Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
1,041 Interview Reviews

3.2

Analyst Interview

Standard - online application consisted on CV and manually entering in data. Then online psychometric tests, there was one numerical but I think this depends on your division. Then interview in person at MS office with two members of the team. They ask you standard competency questions and also can ask some technical depending on the division.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

I submitted an online application form (just CV and Cover letter). Next, I was invited to a telephone interview, and it was very technical. I was asked some simple valuation questions, but then questions suddenly got significantly harder. In addition, I got couple of fit questions, for example team work, leadership and walk me through your CV.

Summer Analyst Interview

The process was the typical for a big IB: numerical and verbal test, telephone interview, in-person final interviews etc...
    The questions in the telephone interview were very strange and the analyst who asked them was clear about the fact that they were just given to him but he thought they were stupid.

Interview Questions
    • Question: "A car is going fast on a road. There is a man in the middle of the road. Due to a major blackout, all the lights in the street are not working. The car battery has a problem so its lights don't work either. There are no emergency battery-powered lights etc...
      However, the car avoids the man in the middle of the road. How/Why?
        View Answers (2)

Assistant Vice President Interview

1 telephone interview, 3 face to face interviews and a case study to understand how the candidate thinks in a particular situation. The process took almost two months to complete from the time i applied via a recruiter to the time when the final offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Business case involving how to build a solution on a Business Unit request   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

fairly same. you need to complete verbal, numerical and checking error test. it was followed by a telephone interview. finally it was an assessment centre which consisted 2 competency based interviews. each was carried out by 2 managers. after that i had an group exercise with your fellow candidates.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Assessment centre in Glasgow - two 45 minutes competency questions interviews and group work which was a business case debate

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult - the phone interview had an interesting one though: explain a complicated concept in simple words   Answer Question
    none

Sales and Trading Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Two 20min phone interviews with junior level employees - one a commodities trader, the other an equities trader. Started with standard competency questions - then became quite technical. Both quite informal and felt like more of a chat.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

cv, covering letter and 4 application questions followed by 3 online tests,. then a telephone interview followed by an assessment centre (2x 45 mins interview & group task)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

after you apply online, give 2 online tests numerical and vrbal reasoning after a 1 month got back to me with an invitation to telephone interview quite straight forward interview mainly motivation / competency based

Investment Banking & Global Capital Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied online and after successfully passing the online tests I was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was a mix of competency based questions and technical corporate finance questions. After successfully passing the phone interview process I was invited for interviews in London. There were 3 interviews back to back. I was on a group of 12 applicants and the interviews were taking place at the same time in a big working space with cubicles. The interviews were mainly with executive directors and mainly competency based. There were some technical questions and brain teasers. I am confident that the interviews went well. However after one and a half months of waiting and receiving HR emails that my application is still under consideration I got rejected. The main negative aspect of my experience was the extremely prolonged process,1,5 months for the first two rounds and another 1,5 months waiting to get rejected!

Interview Questions
    • Why would a valuation based in comparable comps analysis might be lower in value compared to a transactions comps valuation? As I am not studying finance and my theoretical knowledge in corporate finance is limited I faced difficulties in this question.   View Answer