Navistar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Manager Interview

Supply Manager
Warrenville, IL (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Navistar in June 2013.

Interview Details Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Interview Question – None difficult questions   Answer Question

Distribution Manager Interview

Distribution Manager
Joliet, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Navistar in December 2011.

Interview Details Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Question – Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   View Answer

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Senior Product Development Engineer
Lisle, IL (US)

I interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

Interview Details SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Question – how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2013.

Interview Details I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Question – Typical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Engine Test Technician
Melrose Park, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar in March 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Question – Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Navistar.

Interview Details Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Question – Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Product Development Engineer, Senior Interview

Product Development Engineer, Senior
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Navistar in November 2011.

Interview Details 1 round of in person interviews - only behavioral questions. no technical questions.

Interview Question – Describe an experience where you had to deal with an unpleasant person/situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No scope for negotiation

FALD Program Interview

FALD Program
Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

Interview Details I applied through my school's career center and had one 30 minute, on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a few easy behavioral questions and one technical question regarding connections between the financial statements. I was called a little over a month later with an offer.

Interview Question – Explain the relationship between the balance sheet and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
Warrenville, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2009.

Interview Details Behavioral-based interviews. First a phone interview with recruiter/HR then with direct manager.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes there was some room to move on salary. Not much else.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Navistar

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!