Motorola Mobility Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

phone call and a bunch of tests

easy

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

first got a phone interview ask me things about the resume and projects that i have done and check with my background,then wait for about a week. got an email to schedule an onsite interview time. then onsite interview which took about 4 hours with 5 persons. and then wait several days and receive an offer.

salary

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2011.

I'm actually kicking myself a little for not landing this job. As far as questions go, they were almost all softball/undergrad level questions. I had 6 interviewers, 4 from managers and 2 technical, 5 of them were polite and professional. The last one was a technical interviewer who looked quite unhappy to be interviewing me and would often interrupt and talk over me when I was trying to answer him. Considering it was the 6th hour my interview process, I would hope he would give me some time to write out my answers. However, before I could finish, he would often lean over and begin to cross out and write over my answers. At one point he said, "if you claim to have learned JAVA, then you should know singleton classes." This, to be honest, was a bit hurtful as it felt as though he was attacking my credibility and intelligence. When he attempted to explain it to me, I felt as though he couldn't give a good example as he tried to state something about using a private modifier when I believe he was trying to mention the keyword static. Overall, I liked the experience. One out of six interviews was not difficult, but unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Switch the nth digit of a binary number. Ex. for 1101 if you switch the 3rd digit it becomes 1011.   View Answer
    • The typical 12 objects, 1 with different weight question.   View Answer
    • What is a singleton class.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on site interview with staff members.
    Mostly questions on wireless technologies CDMA, Embedded systems, rtos, c and c++.
    staff is very knowledgeable and do not provide feedback during interview.
    Job offer at the door via fedex two days after interview. HR is super fast if hiring manager and team give the thumbs-up

Interview Questions
    • What is a context switch and give an example   View Answer
    Yes, negotiaded more stocks in lieu of signing bonus

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2011.

what deblocking filter have you used?

Interview Questions
    • There are three images. What parameters do you use to determine the sharpest one?   Answer Question

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2009.

Pretty easy

No negotiations.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2008.

Pretty novice interview process where one of the interviewer didn't even show up. Asked basic questions about my Resume and experience

Interview Questions
    • Analog design, Board design, Digital design   View Answer
    Non negotiable!!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2008.

First had a phone interview with basic Computer Science questions. Got invited to an on-site interview the next week which consisted of 1:1 interviews with some of their engineers. Everyone was very friendly and offered water before the interview took place.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2007.

This initial phone interview was not a difficult. During on site interview lots of questions came up regaqrding SW process improvement, test. Most of the interview was very technical. On several occasion was asked to explain technical details using white board
    This particular job was related to Linux/android operating system for their new models of handset and demand lots of travelling to customer sites as well.

Interview Questions

Lots of travel requirement.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!