NBCUniversal

2.8

Acquisitions Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

One of the worst interviewing experiences of my life. I applied through website initially and forgot all about it as it was so long before I received a response. I then received an email from a PA inviting me to interview. Naturally, I was delighted as this really was a dream job for me. I attended the interview which was fairly informal, relaxed and friendly. It could not have gone better. I was really pleased and excited and was told I would hear back regarding a second interview in approx. a week.

This is where NBCUni really started to let themselves down. I heard nothing for weeks. I chased the manager who interviewed me, I chased HR and nothing... no one responded to my multiple emails and voicemails. I had all but given up hope when I received an email from HR asking if I could attend an interview the following morning. This was near impossible with notice given as I had a number of important meetings that I could not reschedule at such short notice. I quickly explained this to the HR manager and supplied a number of other options.... Again I heard nothing. I called him over and over and over again to discuss but he never called me back or responded to my email.

He finally, sent me an email the following morning (after my allotted interview time) to imply there would be no further interview slots available. I felt very let down as if he had got back to me or I had managed to speak with him prior to this I would have done whatever it took to make the interview... even if that meant damaging my relationship with my current employer. He said he would get back to me and keep me updated with any progress. Which, of course, he hasn't done. I can only assume the position has been filled and I have missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity thanks to the incompetence of the HR team.

Interview Questions
    • Give me three negative words your friends would use to describe you. Now give me three negative words your boss would use to describe you.   View Answer

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview process was positive. I made it through three rounds of interviews for a role in Los Angeles, and while I was not selected for the role, I felt very good about my interaction with HR and the hiring manager. The overall process lasted about 3 weeks. I received frequent updates from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • I was emailed by the hiring manager 3 hours before my second interview and asked to prepare a sales presentation for a national client that I would present before a panel of interviewers. It was stressful. Fortunately, I was able to produce a compelling presentation that was very well-received.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Basic online application followed by phone-interview. Phone interview consisted of general questions, such as "Why NBC?" and "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" Overall experience was great and I was kept well-informed throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • What are your 2 best strengths and weaknesses? Basic resume questions predominately   Answer Question

Labor Relations Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Well the issue came in even trying to schedule the interview. They scheduled a phone interview first and then NEVER called at the time. It was rescheduled 6 times, before I wrote corporate. Very Unprofessional

Sales Assistant Interview

Once you passed the 1st screen, you will receive an email requesting a video interview. I think the HR will contact you directly once they feel you are the right person of the position, but might have interview in person after the video ones.

Position Interview

Behavioral Skype Interview along with recent events on the Company. Make sure to do your research beforehand and show interest in the company. It was a very short recruitment process and interview before receiving an offer so make sure you are prepared to make a good impression. Overall a easy interview compared to other finance positions.

none

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Filled out online application. A couple weeks later I got an email from HR telling me to do an online video app (which was very interesting, nothing I've ever done before) then about a week later I got an invite to a hiring event from HR. At the hiring event we were all split up into groups based on which show was interested in you. Then you had a one-on-one interview with their hiring manager. Then, a couple of days later I was asked to have a phone interview with the operations manager of the show. A little over a week later I got an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what are the top 3 news stories going on today? What type of cameras did you use at your last internship?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Took us out to a dinner that had only 2 recruiters for about 30 candidates. The interview had two interviewers. The questions were mainly behavioral. It took them over three weeks to get back to me about my results. Overall it was extremely unprofessional and the HR lady was rude and unaccommodating. My emails were never answered.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the changes in the structure in the recent years?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2014.

I first interviewed at a conference which went well, pretty casual questions and good vibes. After that I had to do a video interview ( which apparently is supposed to be first). I thought it was awful since you are using a video tool and are given a question and then timed to record your answer. I much rather talk to someone than watch myself talk on webcam. However I answered the questions fairly well i guess. Lastly I was given a phone interview which was also pretty short and casual. Overall it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the last time you thought out of the box and how did you do it   Answer Question

Ad Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Very straightforward, asking about my resume and experiences. And interests with regards to the company. Questions including Why NBCUniversal? What are your favorite NBCUniversal properties? What are you passionate about?