National Grid - UK

www.nationalgrid.com

National Grid - UK Interview Questions

2.7

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at National Grid - UK in January 2012.

Written application, followed by a day of assessment centre. AC was a 1.5 hr interview around competency and compnay questions. Also had to do a presentation exercise

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at National Grid - UK in January 2008.

Slow process and very easy interview, they'll hire everything from a supermarket cashier to a carpenter thinking they can turn them in electrical engineers after 2 week training course

they'll always try to offer the minimum, the interview structure is so bad that they're unable to tell between a good and bad candidate, you can get an extra 5% if you ask for

Senior Analyst Interview

Was relatively easy because I did my interview so long ago. I am just trying to see what's going on with the company and this website insists I provide information that's not relative to what I'm trying to do.

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National Grid - UK in January 2014.

the company appears to have great benefits and the people are very friendly

Interview Questions
    • What value can you add to National Grid?   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Grid - UK in April 2013.

Terrible - it took a few months just to get me into the system. And they gave VERY limited options for taking the mandatory drug test (which was told to you at the very last second).

Interview Questions
    • What would make you work harder than the rest of your co-workers?   Answer Question

Mechanical/Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Grid - UK in April 2013.

interviewed by a hiring manager and an engineer together, asked six very formal STAR questions. They took notes when I was talking. Questions including:

Most challengeable task you have ever done.

Irreasonable&/or impossible task

What if your work has been plagiarized by others?

How do you motivate others

How do you get accustomed in a new working environment?

How do you work well with others?

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time when your work has been plagiarized by others.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Grid - UK in April 2009.

National Grid seems like a great company to work for. I was offered an interview which I was a little nervous about at first because it's not exactly what i was looking for in a job but was pleased to find out about their great open-culture, great benefits, and performance bonus'. Before the interview I did my research about the company and was pleased to find out that this company seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to overcome difficulty.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Grid - UK in March 2009.

The actual interview was what you would expect. There were some behavioral questions and a few broad technical questions. Interview went fine and was told I would be contacted with decision in two weeks. Didn't hear back for a month and when I contacted them to inquire if a decision had been made I was told they were almost there and HR would let me know. Never heard from NG again. Not even the courtesy of a rejection email. Overall I would describe my experience as: waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a conflict with a boss. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question