National Church Residences

National Church Residences Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr 2015

2.3

Activity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Church Residences (Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their recruiting specialist. I had to take an online personality test. I then had two interviews with their Life Enrichment Coordinator. I was told I would be notified one way or another if I was going to be offered the job. It has been over a week and I still haven't heard anything.

Chaplain Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

The process took an absurd amount of time. There was months between contacts and disjointed thought process between staff and others. Finally, make it to the final interview where its narrowed down to four people and told and a personal answer would be given with two weeks. However, it was almost a month later and the answer came in the form of a letter. This a great company and the people involved in the interview process were outstanding. However the delays in notification and communication were very slow and frustrating. Although I did not receive the position, I know the company chose the best person to fit their needs. The interview questions were well developed and inquisitive.

Interview Questions

• Would I live on the campus?   1 Answer

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Got called by one Senior Service Coordinator and then interviewed with the manager of the location, who told me I had the job and then had to back-track with the Senior RM told her she could not offer it to me without permission. Changed compensation on me from the manager to the Senior RM's offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation, they tell you what they are going to pay and you have to take it

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Found the position on Craigslist. Contact was made within the week, which turned into a brief phone interview. Formal interview was scheduled within a week of the call. Interview was very casual, yet engaging. I didn't feel as though I was getting the third degree. Conversation was based on the position, what the position entails, how I was qualified and a glimpse into a day in the life.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a most difficult question because the interview really just flowed like a conversation, however, still stayed on topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not get what I requested, but I was high balling. The offer was slightly lower than I wanted, but not unreasonable.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA (US)

Application

interviewed at National Church Residences (Kennesaw, GA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied on line just by sending a resume. I never completed an application. I had a telephone interview and then and online computer assessment. The assessment, which I did pass, consisted of 35 questions. Many of them were about the parts of a computer and storage media devices which I thought was strange because it was suppose to be an assessment of Word, Outlook and Excel. I was then sent to their clients, two property managers that had no clue as how to conduct an interview. The candidates were not fairly vetted.

Interview Questions

• All the questions from beginning to end end were standard: Tell me about yourself. What are you a good fit for the position, What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

LPN-Charge Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Was given a phone interview, 2 interviews with higher up nurse and then interview with DON. Hired at the last interview with DON

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about acuity of residents and multi-tasking. Also on taking charge of nurse aids. Prioitizing. The interview went good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered 15.00 an hour, after 1 ear of service i would hae 1.00 raise. At my one year review they gave me a 45cent raise bc 1.00 was not in budget anymore.

Maintenance Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at National Church Residences (Spokane, WA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

3 round face to face interviews taking up all sorts of time they are paranoid about their workers so they will ask you background questions galore.
    the job is so easy painting and cleaning a 10 year old can do it. So they dont even worry about that part.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stolen money for an elder or placed their life in jeopardy by messing with their drugs.   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH (US)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at National Church Residences (Upper Arlington, OH (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

When I first walked in I was not impressed by the professionalism. The staff was dressed informal all three office visits I had and the office furniture was shabby in the waiting areas. The interviews were easy with standard interview questions. The interviewers were very friendly and enthusiastic. They had been very persistent with follow-up calls and emails which seemed like a good sign. However, after a 4th interview the head of HR told me a date they would be making the decision and that I would be informed either way. I was never contacted and my follow-up attempts were continuously ignored. After a 4th interview I would expect at least a rejection email or some common courtesy after going through 1 phone interview and 3 office interviews.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

After responding to ad or post for employment , expect a delay in response so patience is required, keep sending your interest. Initial phone interview telling a bit about yourself and your past experience and why you are interested in the position. Pretty standard and relaxed phone conversation depending on the manager. Computer literacy test will be the next step and is pretty standard and basic knowledge of word, excel, etc. Interview at individual site where the position is and with the director of that location. Mine was relaxed and informative and not at all like a "normal" interview. Expect a wait after this interview again dependant on the NCR management, mine took about 3 weeks to hear the results and be offered a position. If offered a position another wait while mandatory drug test is recieved and results reported. From interview to hire notice about a month and half. Add another month from interest in position and inital sending of your resume. Long process but worth it if hired. There will be a half day training and mine was totally irrelevant to my site. Dress for interview at site should be informal business.

Interview Questions

• None, all expected or standard why do you want to work for National Church and what are your strongest assets you would bring to the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a not for profit company and salary is based on grants and budgets of individual sites so there isn't realy a negotiation phase.