Microsoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Engineer Intern Interview

Service Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details Phone interview: questions from the resume, most challenging project, maximum lines of code written in one project, most comfortable programming language.

Interview Question – Asked my favorite technology and how will you describe it to your grandmother. Cleared the initial interviews, yet to give onsite interview.   Answer Question

Service Engineer Intern Interview

Service Engineer Intern
Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

Interview Details First submitted an application which gets filtered automatically into PASS/FAIL. Next met with a screener who just wanted to confirm that I could think. He asked a bunch of broad questions like describing a new product that I might make for Microsoft and then drilled me for details about the implementation. After passing that, I was flown out for on-site interviews through the gauntlet mentioned by others. It seemed more social than anything else. Everything was very conversational and mostly tested whether I could solve problems about scalability and what I thought of the Microsoft culture. Final interview was how to problem solve a technical problem with a non-technical person over the phone. This was followed by a string manipulation coding problem without using string functions.

Interview Question – How would you reverse a string without string functions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for an internship so there wasn't very much negotiation involved.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!