NBCUniversal Interview Questions

2.8

Acquisitions Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

One of the worst interviewing experiences of my life. I applied through website initially and forgot all about it as it was so long before I received a response. I then received an email from a PA inviting me to interview. Naturally, I was delighted as this really was a dream job for me. I attended the interview which was fairly informal, relaxed and friendly. It could not have gone better. I was really pleased and excited and was told I would hear back regarding a second interview in approx. a week.

This is where NBCUni really started to let themselves down. I heard nothing for weeks. I chased the manager who interviewed me, I chased HR and nothing... no one responded to my multiple emails and voicemails. I had all but given up hope when I received an email from HR asking if I could attend an interview the following morning. This was near impossible with notice given as I had a number of important meetings that I could not reschedule at such short notice. I quickly explained this to the HR manager and supplied a number of other options.... Again I heard nothing. I called him over and over and over again to discuss but he never called me back or responded to my email.

He finally, sent me an email the following morning (after my allotted interview time) to imply there would be no further interview slots available. I felt very let down as if he had got back to me or I had managed to speak with him prior to this I would have done whatever it took to make the interview... even if that meant damaging my relationship with my current employer. He said he would get back to me and keep me updated with any progress. Which, of course, he hasn't done. I can only assume the position has been filled and I have missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity thanks to the incompetence of the HR team.

Interview Questions
    • Give me three negative words your friends would use to describe you. Now give me three negative words your boss would use to describe you.   View Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was a simple interview process. Very relaxed and laid back. Asked about what was on your resume. If you had experienced. And talked a lot about some past experiences. Talked about education. Why I'm interested in the position. I interviewed for film finance internship.

Interview Questions
    • How specific did your relevant experience help you and that you think can bring to this internship   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

There is lack of communication between HR and the applicant. It can take months before you hear back. It would be nice to at least receive a system generated email informing you that you did not get the position. (This is standard for most large scale companies)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Page Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interview process was discouraging. The first step, an introductory phone call, was the basic hiring questions that come from your resume. For example, tell us about your previous work, etc. The next interview was unexpected. I was asked to do a web cam interview. It would seem straightforward, but I found the web cam to be extremely impersonal. I was disappointed by this step.

Interview Questions
    • Sell NBCUniversal to potential clients in 1.5mins or less.   Answer Question

NBC Digital Sales Planner Interview

Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Very straightforward, interviewers were very nice. Lots of questions about former roles and future goals. I felt as ease the entire time. First two interviews are over the phone, and then I was asked in twice to the office to meet with future team members. Last interview is with HR

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I received an email and two phone calls, promptly after my application informing me that I was accepted for an online interview. After a series of non-timed questions appeared on the screen before the interview. The actual interview recorded me answering three questions over webcam. I was able to redo my interview once before submitting it. Two weeks later, I followed up and learned that this pre-interview is used to send out to different applicable departments within the studio.

Human Resources/Talent Acquisition New York Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2014.

I interviewed for a New York City opportunity within HR/Talent Acquisition. The recruiter lead approached me on LinkedIn but was based in California and would be my direct manager. I was grilled and belittled in conversation about my background when this person had more moves in their career than I did. Talk about a negative connotation! This person contacted me initially and would be my manager. You would think they would want to attract the talent as opposed to turn them off. I did my best to remain composed and professional with a disregard to this person's apparent anger over the phone.

Interview Questions

Although I did receive an offer, the tone was set on the phone that this person has no management experience and will be condescending if we worked together. I've been in this industry for a long time to read people's behavior and either they themselves are not happy or something is going on with the department. Overall, I am unhappy that I wasted my time and missed out on an opportunity with such a large firm due to a bad seed.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2014.

Applied to the position online and was contacted by a coordinator. I was scheduled for an interview with a recruiter located in the Bay Area and was provided to a link that had a deck to their company's culture. There were some interview schedule mishaps, so by the time I connected with the recruiter, she seemed disinterested and fairly dismissive. During the course of the interview she did not refer to the extensive desk I was requested to become familiar with.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.