Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England

I applied online and interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.

Interview Details 2 online tests, telephone interview, interview with head of DCM and with 2 members of DCM team.

Interview Question – why are you here   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Intern (Derivatives Trading/Structuring) Interview

City of London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group in January 2011.

Interview Details Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (subsidiary of MUFG) were quick to respond to my application, sending me online tests after a couple of days (I applied at turn of year). After passing these, I had a phone interview 1-2 weeks after. The interview was very well balanced; a good 30-45 minutes to genuinely get to know you. Questions ranged from "why our institution", "why you", just a couple of competencies, one work-based comptetency, a couple of reasonable maths questions, a couple of reasonable economics questions ("what are two way that a bank raises capital", "explain what you know by the term QE" so nothing needing an economics degree), and a chance to ask questions. The assessment centre was around two weeks later, and like the phone interview held special emphasis on personality. In the morning was an investment game, in the afternoon a 1-1 interview. My experience of the people was that they were friendly, and the atmosphere outside of the interview group was still fairly friendly and relaxed. A few days after the assessment centre, I received a call asking me to come in for a final interview with the business area leaders who were interested in me. I had two interviews the day after and only an hour after I got home I got a call with an offer. My general experience was of a friendly HR team and friendly set of bankers. Successful applicants probably always have a positive bias, but for sure I felt their attitude at interview allowed me to come into my own.

Interview Question – Describe what happened to cause the financial crisis, in a couple of minutes, as if you were telling it, to say, your grandmother.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Internships aren't particularly negotiable - this was my first offer so I just took it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group interview questions and advice. All interview reviews are posted anonymously by Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group employees and interview candidates.