NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015
Updated 10 Apr 2015

2.8

Service Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Standard format no major surprises. Initial video interview thereafter a face to face. Advised HR would contact me within a couple of days.
    The issue was I never had any feedback even after chasing HR and hiring manager multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience of having to release someone from their role.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual, straightforward, and the questions were relatively easy. I was surprised that it was 1:1 interview. One person makes an entire decision- it doesn't look very objective or professional to me. Also the HR was unorganized so I heard nothing for over two weeks. There was no phone number or anything from the HR email either. The whole process was clumsy and I had not a good impression about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your stakeholder experience. How would your colleagues evaluate you?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy and messy! The whole process lasted over 3 months and in that time I had a telephone interview and four face-to-face interviews! Very little candidate management throughout and the feedback that I received at the end was minimal (admittedly the recruiter apologised for this). Just a complete waste of time and anyone less patient would have dropped out of the process much earlier.

Interview Questions

• The approach varied... either just chatted through my career history, or was asked specific questions on skills and experience - this was tough as the job descriptions provided were so vague.   Answer Question

Acquisitions Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England).

Interview

One of the worst interviewing experiences of my life. I applied through website initially and forgot all about it as it was so long before I received a response. I then received an email from a PA inviting me to interview. Naturally, I was delighted as this really was a dream job for me. I attended the interview which was fairly informal, relaxed and friendly. It could not have gone better. I was really pleased and excited and was told I would hear back regarding a second interview in approx. a week.

This is where NBCUni really started to let themselves down. I heard nothing for weeks. I chased the manager who interviewed me, I chased HR and nothing... no one responded to my multiple emails and voicemails. I had all but given up hope when I received an email from HR asking if I could attend an interview the following morning. This was near impossible with notice given as I had a number of important meetings that I could not reschedule at such short notice. I quickly explained this to the HR manager and supplied a number of other options.... Again I heard nothing. I called him over and over and over again to discuss but he never called me back or responded to my email.

He finally, sent me an email the following morning (after my allotted interview time) to imply there would be no further interview slots available. I felt very let down as if he had got back to me or I had managed to speak with him prior to this I would have done whatever it took to make the interview... even if that meant damaging my relationship with my current employer. He said he would get back to me and keep me updated with any progress. Which, of course, he hasn't done. I can only assume the position has been filled and I have missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity thanks to the incompetence of the HR team.

Interview Questions

• Give me three negative words your friends would use to describe you. Now give me three negative words your boss would use to describe you.   1 Answer

C2C West Coast Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and then got an email telling me that I got a web interview. It was recommended to complete the interview within 48 hours. It was kind of weird talking to myself, but they gave a practice question "tell me about yourself" that you could do before. You could redo and watch yourself answer this question as many times as you wanted, but you couldn't watch back any of the actual interview questions. You had 30 seconds to prepare for each question and then an allotted time to answer the question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with basic questions about my GPA and background before a timed video interview that allowed a practice round before the answers were actually recorded. The questions were timed and the time varied by question, ranging from 30 seconds to 1:30. The questions from the practice round were the same as the real round, but the order varied.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Very smooth. Applied online, a month later, got a call from HR to set up phone interview. Once the phone interview passed, HR called again for an in-person interview. Then I got the internship after 2 months.

Manager - Digital Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

All involved were very welcoming, very forthcoming with information regarding the position, the team, and the work environment. I met with five different members of the team in the span of three hours.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of something you had a chance to create as a solution to a problem?   1 Answer

Digital Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

met with my interviewer and answered basic questions about the position and my previous experience. everyone that i had met with was very friendly and made it a great environment to be in. interviewing process was very stress free and laid back. the questions were not hard to answer at all

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a generally positive experience with the Page Program hiring process, the only frustration being its duration. I applied in June online, video interviewed in July, participated in an in-person panel interview in August, and heard back 9 weeks later in November. Once getting into the program there is an additional wait because you can only enter when a current Page leaves. The program administrator was generally very responsive and nice, answering emails promptly (besides within that 9 week period). At the panel interview, I got a similarly pleasant vibe from the other interviews and employees. I would suggest researching the program and company thoroughly online before your interviews, and a poised, well-articulated presentation seemed better received than theatrics in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would implement to improve the company?   Answer Question