National City

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National City.

Interview Details Hired thru recruiter: Recruiter negotiated initial terms. NCC HR interview 1st. HR representative was very friendly and helpful. Two interviews with IT staff and managers. Interview was not too technical, but not ignorant of the facts and characteristics needed to be revealed.

Interview Question – I do not recall specifically.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate either slight increase in salary or additional week of vacation.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Business Banking Officer
Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National City.

Interview Details One personal interview then a group interview

Interview Question – None, standard questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – based on salary and health benefits which were both above the smaller bank I was currently empoyed at

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Interview Details Got a phone call from Branch Manager. Got a call from HR that I was hired.

Interview Question – Why do you think you will be good for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She gave the pay and I agreed with it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National City in February 2008.

Interview Details called by recruiter and passed phone screening, and then set up an interview date with manger and assistant manager and district manager. was asked questions about previous work experience and also questions about my personality and reasons I chose to apply for that position.

Interview Question – Why did you quit your last job?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National City in January 2010.

Interview Details phone interview. recruiter asked several questions about my background... 30 minutes max.

Interview Question – None, standard question -- reviewing my background and experience   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Interview Details Very relaxed interview. The phone interview was over before I realized it began. Be prepared to articulate your experience working with excel/access.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Collector I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National City in August 2008.

Interview Details First, I filled out a survey on the internet. This wasn't too long - mostly questions about past experience, associates that are currently employed, and any fraud related crimes. Next was the 1:1 interview which consisted of HR type questions and relevant success stories. Overall, an easy interview with little question as to whether or not I would be offered the job.

Interview Question – Describe an instance where your felt challenged and overcame obstacles to succeed?   Answer Question

Retail Development Associate Interview

Retail Development Associate
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National City in April 2008.

Interview Details Overall pretty good interview experience. I initially got the interview by applying through my college's website, and then had a phone interivew followed by a weekend long interview process. The phone interivew was a typical behavioral interview, so definitely good to be prepared beforehand.

The actual in person interviews were conducted over a weekend, with a group of people. The first night consisted of a cocktail party, and then the formal interviews the following day. Expect to interview with at least 3 hiring managers throughout the process.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Market Financial Analyst Interview

Market Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National City in January 2010.

Interview Details Great culture and people to work for. Very upfront in regards to position and what is expected.

Interview Questions

Teller Interview

Teller
Bowling Green, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at National City in December 2009.

Interview Details Recruitor phone interview asking basic questions about experience
1 on 1 with bank manager- went well call back same day asked to second interview next day
second interview with lead teller and bank manager- no call back or feedback
interview went very well

Interview Questions

• Tell about experience with cash handling   View Answer
  • Tell about experience with sales or cross sales   View Answer

Worked for National City? Contribute to the Community!