NBCUniversal Interview Questions

2.8

Acquisitions Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

One of the worst interviewing experiences of my life. I applied through website initially and forgot all about it as it was so long before I received a response. I then received an email from a PA inviting me to interview. Naturally, I was delighted as this really was a dream job for me. I attended the interview which was fairly informal, relaxed and friendly. It could not have gone better. I was really pleased and excited and was told I would hear back regarding a second interview in approx. a week.

This is where NBCUni really started to let themselves down. I heard nothing for weeks. I chased the manager who interviewed me, I chased HR and nothing... no one responded to my multiple emails and voicemails. I had all but given up hope when I received an email from HR asking if I could attend an interview the following morning. This was near impossible with notice given as I had a number of important meetings that I could not reschedule at such short notice. I quickly explained this to the HR manager and supplied a number of other options.... Again I heard nothing. I called him over and over and over again to discuss but he never called me back or responded to my email.

He finally, sent me an email the following morning (after my allotted interview time) to imply there would be no further interview slots available. I felt very let down as if he had got back to me or I had managed to speak with him prior to this I would have done whatever it took to make the interview... even if that meant damaging my relationship with my current employer. He said he would get back to me and keep me updated with any progress. Which, of course, he hasn't done. I can only assume the position has been filled and I have missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity thanks to the incompetence of the HR team.

Interview Questions
    • Give me three negative words your friends would use to describe you. Now give me three negative words your boss would use to describe you.   View Answer

NBC Digital Sales Planner Interview

Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Very straightforward, interviewers were very nice. Lots of questions about former roles and future goals. I felt as ease the entire time. First two interviews are over the phone, and then I was asked in twice to the office to meet with future team members. Last interview is with HR

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Universal City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.

Executive Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

I applied in June on the NBCUniversal C2C Website. After almost 2 months, I finally heard back and was asked to participate in a video interview. The link to the interview would expire within about 5 days. I did the interview and the interface was a bit complicated. The interview consisted of 7 questions; for each question you were given 30 seconds of preparatory time and 2 minutes to answer. If, at the end of the interview, I was unhappy with the results, I had one chance to redo the entire interview. A week later, I was emailed that I was being considered for the Executive Office Internship. The next day, I received an email directly from the executive offices staff to schedule a phone interview. The interviewers were very nice and spent about half of my 20 minute interview telling me about the position that I was being considered for. A little over a week later, I got a call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about NBC Sports?   Answer Question
    • What professional or academic accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a school or work-related project were you in charge of and how did you handle those responsibilities?   Answer Question

News Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

I was first sent a link that with instructions on how to take the video interview. During the interview, I had to record my responses to five questions. And for each questions you get 30 seconds to prepare, and then one to two minute to respond.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied through employee referral and heard back the next day from HR. Set up a brief informational interview with HR for one week later. When the time came for the phone interview, HR kept pushing it back by an hour because of problems arising in the office. Finally when came time to interview, it aws very brief, just a few basic questions and then we scheduled an in person interview with the department. After the in person interview I was told a decisions was being made "soon" and I would hear back "soon." After a week and a half, I followed up with HR and expressed my continued interest and was told they were finalizing a final round of candidates and I would hear back "soon." After not hearing anything for a few weeks I figured I didn't get the position and finally two months after my initial phone interview I got a generic email that the position had been filled.

C2C West Coast Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied through the website and received an email for a VIDEO interview. I don't care for these type of interviews bc talking to a camera makes me nervous. Not sure if I will make it to the next round, because I'm not good at video interviews. I would have preferred a phone interview. They will let you take the interview again if you're not happy with the first one.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are going to be a good fit at NBCUniversal and C2C? What's the best environment you prefer to work in?   Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

Digital Position Interview Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Overall, the the interview process was pleasant, until we reached the references portion. There the process became one of the worst I've dealt with in recent years.

One of my references flat out refused to be used (didn't understand why then, now I totally get it) due to their apparent historical 'abuse' of references, which was news to me. Not sure how an HR group could put a sour taste in an external reference's mouth. But apparently it has happened.

They require two out of four of your supervisors be used as a reference. Which is fine, but in taking a small poll, most people from my industry do not keep in close contact with their past bosses. Not close enough to use as a reference.

A day after I provided the needed rank and number of references, the position description/duties changed and I was no longer in consideration. So my references, were probed for basically nothing.

I'm confident my references gave glowing reviews, so I'm certain they weren't lying about the last minute position change. I'm also assuming the department I was being considered for doesn't really have their act together. I dodged a bullet and at this time, I recommend you saving yourself from this department for the next year or so. At least give them time to figure out their structure.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you'd change the department or make a mark in your first 30 days in this position.   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!