Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details 1 telephone interview, 3 face to face interviews and a case study to understand how the candidate thinks in a particular situation. The process took almost two months to complete from the time i applied via a recruiter to the time when the final offer was made.

Interview Question – Business case involving how to build a solution on a Business Unit request   Answer Question

Director, Operations Interview

Director, Operations

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied for a Temp contract, the application process involved submitting a C.V then being interviewed as part of a generic group the phone interviewed by the hiring manager. After being taken on and working as a Temp for 6 month I was taken on full-time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you failed to meet a deliverable and how did you communicate this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, look on the salary slide to determine where best you think you can pitch on experience by grade.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
Glasgow, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Interview Details Applied through agency, got shortlisted and invited for an interview with VP and Sr. Associate. Interview lasted for 45 minutes covering areas from personal achievements to professional experience. Also, they were keen to judge my knowledge about the company

Interview Question – there wasn't any which was real difficult. those were standard competency based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No i didn't

Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details The prescreening process includes an online application (with two exams- a logical and a quantitative). After you have been successful with your application two phone interviews will follow. The questions asked are quite general and prompt for your motivation (both the company and this department), relevant experience, etc. Try to be very specific and provide examples. The final step of the process is an on-site assessment centre, which consists of 2 half-hour interviews with executives and team leads, a group work and a case study. Once you have been invited to the assessment centre you have to be extremely well prepared as the interviews can get quite specific about the chosen area, the company, your past experience and skill-set. Having relevant examples is a must!

Interview Question – How many horses are bread in the United Kingdom?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate anything. I was so happy to receive the offer that I didn't really cared what my package included.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details 2 Phone Interviews with an analyst and an associate in its real estate investment banking division, 1 Face to Face Interview at its office in Canary Wharf, Assessment Centre (Case Study, FT exercise, 3 interviews)

Interview Question – Would you invest in UK real estate market?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details fairly same. you need to complete verbal, numerical and checking error test. it was followed by a telephone interview. finally it was an assessment centre which consisted 2 competency based interviews. each was carried out by 2 managers. after that i had an group exercise with your fellow candidates.

Interview Question – what was the most difficult task you have done?   Answer Question

Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Assessment centre in Glasgow - two 45 minutes competency questions interviews and group work which was a business case debate

Interview Question – nothing difficult - the phone interview had an interesting one though: explain a complicated concept in simple words   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales and Trading Intern Interview

Sales and Trading Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details Two 20min phone interviews with junior level employees - one a commodities trader, the other an equities trader. Started with standard competency questions - then became quite technical. Both quite informal and felt like more of a chat.

Interview Question – How would you hedge a trade on the Yen ?   Answer Question

Fund Services Summer Analyst Interview

Fund Services Summer Analyst
Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Interview Details Online testing, surprise short telephone interview, scheduled long telephone interview, assessment centre consisting of two interviews and a group exercise.

Interview Question – Describe a time you found a weakness in something and improved it.   Answer Question

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Middle Office Analyst
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2010.

Interview Details Was approached by a recruitment agency with a job spec for a role supporting the Exotics desk. The interview was quite late at night in their offices and the hiring manager looked haggard and worn. The role was to cover for maternity leave with potential of staying on after that depending on the business growth. I provided feedback to the agency the next day and was offered the role the day after.

Interview Question – They were mostly situational type questions (how would you deal with different circumstances, etc.) but one stuck out: With stock options, how does the risk of a put differ from that of a call when they are close to expiry?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had an alternative offer from another IB the same day and they upped their offer once they knew MS's rate

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!