Moody's

89 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

EMEA Commercial Group Interview

London, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Moody's.

Interview Details 4 stages, by incompetent and not trained team members asking generic questions and not reacting to answers of interviewee

Interview Question – questions related to rating process itself (irrelevant as nothing to do with job spec for associates and very specific oligopolistic sector knowledge )   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very short as handled by recruitment agency

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Moody's

Interview Details 3 interviews with HR and the team. you have to take a numerical assessment and describe in few word (written) certain topics. The interview with the team is very focused on what's going on and what do you think (many "what would you dos")

Interview Question – What would you recommend the sr. management of "company A" to do to reverse current trend?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Moody's.

Interview Details Thorough Process. 4 interviews with Line Manager, Colleagues, HR and another part of the business. This was done in person and also via video conference with a colleague in another office. Unfortunately they would not condense the interviews so I attended the office 4 times. They showed little flexibility for the fact I was already working.

Interview Question – Is the concept of the rating agency dead? How would I manage you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary only revealed at final stage. Little room for negotiation. HR extremely slow in getting the offer to my agency and also in getting the paperwork done.

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Financial Data Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Moody's in September 2012.

Interview Details Rather timeconsuming process, had to take half day off work twice:

First stage:
2 x interview with 2 people from different teams
Tests - accouting, essay

Second stage:
1:1 interview with an Analyst
HR interview

Interview Question – Explain me the reasons behind the current situation in the European Union.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

London, England

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Moody's.

Interview Details Two managers were late for the 40 minute interview. One left after 20 minutes, saying she had a meeting to attend to (Time management issues?). I did not get the job, the reason being "insufficient knowledge of capital markets". How can they have deduced that when during the whole interview, the only technical question asked was to define a rating? Nothing else close to capital markets. [In case anyone is doubtful, the interviewer who remained did say that my definition was correct.]

Interview Question – Most useless closed-end questions: Do you think you can do/help us to do...? Of course, anyone sensible would reply positively.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Analyst - Banking Interview

London, England

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Moody's in May 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview + assessment center (group presentation, then accounting, numeracy and writing tests, 2:1 interview)

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself informed?   View Answer
  • Can you talk about one of the major trends affecting the banking sector?   View Answer

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Financial Data Analyst
City of London, England

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Moody's in April 2012.

Interview Details After being rejected for Client Services, I was invited for an Assessment Centre regarding an Analytical role for Moody's Investors Service.
The schedule of the day: an Accounting Test + an essay/article to be produced about the recent economic events (1.30h for the two tasks) + 2 interviews (45’ each).
The Test was not very difficult: divided in 2 parts (one for corporates’ balance sheet/financial statements, one for banking institutions), the exercises were similar: for example, classifying items in assets and liabilities and completing a simple balance sheet.
Then, a series of two 2:1 interviews with other Financial Data Analysts and the Managers followed. Both "teams" wanted to check my technical accounting skills, like the understanding of a balance sheet of a corporate/bank regarding the riskiness of their businesses. No competency-based questions were asked, but I have to say they were the most aggressive interviewers ever met.

Accounting is not my major and I had got the invitation email about 30 hours before the AC (no real time to make an accurate revision), so I wasn't that surprised that they didn't offer me a job (they called me back about 10 days later), since "other candidates performed better than you in the test and interviews".
However, the company left me an extremely positive impression.

Interview Questions

• Is it more risky for a bank having more mortgages or bonds/marketable assets in their balance sheet?   Answer Question
  • Task: Interviewers gave me a balance sheet+financial statements with two years' value for a bank.
    After 2-3 minutes: "Have a look and tell us what you can say about this bank"
      Answer Question
  • If you have to evaluate the business of a retail bank, what would you look in the balance sheet/financial statement?   Answer Question

Marketing Strategist Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Moody's in March 2010.

Interview Details I was invited to interview with a prospective boss for the position. She described the details of the role and asked questions about my professional and personal experience, specifically details about the work I've done that fit with the role they were offering.

Questions ranged from specific problems I worked on, which I was asked to descrive in details, as well as my personal goals in this position, specifically to see if my goals fit with with the demands set by the role.

I was asked several times to define the terms that I used, such as "leadership", "strategy", "recommendations", etc.

Interview Question – What do you mean by "leadership"?   Answer Question

Content Interview

New York, NY (US)

Interviewed at Moody's

Interview Details I applied online and heard from HR very quickly. After their initial phone screening, I had a phone interview with the hiring manger followed by an in-person interview. Then, radio silence. HR didn't respond to a follow-up email and never closed the loop, which I thought showed a lack of professional courtesy.

Interview Question – The interview covered approach and process, though not in an overly challenging way.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Moody's.

Interview Details Quick, efficient, very general

Interview Question – Name most important performance ratios   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moody's

Worked for Moody's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Moody's interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Moody's employees and interview candidates.