NBCUniversal

164 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Acquisitions Executive Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details One of the worst interviewing experiences of my life. I applied through website initially and forgot all about it as it was so long before I received a response. I then received an email from a PA inviting me to interview. Naturally, I was delighted as this really was a dream job for me. I attended the interview which was fairly informal, relaxed and friendly. It could not have gone better. I was really pleased and excited and was told I would hear back regarding a second interview in approx. a week.

This is where NBCUni really started to let themselves down. I heard nothing for weeks. I chased the manager who interviewed me, I chased HR and nothing... no one responded to my multiple emails and voicemails. I had all but given up hope when I received an email from HR asking if I could attend an interview the following morning. This was near impossible with notice given as I had a number of important meetings that I could not reschedule at such short notice. I quickly explained this to the HR manager and supplied a number of other options.... Again I heard nothing. I called him over and over and over again to discuss but he never called me back or responded to my email.

He finally, sent me an email the following morning (after my allotted interview time) to imply there would be no further interview slots available. I felt very let down as if he had got back to me or I had managed to speak with him prior to this I would have done whatever it took to make the interview... even if that meant damaging my relationship with my current employer. He said he would get back to me and keep me updated with any progress. Which, of course, he hasn't done. I can only assume the position has been filled and I have missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity thanks to the incompetence of the HR team.

Interview Question – Give me three negative words your friends would use to describe you. Now give me three negative words your boss would use to describe you.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Coordinator Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied to a job in the Fall of 2013 but was still in college so I wasn't eligible. However over the year I kept in touch with the HR recruiter over the year. In April 2014, I reached back out regarding positions. HR scheduled me for two interviews with two separate managers one day. After those interviews I heard back within a few hours that I was invited to a second round. Went back into the city the following day, interviewed with two other people and then was offered the position a few offers later. One of the best and easiest interview processes I've ever had.

Interview Question – All questions are pretty standard. Show an interest in the company and have some questions to ask at the end of the interview. Be yourself!   Answer Question

Deals & Strategy Intern Interview

Englewood Cliffs, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2010.

Interview Details Phone & In Person Interview. Process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

East Coast Page Program Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details The new platform to replace phone interviews is very easy to use. I did not have a problem with anything, and I could do the interview on my own time outside of traditional office hours, which was really nice.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you were given vague directions and how you responded in that situation.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2013.

Interview Details I had applied through the university career site and was called onsite for interview. Four rounds of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your opinion on Team work and is it good for personal career development?   Answer Question

Manager Finance Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2011.

Interview Details The first round of interviews is via telephone with HR. Once the candidate has successfully passed that round, they will be invited in for multiple interviews in one day, which is much more preferable than the common practice of making a candidate come back for several rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – I find the most difficult question to be the critique of one's self regarding his or her weaknesses. It's a bit of a trap, as there aren't many satisfactory answers.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Production Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, heard nothing. Found a recruiter on LinkedIn who passed along my information to her boss. Was contacted by the head recruiter the next day for a phone interview the following day. Chatted for 15-20 minutes on the phone, was asked my preferred area to work in, was told that my info was going to be passed along to that department and they would contact me from there. However, if I didn't hear anything from them, I was to email my interviewer, who seemed like she really wanted me to get an internship.

Not sure if my info was actually passed along, but I never heard anything from any department. My attempts to email the recruiter went mostly unanswered, and ultimately I did not end up with an internship offer.

Interview Question – The questions were just a basic run down of my background and who I knew in the company.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2012.

Interview Details The interview process by NBCUniversal includes a range of questions including behavioral, technical, situational as well as general company knowledge. The process is usually between 20 and 30 mins, but this is not correlated to the success or profess of the interview itself. All in all the preparation for NBC is the key! Know all about the business, especially the sector in which you're interested.

Interview Question – TELL ME A SITUATION IN WHICH YOU FAILED AND HOW DID YOU GROW FROM IT?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and received a call about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks after actually applying.

Had a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes regarding my skills and background.
This led to an in-person interview with three people from management. I was called back for a second round interview with VP and HR.

Had an overall positive experience and the recruiter was very helpful throughout the process.

Interview Question – All questions were standard and pertained to the position.   Answer Question

Digital Traffic Specialist Interview

West Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied during early December 2013 and received an email 1 month later from a recruiter requesting a 30 min phone screening. The phone screening with the recruiter was basic and went over the usual introduction points.

I was then scheduled for 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager at the West Los Angeles office. The interview was very laid back/casual, lasted the scheduled 30 minutes, and consisted of very cliche interview questions:

1. Why do you want to leave you current company?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. Why NBC Universal?
4. Can you learn new software quick?

I did not get selected for a 2nd interview, but was not kept in the loop by the recruiter which made for a negative hiring process.

NBC Universal recruiters: Please communicate better with candidates that are not selected.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions, I did most of the question asking. The interview was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NBCUniversal

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NBCUniversal interview questions and advice. All 164 interview reviews are posted anonymously by NBCUniversal employees and interview candidates.