NBCUniversal

Getting the Interview

38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Traffic Specialist Interview

West Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied during early December 2013 and received an email 1 month later from a recruiter requesting a 30 min phone screening. The phone screening with the recruiter was basic and went over the usual introduction points.

I was then scheduled for 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager at the West Los Angeles office. The interview was very laid back/casual, lasted the scheduled 30 minutes, and consisted of very cliche interview questions:

1. Why do you want to leave you current company?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. Why NBC Universal?
4. Can you learn new software quick?

I did not get selected for a 2nd interview, but was not kept in the loop by the recruiter which made for a negative hiring process.

NBC Universal recruiters: Please communicate better with candidates that are not selected.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions, I did most of the question asking. The interview was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Facilities Operations Manager Interview

Burbank, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted by a recruiter after getting my resume submitted internally. Had an initial interview over the phone going over my experience. Interview was conducted in a very professional manner by the recruiter who was very thorough in getting to know me so that the proper position could be found. Was contacted again the following week for an in person interview. Awesome environment with very passionate people that work there especially in the upper management levels.

Interview Question – What requirements of this job would you find most difficult to complete?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Question – What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Page Interview

Burbank, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 9 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Question – Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Writer/Producer Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Interview Details Mainly spoke with HR over the period of several weeks, multiple phone and in-person interviews. Spent only a brief time interviewing with the department supervisor, whom I would end up working with every day of my employment, but quite a few hours with various HR people who I'd never speak with again.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- they made their offer and I could accept or decline.

Director, Business and Legal Affairs Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2009.

Interview Details Initially met with the heads of the department. Thereafter met with most members of the department. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult. The interview process was lengthy because I was given the opportunity to meet with potential future colleagues. Each one asked different types of questions.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2012.

Interview Details Very friendly and personable, seems like a wonderful company to work for that one would enjoy going to work to every day. Process consisted of basic behavioral questions, nothing to difficult. Need to show a passion for entertainment and finance. Consists of one interview, then they rank their applicants. Two weeks later, they call you to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked, just basic behavorial. Make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Interview Details Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Question – No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Interview Question – What do you know about NBC Universal?   Answer Question

Master Control Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Interview Details Initial interview was with a recruiter with whom I was given a brief tour of the facility and had discussion about possible positions. I then had another similar face to face with an area recruiter which covered much of the same material. I eventually had an interview with a hiring manager, roughly 20-minutes. Questions were basic about the job, a bit more pointed about personal interactions.

Interview Question – A series of questions regarding planned career path. Where do you expect to be 5 years...10 years?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NBCUniversal interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by NBCUniversal employees and interview candidates.