Microsoft Interview Questions

4,122 Interview Reviews

3.3

Technical Graduate Stream Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England).

Interview

The process is fairly standard, consisting of:
    - Online application
    - Online tests
    - Prerecorded video interview
    - Skype interview
    + Assessment Centre
        - Team tasks
        - Team presentation
        - 1:2 interview (experience and soft skills)
        - Individual presentation
        - 1:2 interview (technical)

The Microsoft team were very friendly and the process wasn't as daunting as it may appear. My advice is to be yourself and show your passion for technology! A little revision on MS doesn't go a miss either.

Interview Questions

• Write a function or explain, how to traverse and display a binary tree in any language.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England) in April 2015.

Interview

A full day assessment at their Reading campus. The office is incredible and the employee's positive attitude makes you want to work there. Two long interviews, group tasks and 15 min strategy pitches to managers followed by an office your made up the full day. Highly valuable experience even if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your team leading experience.
      How do you motivate your team.
      What would you do to market a new product that didn't convince your team.

Contract Developer - WF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England).

Interview

After CV acceted via recruitment agency, had a phone interview shortly followed by in-person face to face with two developers in Reading. Heard back about a week later and started shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• C# code example on whiteboard   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1) Resume screening.
    2) Online assessment.
    3) Pre recorded interview.
    4) Technical Telephone interview.
    5) Assessment center.

Sent my resume with a bunch of questions. Frame answers well. The online assessment involves - situational questions etc, Pre recorded interview consists of 8 questions with about 20 secs to think of an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft? What value would you bring as an intern ?
      Any additional projects apart from academics?
      Describe a time when...?
      Other situational questions?

Hexadecimal of 20, Max value in 6 bits, Code to find the value of the fourth bit in a byte? OOP etc..

Invited to the assessment center.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole recruitment process was long and exhausting. There was a video interview where you record your answers to pre recorded questions that are played to you one after the other. Then theres a skype interview and after that the last step, the assessment centre. During the assessment you have to give a small presentation, a group exercise, then there are a couple individual interviews with two assessors. At the the end of the whole session they take you on the office tour along with other candidates and yeah you also get to meet other interns during the day.

Interview Questions

• Take an object or a picture of an object with you which describes your personality and give a small presentation.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First round is an online application, followed by an online situational test looking at what you would do on certain situations. If you pass then you get a recorded video interview, followed by a Skype interview and finally an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as business minded?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between good and great customer service?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview about half an hour. I was asked about some technical projects I have done (from my CV) and what was my role in a team, and some basic algorithm knowledge and logic puzzles, which are not hard. The process took about 3 weeks before I received the result.

Interview Questions

• I was unexpected to be asked about thy way to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

Interview

First was an online application that asked for my CV and to answer three questions. They were fairly normal questions; why I wanted to work there/what I could offer them, a time I'd stretched myself, and an achievement I was proud of.

Then I got invited to do a recorded video interview. It's a weird thing to do as it involves watching a video of a question, and then recording yourself answering it. The questions weren't too bad, but the majority I didn't see coming, I could see how they applied to Microsoft as a whole, but thought they'd be more HR related. There were six questions in total, 30 seconds to think about your answer, and 2 minutes to give your answer, but you don't need to use up all the time.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember the exact phrasing but along the lines of:
      - Whats the difference between good customer service and great customer service?
      - What made you apply to Microsoft?
      - Would people describe you as business-minded?
      - Whats a recent technological advancement that excites you?
      - What would you look for in a technology partner?
      - How would you handle an upset customer?

Talent Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

I only completed the first stage of the process - a telephone interview, which I felt went well, however I was informed 3 days later that I did not have as strong enough experience as other candidates. The person who interviewed me was lovely, and she gave me a thorough and in depth description of the role and her vision for the team. I would still love to work for this company and will continue to apply for suitable roles in the future.

Interview Questions

Interview

The process was very well streamlined. After a phone interview I got invited to the Dublin office with all expenses paid for several rounds of interviews during a single morning. Interviews were almost only purely technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What aspects should you consider when designing a website?   Answer Question