Morgan Stanley

1,221 Interview Reviews

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

1st round was a mixture of standard behavioural & technical questions - why Morgan Stanley, various valuation techniques. Generally friendly
    2nd round was much more aggressive. The interviewer asked me about recent deals that I have followed & was digging into detail for which I wasn't that prepared. After that the interviewer asked me about a couple of valuation technique questions and ended the interview abruptly.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the three valuations gives the highest estimate and why?   Answer Question

UK Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Applied online after speaking to a recruiter at university recruitment fair.
    Had an hour long telephone interview 3 weeks later which had questions on my interest in technology, finance and Morgan Stanley. Also covered principles of OOP, some Java features and SQL database questions. Interviewer was nice and helpful.
    Invited to an assessment centre, later that day, for the next day which would have included a group exercise, two 40 minute technical interviews and one 40 minute interpersonal interview, however I was unable to attend.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 3 fundamental concepts in OOP?   View Answer

Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

After online application, they responded within 2 weeks. A technical phone interview was scheduled where they mainly discuss things related to your CV and from there it escalates quickly.
    Its usually a 30-40 minutes interview.
    They start with asking about the programming language you are comfortable with and then the questions are based on that and depending on how you answer the difficulty level increases.
    In the end you are given few minutes to ask any questions about the company, role, etc.

Technical Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

4 hour Assessment centre with 2 technical interviews, 1 interpersonal and 1 group. They asked about everything on my CV, was generally very well planned out and pleasant. There was 30 mins break inbetween each interview and a meeting with the CEOs of the company

Interview Questions
    • Please explain to me how the hardware of the PC translates to your program   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Markets and IB London Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

After having pased 3 rounds of compentency telephone interview each lasting c. 30 min, I was invited for a office interview split in 2x 30min. The questions were mainly CV related and I was asked to justifie every intership/ work experience and what I learned from it. Other questions were relating Extrecuricula activities where I showed a leadership role. I was called a view days after the interview and got my invite to the AC. The AC started with a numerical test, followed by a case study. The case study was about an acquisition and candidates had to chose the best fitting target. I presented the result in an individual interview to a senior banker. After that I had a group case study which was about the same company but we now had 5 potential targets (instead of 2 at the individual case study). We presented our ranking of options and justified each. After that I had 2x 30min interviews. All questions were compency based. A few technical questions came up about Multiples and DCF but nothing too difficult.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

All very pleasant and professional. I applied online and completed a numerical test before being invited for a telephone interview. This was followed by a few one-on-one interviews in person.

Operations Analyst Interview

The hiring process for Morgan Stanley Glasgow Operations Analyst is as follows. Online application, followed by online tests including a numerical test, a verbal test, and a quick 2 minute same/different test. If you score well on those, you will move on to a phone screening. During this you will be asked why the company and why the role. I was asked what my salary expectations were and after I told the lady, she immediately said that the job pays significantly less than the $75k that I was looking for. She asked if I wanted to continue and I said absolutely. She then scheduled for me a phone interview for 2 days later. That interview consisted of about 4 questions, and I was asked to use the STAR method to answer them. Appx 1 week later I was called and told that I did a very good job and impressed the operations person that I spoke to. We then scheduled an assessment center date for around 2-3 weeks later.

Summer Analyst Interview

let you know what they are doing, and then walk you through your cv by asking you some questions in more details. Like talk about your projects, or check some basic c++ concepts.

Summer Analyst IBD Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I have applied online in October by uploading my cv and cover letter, I was asked to complete psychometric tests, more exactly numerical and logical. After waiting, I have been invited to a phone interview in December. I have waited for the result for more than average due to the Christmas period.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly would you do in an IBD internship? Talk about one of Morgan Stanley's clients and details about transactions made.   Answer Question

Operations Placement, Glasgow Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Application form with 4 questions. Verbal numeric reasoning which were fine. Then you also had a same/different checking test which was abit annoying and impossible to do if you are not blessed with eagle eyes.

Phone screening 2 weeks after that. Was surprised I got a call as I didn't really give the application much thought. Seems like they are desperate for people, it's been 1 month since the deadline and the application is still open.

The actull phone interview is the basic boring teamwork stuff and all. I don't know what he was trying to get out of it but when I asked him to rephrase the sentence he would do it but ask me a different question, insisting it is the same one ( leaving me even more confused ) . Wasn't intrested in what I had to say nor his job, which effected my confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you showed commitment to risk management ( rephrased to : tell me about a time you didn't agree with an order). Enjoy!   View Answer