National University of Singapore Interview Questions

Updated 29 May 2014

2.6

Executive - Student Affairs Interview

1 interview
    Fun culture, but cliquish. People don't take the effort to make newcomers feel welcome

Negotiate with justifications for pay increase
    My first request for pay negotiation was rejected by the HR staff. Only when I listed my full justifications was I taken seriously.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent Ridge (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent Ridge (Singapore)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

the interview is really very technical. You just talk with professor or project PI.

Interview Questions
    just during the talk with project PI

Associate Director Interview

I applied online - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

2 interviews. 2nd interview involves presentation.

PhD Candidate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

This was for the PhD position at YLL School of Medicine. Regular PhD questions of why, what are your interests, post PhD plans; relocation to Singapore, potential lab interests. Easy enough. They specifically asked about the techniques I have learned. They also asked about grades.

Interview Questions
    • One particular technique I had done two years ago. I managed to say the basics, but I honestly couldn't remember the details; as I'd done it only two.three times.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2014.

Since this is an out-sourced temporary contract position, the interview position was really fast. I did not email/correspond with the company myself, all was done through the recruitment agency. When I was asked to go for the interview, it was done by a Senior Executive whom I would report to directly. I think all he/she needed to know was if I were able to do the work required or not.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing at all. Just the simple question of me being qualified, why would I want a temp job.   View Answer
    None, all done through the recruitment agency.

Research Assistant Interview

Employer (Prof) would ask you about your inclinations and willingness to work past office hours (as expected for research related work). The prof would then describe his/her current works and the findings and he/she would ask you few questions on how would you be able to help out in the lab. They would bring you to meet their lab members and would allow you to have a small chat with them and let you have interactions with them.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

The hiring process of NUS for TA position normally takes about 3-4 weeks. The potential candidates are mainly from the PhD students inside each department. However, in some cases, they will be recruiting from outside.

The interview is generally standard. They asked you about your teaching background. Be confident and be firm.

Interview Questions
    • Your skill sets might be not matched with their needs. But never mind, you can show that the fundamental philosophy of teaching is the same by applying the same method.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Schedule a meeting with the professor. Talk with him during the meeting about your background. Sometimes he will ask for your transcript and determine whether you are suitable for the job.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Mailed to a proffessor on my research interests..
    Had a call with him about my current area of work and what I wish to do ..

Research Fellow Interview

Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

Worked for National University of Singapore? Contribute to the Community!