NPD Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.4

Associate Marketing/List Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NPD in August 2014.

1 week after my online application, I had phone interview and she (HR) asked me about my experience. She was fine. She asked me my availability for face to face interview at the office. I did follow up email and reminder email but never heard back from her.
    It would be just nice to email candidate that they chose someone else. Knowing nothing is worse than receiving a rejection.

Account Associate Interview

It was of three steps, the first one with the HR: generic question about CV and motivations. The second one with the team manager: more specific questions about the job and what NPD offers. The third with a senior manager: generic question

Operations Associate Interview

Phone interview and in person

Market Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NPD in March 2014.

Similar to the other interviews, I had an initial phone screening from a New York recruiter after sending my resume in. I was told I would receive a follow up later that day or the next day to schedule the second round of interviews. I never received a follow up. After 3-4 days I emailed the recruiter, and was told she would be in touch with me as soon as she had more direction. It’s been over 3 weeks, and I still haven't received a response.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just a more detailed look at my background, and questions on how strong my analytical skills are.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NPD in February 2014.

Based on some of the other interview experiences detailed for a position comparable to the one I was interviewing for, my experience seems very similar. Received an email from HR asking for a phone screening. A week later, I had a standard phone screening asking me to describe my background in more detail and giving me a briefing of the role. Was told by the HR associate that I'd be recommended for the position to the hiring manager and would be receiving a follow-up communication within the next week or so with the next steps. After the time had passed with no communication, I followed-up and received a very brief email saying that I'd be hearing back soon from her or someone else in HR. Never heard back despite being told I was in line for the next phase of interviewing. Overall a very unprofessional experience, in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Just general questions about why I was applying for the position and how my background applied to the specific job requirements for the role.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NPD in November 2013.

Got a really quick phone interview with a hiring director, asking about some background information. Then had a on site interview with the hiring director. About 3 days later, met with on the hiring manger and EVP of Operation Department.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are about who you are, what you like and what is your future career plan. No difficult technical questions. All the questions focus on behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Washington, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NPD.

The hiring process was straightforward. There was an initial phone screen and then one or two on-site interviews. The process moved along fairly rapidly.

Interview Questions
    • There were no "trap" questions. Most interviews were fairly conversational, and focused on the type of work NPD is engaged in.   Answer Question
    There was no meaningful negotiation.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Washington, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NPD in June 2013.

Had aphone interview and went well. i got called 3 weeks later for an in house interview. i called back the next day and the hr person sounded frazzled. they said they would call me back. i called later that day and left message. finally they called back and they called me days ago and they hired some one else. talk about fibbing.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NPD.

Multiple phone interviews and in person discussions

Interview Questions
    salary was flexible, benefits were not

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at NPD.

First contact was a screening call. Interviewer asked me to explain several areas of my resume and asked if I was comfortable with the job description.

Next was an in-person interview with a second HR representative and then 2 members of the team. Each session was 30-45 minutes long, and questions were aimed at finding my level of comfortability with the role.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time when you were in a situation with an individual you didn't get along with? How did you handle the situation?   View Answer
    Wasn't able to negotiate much because I was starting out of college.

Worked for NPD? Contribute to the Community!