NCsoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
Brighton, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NCsoft in May 2009.

Interview Details After a positive application response, the process consisted of a phone interview then lead to an on-site interview. Only one interview was conducted on-site and lasted for a couple of hours, with a couple of written tests.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult, but a fair amount had subtle meanings to detect a personality profile.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was required as the contract was pretty standard and the pay corresponded to the average salary for the position at the time.

Senior Interactive Designer Interview

Senior Interactive Designer
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NCsoft.

Interview Details Their recruiter found me via LinkedIn and gave me a call. After speaking for a short period of time I stated I was interested and I believe we set up a time for an in-person team interview and I came in for about a 3hr long interview (i.e. typical portfolio review and hours of talking to the team) and afterwords I left. On my way out of the building I got a call with an offer and accepted. Pretty simple.

Negotiation Details – I told them what I wanted and they said, "okay".

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NCsoft in December 2011.

Interview Details It was pretty straightforward. Had a few phone calls and an in person interview.

Interview Question – What makes you better than others at your job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple (at the time).

Game Programmer Interview

Game Programmer

The process took a day - interviewed at NCsoft in September 2011.

Interview Details 1. resume
2. technical interview
3. personality interview

Interview Questions

Environment Artist Interview

Environment Artist
Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NCsoft in August 2010.

Interview Details -Applied online after seeing an opening for an environment artist and included a link to my webpage
-Contacted by the company for a phone interview
-Went into the studio for a formal interview (about 6 hours long) with reps from all disciplines
-Given an art test (1 week deadline)
-Offer made to me via phone

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you went through to complete the work seen in one of your portfolio pieces.   View Answer
  • What brings you to this studio given that you are still gainfully employed?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accepted offer closer to family in Seattle.

Worked for NCsoft? Contribute to the Community!