NCsoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
Brighton, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NCsoft in May 2009.

Interview Details After a positive application response, the process consisted of a phone interview then lead to an on-site interview. Only one interview was conducted on-site and lasted for a couple of hours, with a couple of written tests.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult, but a fair amount had subtle meanings to detect a personality profile.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was required as the contract was pretty standard and the pay corresponded to the average salary for the position at the time.

Senior Interactive Designer Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NCsoft.

Interview Details Their recruiter found me via LinkedIn and gave me a call. After speaking for a short period of time I stated I was interested and I believe we set up a time for an in-person team interview and I came in for about a 3hr long interview (i.e. typical portfolio review and hours of talking to the team) and afterwords I left. On my way out of the building I got a call with an offer and accepted. Pretty simple.

Negotiation Details – I told them what I wanted and they said, "okay".

Anonymous Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NCsoft in December 2011.

Interview Details It was pretty straightforward. Had a few phone calls and an in person interview.

Interview Question – What makes you better than others at your job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple (at the time).

Game Programmer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at NCsoft in September 2011.

Interview Details 1. resume
2. technical interview
3. personality interview

Interview Questions

Environment Artist Interview

Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NCsoft in August 2010.

Interview Details -Applied online after seeing an opening for an environment artist and included a link to my webpage
-Contacted by the company for a phone interview
-Went into the studio for a formal interview (about 6 hours long) with reps from all disciplines
-Given an art test (1 week deadline)
-Offer made to me via phone

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you went through to complete the work seen in one of your portfolio pieces.   View Answer
  • What brings you to this studio given that you are still gainfully employed?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accepted offer closer to family in Seattle.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NCsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCsoft interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews are posted anonymously by NCsoft employees and interview candidates.