level.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft.

Emailed me to setup a 30 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What process would you go through to debug a keyboard?   Answer Question