Morgan Stanley

Updated 25 Nov 2014
1,088 Interview Reviews

3.2

Business Services Interview

Telephone interview with two people followed up by a face to face with the same two people at their HQ in London. Both didn't seem to understand the actual objective goals of the person that they were trying to hire, that is to say, they didn't really know what the person would be doing to help them progress with their programme of work and they didn't understand the knowledge and experience that was required for that person to do the job that they were being hired to do. After the second interview, it took nearly a month for them to complete their hiring process, doing credit checks and CRB checks, etc and verifying work history for the previous FIVE years. All for a THREE MONTH contract!

No negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Invited to do phone interview after applying online and completing numerical reasoning test. First phone interview was fairly standard and actually quite enjoyable - it was done with a more junior employee who was more interested in what I knew rather than what I didn't know. Second phone interview was with a Vice President - much more difficult. Always probing for follow up questions and gave little in the way of feedback. Always make sure to have your follow up answers prepared!

Interview Questions
    • No stand-out questions that were particularly difficult - all technical questions were standard DCF and WACC questions. The most difficult aspect of the interview was being asked to go into further and further detail. Lesson learned is that if you're planning on bringing something up, make sure you know it inside out.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

Divided into 3 phases following tests. 1st round two phone interviews with analysts in IBD team, 2nd roundone phone interview and one face-to-face. Last roundassessment centre. Only made it to the 2nd round and all my interviews were conducted by people with the same nationality as me, even though I was applying to London Office.

Interview Questions
    • How will the financial statements be affected if I do an adjustment in the company's depreciation. Walk through it.
      Why isnt interest payments included in FCF calculation.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

Submitted online, waited for 2 weeks before phone interview with analyst. During the interview it was a mix of technicals and fit questions about my background. Interviewer was really friendly and really nice. Ask me my interest in the division I was applying to and asked me to walk through my CV. Also had a brain teaser at the end. Waited for 2 more weeks before getting invited to face to face interviews in London

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

1st round telephone interview conducted by an analyst. He was friendly and helpful in terms of explaining to you the correct answer where you got a technical question wrong. Total of 14 questions. 5 straight forward competency (why ms, why ibd etc) and the rest technical (accounting and valuation related).

Analyst Interview

Standard - online application consisted on CV and manually entering in data. Then online psychometric tests, there was one numerical but I think this depends on your division. Then interview in person at MS office with two members of the team. They ask you standard competency questions and also can ask some technical depending on the division.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

I submitted an online application form (just CV and Cover letter). Next, I was invited to a telephone interview, and it was very technical. I was asked some simple valuation questions, but then questions suddenly got significantly harder. In addition, I got couple of fit questions, for example team work, leadership and walk me through your CV.

Summer Analyst London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

Submit an application online with a cover letter . If you are successful you are invited to a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview you are invited to attend an assessment centre consisting of a number of one-on-one interviews, written tests, an individual presentation and a group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • How have you solved a complicated problem with a simple solution?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

The process was the typical for a big IB: numerical and verbal test, telephone interview, in-person final interviews etc...
    The questions in the telephone interview were very strange and the analyst who asked them was clear about the fact that they were just given to him but he thought they were stupid.

Interview Questions
    • Question: "A car is going fast on a road. There is a man in the middle of the road. Due to a major blackout, all the lights in the street are not working. The car battery has a problem so its lights don't work either. There are no emergency battery-powered lights etc...
      However, the car avoids the man in the middle of the road. How/Why?
        View Answers (2)

Assistant Vice President Interview

1 telephone interview, 3 face to face interviews and a case study to understand how the candidate thinks in a particular situation. The process took almost two months to complete from the time i applied via a recruiter to the time when the final offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Business case involving how to build a solution on a Business Unit request   Answer Question