Mueller Water Products

Updated 21 Feb 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mueller Water Products

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mueller Water Products in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR called me within a few days and I had an in person interview around 6 weeks later. After the interview I sent a follow up email thanking them. The HR person(Saia) immediately responded and told me to send travel receipts so I could be reimbursed. I was paid pretty quickly however that is the last I ever heard from them. As I type this it's been over 4 weeks since the interview and I haven't heard a word. I'm assuming they went with another candidate(which is fine) but the fact that they will not return my emails or provide any feedback is rude and unprofessional. If this is a reflection of the type of company they are then I'm very thankful I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to estimate how many cats are in the world, and you couldn't use the internet, how would you find your answer? This was the only odd question. The rest were pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mueller Water Products (Decatur, IL (US)).

Interview

Very good and to the point. No dumb questions or tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't one. In 2005 faxed my resume, got called, interviewed, accepted job. Worked there almost 4 years, loved it!

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mueller Water Products in August 2012.

Interview

Got interview call through recruitment agency. Worked theri as a temp and they offered a permenent full-time based on my hard working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Prerrty good

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mueller Water Products (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

A phone interview was not done, as they were well into the interviewing process we went to the inperson interview. I was interview by three people in rotation. The CIO, HR, and a contractor / consultant working on the IT project. The interviews were done in a very professional manner, no trick questions trying to trip me.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for a company after running your own company for several years?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mueller Water Products in January 2010.

Interview

Interview process lacked proper organization and detail level. Some managers in the interview process were not even aware of the position I was interviewing for . The interview schedule was not properly followed causing a lot of idle time sitting around, one particular manager told me up front he had to leave and the 5 minutes we spent together he answered at least 3 phone calls. ( I came from out of town ). The floor people I got to spend time with were very professional and spoke highly about the company, Most of the people I spoke to have more than 10+ years of service with the company. I wasn't really impressed with the organization or the follow up after the interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   1 Answer