NBCUniversal

2.8

Acquisitions Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

One of the worst interviewing experiences of my life. I applied through website initially and forgot all about it as it was so long before I received a response. I then received an email from a PA inviting me to interview. Naturally, I was delighted as this really was a dream job for me. I attended the interview which was fairly informal, relaxed and friendly. It could not have gone better. I was really pleased and excited and was told I would hear back regarding a second interview in approx. a week.

This is where NBCUni really started to let themselves down. I heard nothing for weeks. I chased the manager who interviewed me, I chased HR and nothing... no one responded to my multiple emails and voicemails. I had all but given up hope when I received an email from HR asking if I could attend an interview the following morning. This was near impossible with notice given as I had a number of important meetings that I could not reschedule at such short notice. I quickly explained this to the HR manager and supplied a number of other options.... Again I heard nothing. I called him over and over and over again to discuss but he never called me back or responded to my email.

He finally, sent me an email the following morning (after my allotted interview time) to imply there would be no further interview slots available. I felt very let down as if he had got back to me or I had managed to speak with him prior to this I would have done whatever it took to make the interview... even if that meant damaging my relationship with my current employer. He said he would get back to me and keep me updated with any progress. Which, of course, he hasn't done. I can only assume the position has been filled and I have missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity thanks to the incompetence of the HR team.

Interview Questions
    • Give me three negative words your friends would use to describe you. Now give me three negative words your boss would use to describe you.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I met an employee through campus event. He referred me to the NBC HR Director. I was invited to participate in a group panel interview with about 12 other candidates. The mediators asked questions, and the candidates were required to answer among ourselves. Then, we were given a written current events quiz. I received an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • It was a group panel interview, with 2 mediators. There were about 12 applicants in the room. Mediators asked questions and watched us answer among ourselves.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Be organized and specific in what you want. People want to see someone who has goals and heading towards that direction. Come a little bit before your scheduled time. Make sure to have a copy of your resume on hand and an extra for the hiring manager. Have a list of questions to ask about the job after the interview. Never leave the interview without asking some questions.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, You take what they offer in that department.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Emails, calls and then in person. Through word-of-mouth I found out about the opening, applied, spoke to HR and interviewed in person. Once my boss spoke to my temporary boss, the deal was sealed and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • To continue even though there was a candidate in mind.   Answer Question

Desktop Engineer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2015.

The interview process was the department manager and 3 subordinate engineers. It was a standard IT group interview, however, it was left to the lead engineer to conduct the discussion and questioning. The other engineers and manager only occasionally interjected with their questions or comments. It was a fair, if uninspired, process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me where you'd like to be in 5 years?   View Answer

An IT role from another organization was more appealing.

Creative Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I was first contacted via email. The 2nd interview was with the head of the department I'd end working. The 3rd step was with some of people that worked at the department. Lastly I met with HR.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises. The hiring manager kept the questions straight forward   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online, video recording interview, slightly awkward because you are talking only to yourself. A month later contacted to go in to do an in person interview. Interview was pretty average the interviewers were very nice.

Senior Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Manager and Tech lead interviewed me at same time. The technical questions were very basic. They asked me to walk through my resume and asked behavioral questions. I answered everything well, both tech questions and behavioral ones and I was fully qualified for the job in terms of experience and skills and education. I got an email after a week of followup - that they have chosen a candidate closely aligned to the position .

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

First contacted for a video interview and given 2 days to complete. very quick and straight forward, 6 questions. All the questions were listed on here already except - what does team work mean to you and how do you view yourself in a team (something along those lines). About 2 days after I submitted it i got an email from HR about my availability for an interview. Went in 2 days later to meet with 3 account executives where they told me about the position and asked a few basic questions - why media sales? tell me about your resume. how did you work in a team at your last company? how do you manage your workload on a typical day?
    pretty quick and straight forward. you need to know show that you're a team player, take initiative and don't need to be babysat.
    Next stage is w/ Hiring manager and dept. head. Surprisingly more relaxed - more of a conversation along w/ a few behavioral questions.

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied online. HR called and was clueless. Met with a few employees that barely seemed to understand why they were interviewing. Everyone was nice, but you could tell they didn't have their stuff together.